Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
upgrades ghoul boomers boom money vault Gear body Ryse marvel hunk Superpele NPCs Reforged space Call Mask khan wolfenstein FCOM machine commonwealth dead daryl riot mandalorian
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gyrard

Gyrard

Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Empty
PostSubject: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Do you think or wish for the iconic Ranger Combat/Riot Armor of Fallout New Vegas to appear in Fallout 4? While it's certainly less immediately recognizable/associated with the Fallout name than the T-45d, T-51b, or Enclave MK1, I can't help but feel like a complete boss while wearing it without feeling like a borderline-invincible walking tank, which fits in well with the wild west theme of New Vegas where speed and good ol' firepower is the name of the game. I suppose if it isn't in the base game, someone could add it in through a mod, possibly with a texture/mesh facelift.
Back to top Go down
The New Skynet

The New Skynet

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:30 pm

It was super popular in New Vegas, so I'm gonna say it probably will be. If not, it'd only be a matter of time until it gets ported over.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Back to top Go down
dingledong123

dingledong123

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:31 pm

umm....I wouldn't be surprised if the ranger combat armor will not be coming back, I mean if its in high demand there might be some mods coming out that could add one?
Back to top Go down
tehuitzaldebamf

tehuitzaldebamf

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:33 pm

I feel the only chance it has at returning is if the NCR are some way implemented into the game because its their signature armor. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some other riot variants were put into the games like what the new vegas DLC added.
Back to top Go down
lloganl12

lloganl12

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:40 pm

I don't think it will be wide spread like it was in New Vegas. I think that it will be incorporated much like the remnants enclave armor was in New Vegas. I don't think there will be a quest like there was in New Vegas because unlike the Enclave in the Mojave there wouldn't be any reason for the NCR to be anywhere but the west. At the very least i think one set will be put into the game unless maybe the NCR is somehow part of Fallout 4. Than maybe there would be a quest with it which would be kinda cool too.
Back to top Go down
The New Skynet

The New Skynet

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:44 pm

Yeah it certainly won't be widespread, but I do think it'll be in there as a hidden thing or special reward somewhere. Maybe a former Ranger from out west has a quest for you and when you complete it, he gives you his old Ranger armor?

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Back to top Go down
dingledong123

dingledong123

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:55 pm

or just kill him and take his armor?
Back to top Go down
Gyrard

Gyrard

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:00 pm

The Desert Ranger Combat Armor in the Honest Hearts DLC was originally worn by a Staff Sergeant of the USMC, who had served two tours of duty in combat against China, so it wouldn't be unheard of for a few suits of that specific variant of combat armor to be in Boston considering how many Marine bases are on the East coast.

VATROU

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:22 pm

In Lonesome Road. It was established that Pre-War Riot armor was given to the police force there, they may have been more military however and I'm confusing things. But I'd say that Riot Armor could be found in Cities that have need for a well equipped SWAT force. So yes i do think we'll see it again, but it might be more rare this time around.

Check out my Fallout Alaska Fan Lore Master Thread 2, pop in, leave a suggestion, or simply comment. Why is it called a Master Thread? Well because it's where all my updates will go first.

Like Fallout Fan Fiction!? Check out Explorers of the New World Updated regularly. It's about Alaska and the Wackiness that ensues therein.
Back to top Go down
jmcatap1

jmcatap1

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:13 am

Gyrard wrote:
The Desert Ranger Combat Armor in the Honest Hearts DLC was originally worn by a Staff Sergeant of the USMC, who had served two tours of duty in combat against China, so it wouldn't be unheard of for a few suits of that specific variant of combat armor to be in Boston considering how many Marine bases are on the East coast.

