Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault Reforged machine Ryse Superpele NPCs commonwealth Call Mask Gear ghoul boom khan hunk daryl FCOM dead wolfenstein marvel boomers money upgrades space riot mandalorian body
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 3:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 6:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would anyone recommend any books to me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaggyroad

Jaggyroad

Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:03 am

I would heartily recommend King Leopold's Ghost. It's about the discovery of the raping of the Congolese people in the 1800s by the Belgians. Also, if you've never read The Great Gatsby, I can also highly recommend it. The end of the book is, in my opinion, some of the best written prose ever put to paper in English literature. Lastly, The 13th Warrior by Micheal Crichton. Don't bother with the movie, it's completely naff, however, the book is a roller coaster and really dives into Norse mythology and its people from the perspective of an outsider.

VenomStingerGaming

VenomStingerGaming

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 11:02 pm

One of my favourite books with a somewhat exciting tale is "Survivors and Bandits".

It's based on DayZ and you can buy it on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Constable Canada

Constable Canada

Character sheet
Name: Johnny S
Faction: Lewd Krew
Level: 69 or 99

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 11:16 pm

I would reccomend Stephen King's The Long Walk. It's a story about children that have to walk across America and let's just say something bad will happen to them if walk slower than a certain speed. Very good read I ended up reading it when I was severly sick a couple of years ago.

inaki2307

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 12:15 am

I would reccomend you 1984  by George Orwell , I am really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/wasteland_artworks/
Tupolev

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 12:19 am

if you're also into nonfiction, then read Ernst Junger's memoirs "Storm of Steel". It might not be post-apocalyptic but he really does carry that horror of war well in his diaries.
Back to top Go down
HardComma

HardComma

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 12:23 am

I would recommend the Eisenhorn Onimbus, great 40k book. It is the story of an Inquisitor and it explores some of the darker things about 40k

In the blood-soaked Sabbat Worlds Crusade, the massed ranks of the Imperium battle the dark forces of Chaos for dominion. At the forefront of this conflict are the Imperial Guard – untold numbers of ordinary soldiers fighting to preserve the Emperor’s holy realm. 'Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt and the men of the Tanith First-and-Only are at the heart of this struggle. 'Forced to flee their planet before it was destroyed by Chaos, they are the last of their breed. This, together with their peerless scouting ability, has earned them the nickname the ‘Ghosts’. With unmatched tactical acumen, experts in covert operations, they're dispatched to the very worst hellholes in the galaxy.

Imperial Lexicanum
Back to top Go down
ElderFreak

ElderFreak

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 1:22 am

The Halo books are very interesting. They explain most of the lore sort of like the behind the scene action. For example, I think there's one that explains the time while Chief is in cryogenic sleep. If not, World War Z is an amazing action pack book. The movie was crap so don't feel like you won't read it because of the movie.

The Pilgrim

The Pilgrim

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 1:58 am

Dune was a rather impressive messianic novel about a young man named Paul.
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 2:06 am

All of William Gibsons books, seriously, read em, pronto.
Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Thumbs_3354-w-gibson
Back to top Go down
BeSPrideL

BeSPrideL

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 2:16 am

@Tekkers
A series of books, the death zone, Russian writers.Severe post-apocalyptic world inhabited by intelligent mechanisms and other things.
P.S.
I am writing a book about the post-apocalypse, can you ever not read)

rojok2

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 2:44 am

Roadside picnic is the book that inspired the s.t.a.l.k.e.r. series of games and is a good post apocalyptic read.
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 4:11 am

I'd recommend reading Nineteen Eighty-Four (Often published as 1984). A hardcore dystopian novel that inspired the V for Vendetta Comic and Movie.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 9:06 am

Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy is always a great read. The series is hilarious, but ends horribly(apparenly Doug didn't want to write anymore, but they forced him and he retaliated by writing a bad ending).

