[ 9 ]
51% 51% 
[ 46 ]
9% 9% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 90

Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4

Post by Tesvixen on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:14 am

Well in the female PC's case, just mod her to reply with things Jack would say! closed eyes smile

But the most realistic answer will be to create a mod that silences the PC Voice type.
Tesvixen

View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wotan on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 am

Voiced or not voiced protagonist is no big deal to me. It seems games generally go with the voiced option these days.
wotan

View user profile http://www.ladymoiraine.com/forum/index.php?board=334.0

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldPyro on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Its a meh idea that a lot of people are mixed about. But if you dont like the talking protagonist, Im sure mods will be able to fix that. TongueTril

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MomoTheTerminator on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:06 pm

@Svide wrote:
@NKR2015 wrote:Honestly, the voice would kill the immersion for me. Seriously I'd rather just have no voice for my character than have a voice GIVEN to me. That would be insufferable for the countless hours I would be playing that game.

I totally agree, I want to play as "myself" It's like me playing as bethesda's character and not mine. And Knowing that Troy baker pulled that one liner at the end of the trailer I know for a fact that he'll be your voice.

its not troy baker its brian t.delaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SwiggedySwoody on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:10 pm

I do not believe it is a big deal in the first place. However, it probably isn't hard to just add an option/mod to force first person and turn off voice in dialogue if you really hate it that much. Seems some people are blowing this a bit out of proportion. I mean, is a voiced character really going to ruin the game? No, but I can still understand that some would prefer a silent character for RP/Immersion reasons. Personally, I don't care whether the PC has a voice or not, but each to his/her own of course Smile

SwiggedySwoody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayylmao22 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:02 pm

If they don't have Russian accent that goes "ANUU CHEEKI BREKKI IV DANKE" and a stereotypical German accent it will be dumb. As having multiple voice options allows for more immersion for your character.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Overdone on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:22 pm

I'm fine with having a voiced protagonist in an RPG. I believe Todd Howard himself said something along the lines of "If this was any other game franchise, you would expect a voiced protagonist." This is opens the doors to a new player base, possibly making even more Fallout fans.

"But every other Fallout game has had a silent protagonist." True, but those games are part of an older generation. If Fallout wants to compete with the big kids in the gaming industry, Bethesda has to adapt, which I think they're doing really well.

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty corkscrew on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:14 am

I like having voiced protagonists; I actually find silent protagonists irritating, with dumb one sided conversations. The thing with Fallout/ TES, however, is that the protagonist does have a voice, but your dialogue selections aren't voiced, so you have to sort of imagine it. I would like this new system they've got going if there are a few voice options to choose from, but I suspect that will never be the case. Still, it's not a deal breaker for me, chances are high I'll grow to accept it and enjoy the game regardless.
rusty corkscrew

Location : A little island nation near Australia, you probably haven't heard of it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeLefner on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 pm

As it was said before, I am for the option of multiple voices. I don't like the idea of having one voice for all races, that seems a little bit strange. Other than that I don't mind that they decided to give the main character a little bit of backstory. Regardless I think that the modders will find a way around it.
MikeLefner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:36 pm

You know, I'm absolutely fine with the player voice, but I'd love there to be a pitch changer like in Saints Row 4 because having the same voice for every different character you create would really kill different playthroughs as different types of characters. If not, guess there's always a clever modder out there who'll figure out how to make your characters silent.

I am willing to play as a voiced character, however like I just mentioned, I would still like a mute mod for future playthroughs. There's also the fact one of my New Vegas characters was a continuation of my Fallout 3 character, just 10 years older, and at some point I want to put him in Fallout 4, and continue his story through an alternate beginning mod.

There are a lot of interesting opinions people have written so far, some I agree with others I do not.

Panther

Character sheet
Name: Revan
Faction: N7
Level: ∞

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Billythekid6120 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:05 am

I've personally wanted a voiced protagonist sense fo3. I'm tired of mute characters because I feel they're the standard/cheap way for the player to grow attached to the character, or to feel more immersed in some way.
Billythekid6120

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top