I would love the Honest hearts combat armor to make an appearance in Fallout 4. Maybe as a reward for mid game difficulty quest with some pretty good stats.
Back to top Go down
Tekkers

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:15 am

Even if we didn't see it, I'm sure the PC master race super duper mega awesome epic community would soon wizz' up some mods for it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
Shadowvalor

Shadowvalor

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:17 am

While the armor was fantastic looking, and I would love to see it's return to the series in Fallout 4, I have doubts that we'll see it's return simply because it was the iconic armor of Fallout New Vegas. Bethesda has a history of giving their games a distinct regional feeling, and while Fallout 4 is going to have returning designs in the Power Armor we can also see the sort of changes they're going to make in how the Vault Suit looks on the protagonist at the end of the trailer. I don't think we'll see the Ranger Combat Armor, or the armors such as the mercenary outfits from the previous games.
I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I see happening.

Just to keep the rest of the thread going without my downer ideas: can you image how the coat would look with cloth physics attached to it?

xThat1WhiteKidx

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:27 am

I'm going to say yes, but it's probably going to be a unique armor hidden somewhere in the wastes or possibly a side quest reward. If they do include it it'll probably just be called "riot armor" like the set from Lonesome Road as the Rangers have no presence on the east coast. (that i'm aware of)

AdvancedTerror

Character sheet
Name: Ben (Blaze) Maddox
Faction: Raider
Level: 62

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:32 am

Well, the ranger armour was basically modified pre-war riot armour. I'd take a guess and say that Boston PD probably had some riot gear. So yeah, I think we will see a variant of the riot gear in FO4. But it won't be ranger armour. Mainly because I doubt there will be any Rangers in Boston.

LightTofu

Character sheet
Name: Haruka
Faction: Raider
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:57 am

Probably! But I speculate it would be unique armor instead of the common ones you'll find in Boston.
Maybe there will be armor in the game similar to Ranger armor in New Vegas. Probably not exact but similar, I hope.

I really hope I find one, I always chose Ranger armor over the iconic Brotherhood of Steel's power armor.
Back to top Go down
benn33

benn33

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:15 am

I don't think we'll see the armor exactly as it was, but like mentioned, it IS just prewar riot gear, so I assume we could find some variation of it. It might not have such a trench coat but it will probably have the under armor and helmet! Joy Dance

SupaDupaFee

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:39 am

I have a feeling that the NCR wont have an as strong presence like it did in NV so maybe not, or it might be like a hidden armor or something. I feel like were gonna see way more BoS armors in this game.
Back to top Go down
L33tWolf1775

L33tWolf1775

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:25 am

Wouldn't mind it but honestly we need to set most of the past aside and look toward the future, we should focus on what Bethesda can make up and add in this game rather than what they can copy and paste back in, besides I'm sure modders will fire up their tools and make Ranger Combat Armor themselves and plenty of other old armors and weapons.

I see what you did t Just a bored Star Wars fan, looking forward to some nice mods for Fallout and a generally nice community.
P.S: LONG LIVE THE C.I.S!
Back to top Go down
Niik Havod

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:00 am

The Ranger Combat Armor was one of the most badass armors created for the Fallout series! Seriously, that trench coat with the riot armor under it just made your character look amazing. However, it's probably unlikely to appear in Fallout 4 as others have stated. I do not think the NCR will have an appearance in Fallout 4 but it is always possible. I think it would be great if we can be rewarded with the armor from an ex-ranger after completing some kind of mission.
Back to top Go down
Gyrard

Gyrard

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 am

Niik Havod wrote:
The Ranger Combat Armor was one of the most badass armors created for the Fallout series! Seriously, that trench coat with the riot armor under it just made your character look amazing. However, it's probably unlikely to appear in Fallout 4 as others have stated. I do not think the NCR will have an appearance in Fallout 4 but it is always possible. I think it would be great if we can be rewarded with the armor from an ex-ranger after completing some kind of mission.

As others have said, the Riot armor under the trench coat is probably widespread, considering both riot control and USMC personnel have it. Source: Lonesome Road and Honest Hearts. Boston city likely has some form of riot/SWAT team, and there are a lot of Marine bases on the East coast, so it wouldn't be impossible. While it may not have the brown trench coat, it may show up as the armor and helmet by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?   Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will we see the the Ranger Combat Armor in Fallout 4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next