Another good series I'm reading is Monster Hunter International. It's somewhat similar to the show Supernatural in the sense that they hunt and kill all kinds of monsters. The general populace doesn't know monsters exist, but the government does. Teddy Roosevelt started a bounty system where if any person were to kill a monster, depending on the type, they could get paid a lot. There are a few private companies of "hunters" who deal with all kinds of things. It's a pretty good read if you like senseless violence, detailed descriptions of guns(the author is a gun nut), lovable characters, and mythical creatures. Starts out with Owen Pitt(main character) who ends up having to kill his boss because he turned into a werewolf and gets a visit from two government agents who threaten him to keep quiet about the situation. Then he gets offered a job in a private company. I won't spoil any more. It's a pretty damn good read if you like that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
rumo12

rumo12

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 6:03 pm

The Laundry Files by Charles Stross are great - they're Lovecraftian spy thrillers / urban fantasy and each one is written in the style of a different famous author. I'd highly endorse them!
Back to top Go down
SpaceLord21

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 2:30 am

Well, I've been getting into many of the classics lately. Just finished Brave New World, excellent read though you may have already read it. Plenty of great Sci-Fi books out there: Dune, Ender's Game, the Foundation Trilogy, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Plethora of others. IF your in the mood for something short I know of quite a few short stories you could read. I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream, The Rats in the Walls, the Last Question. All great short stories.

Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 This_is_useless_star_wars
Back to top Go down
praising

praising

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:24 am

Good topic, there's so many great books, cool to share some, and discover some too.

One that really got me, "The Stand" by Stephen King. Really cool story, and kinda post apocalyptic so, I guess since we're all Fallout fan here, it's a book that most people here would like, i think.

I think I already posted about this one in antoher book related topic but it's too good, i can't recommend it enough. "Musashi", by Eiji Yoshikawa. A fictionalized account of the life of Myiamoto Musashi, one of the greatest swordsman that ever lived. If you like samurais, or simply interested by Japanese culture, then go for it. One of the best book I've read.

Some of you may know this one. But this one is not for everyone I think, cause you have to be familiar with the universe it deals with. "The Silmarillion", by Tolkien and his son. It's like the bible of Tolkien universe. it tells pretty much everything that happens from the creation of the world to the War of the Rings. It brings life into Tolkien works. It can be hard to read and comprehend everything the first time though(lots of names, and locations, and things happening), it's relatively small, but deals with an enormous amount of content, and if you're a Tolkien fan, it's a must have. You cannot fully comprehend the size and depth of Tolkien world until you've read it.

Finally, two books by Arthur Conan Doyle. They are not his most known works, but they're still quite good. "The White Company" and "Sir Nigel". "The White Company", tells the story of a young englishman, of low nobility, that gets enlisted in a lord's army, Sir Nigel, in the middle of the Hundred Years War, between France and England. And "Sir Nigel", which was released after "The White Company" but depicts events that happens way before it, it tells the youth of Sir Nigel. So the two books are kinda connected, but you can pretty much read them in the order you like. They are really good.

huzzel

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 3:23 pm

I mostly read pulp, from what you mentioned so far that's not what you're looking for. But if you're looking for a nice distraction, the Witcher novels are very entertaining. Even more than the games.
Back to top Go down
piet33

piet33

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:30 pm

Return Man by V.M. Zito, if you´re looking for some zombie-apocalypse type books.
Back to top Go down
ElderFreak

ElderFreak

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:34 pm

@piet33 Yeah, I loved Return Man. I think I'm going to read that again.

LtTripitZ

LtTripitZ

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 6:05 pm

I've found that most books I read are video game lore story books, like the Halo books or the Mass Effect books (witch I completely recomend, written by the legendary Drew Karpyshyn, the writter of Star Wars KotOR and Mass Effect games Wink ). I'm starting to get into other books myself so I can't really recommend any others except for them.

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone recommend any books to me?   Would anyone recommend any books to me? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Would anyone recommend any books to me?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next