Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
khan vault Ryse Overhaul daryl money body Call wolfenstein Reforged hunk marvel Armor Superpele ghoul NPCs Mask machine mandalorian boomers Gear commonwealth riot boom FCOM dead
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:06 am

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 am

» Greetings!
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:50 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Jovian

Dark Jovian

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:51 am

So it looks like it is time to buy a new PC.

I haven't played Fallout for almost a year (real life duties), and I want to get back to it soon, hopefully.

Anyway, this just made my day!

Last edited by bl4d3l0r3s on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:58 am

Eetterinakki wrote:
@Tesvixen

Then again, the player character never was "silent" in the same sense as, say, Gordon Freeman from HL2. All dialogue such as that "let's get going" was handled by choosing a line that a NPC would respond to. Makes me wonder how the dialogue itself will play out in this one.

It sounds like it could be interesting though, if the player commented on the current situation or location like companions did, or something like that.

-or maybe the dialogue system will become somewhat similar to Mass Effect.

0 lines of spoken dialogue in a game with thousands of lines of spoken dialogue = silent protagonist as far as I'm concerned.  Clicking a line of text to answer a question doesn't change that.

Point is, I'm tired of games where the player character doesn't speak in a world of characters who do.  For all the criticism levied at Dragon Age 2, one of the most consistently complimented/praised aspects of the game is Hawke (particularly, sarcastic Hawke) - he/she was considered a huge upgrade over the Warden in Origins, who was a Bethesda style 'silent' protagonist.  

I know some people prefer that style of character (so that they can 'project' their own voice and such onto it) but I'll take a Hawke/Commander Shepard over a voiceless character any day of the week.

Last edited by Tesvixen on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teegfonv

teegfonv

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:59 am

well looks like it's time to buy a new PC because mine can't run Skyrim though it runs a fully modded Fallout New Vegas fine. the video looks cool but I haven't seen any game play so I'm not holding my breath until then, though I am excited, we will see if this its better than just a modern skyrim knock off. I hope they have improved the creation engine a lot....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:01 am

teegfonv wrote:
well looks like it's time to buy a new PC because mine can't run Skyrim though it runs a fully modded Fallout New Vegas fine. the video looks cool but I haven't seen any game play so I'm not holding my breath until then, though I am excited, we will see if this its better than just a modern skyrim knock off. I hope they have improved the creation engine a lot....

There was real-time gameplay in that trailer. Like the ghouls rushing at you in the market.
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:02 am

If they decide to lean towards a talkative protagonist, then i hope for multiple voice actors for different races, don't really want the voice of troy baker as a hispanic character. closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
Delineator

Delineator

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:03 am

I want to see the recommended specs before I go spending my limited money on new compuer parts.

teegfonv

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:06 am

Tesvixen wrote:
teegfonv wrote:

There was real-time gameplay in that trailer.  Like the ghouls rushing at you in the market.

I see you're right my phones quality on YouTube didn't really let me see anything until the second time watching the video. it looks awesome but I'm really not going to get excited until  good modders get their hands on things, so there will be a paywall behind good mods (almost definitely) I'm fine with supporting modders. I'm extremely excited about this but I really hope it doesn't make people forget about Fallout New Vegas
Back to top Go down
lxlslashlxl

lxlslashlxl

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:11 am

Looks great. I'm a big fan of the more colorful palette that they chose to go with. Also a big fan them of showing us the "real" graphics that we should be able to expect, for a change.

Going off the trailer, I'd bet that our protagonist is going to be a survivor from the pre-war era. Likely preserved through cryostasis or something similar in one of Vault-Tec's special little vault experiments.

If only Bethesda could pull off some really stellar writing... Here's to hoping!
Back to top Go down
hectymcc

hectymcc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:18 am

I just watched it again, and noticed that it looks like you can make your own custom power armor. That's just a guess, but it really looks like Bethesda has made the game more immersive and stuff. I'm extremely excited to see what the future holds for this game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:19 am

[quote="teegfonv"]
Tesvixen wrote:
there will be a paywall behind good mods (almost definitely) I'm fine with supporting modders. I'm extremely excited about this but I really hope it doesn't make people forget about Fallout New Vegas

No, there won't. If you think/want to argue otherwise, then you clearly don't realize the degree to which paid mods failed. That exploded in Valve/Bethesda's faces like few things have.

As for New Vegas? It'll continue to be modded until when/if we get proper tools for Fallout 4, then it'll be dropped the way Oblivion modding fell off a cliff for Fallout 3 (and especially Skyrim).
Back to top Go down
teegfonv

teegfonv

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:23 am

Tesvixen wrote:
teegfonv wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:
there will be a paywall behind good mods (almost definitely) I'm fine with supporting modders. I'm extremely excited about this but I really hope it doesn't make people forget about Fallout New Vegas

No, there won't.  If you think/want to argue otherwise, then you clearly don't realize the degree to which paid mods failed.  That exploded in Valve/Bethesda's faces like few things have.

As for New Vegas?  It'll continue to be modded until when/if we get proper tools for Fallout 4, then it'll be dropped the way Oblivion modding fell off a cliff for Fallout 3 (and especially Skyrim).

you may be right and I don't want to argue with you because you are almost definitely more informed than I am. however on the official announcement made about paid mods they said that they said the pay wall would not be implanted now because it was a bad idea for years old community but they said on the page that they thought it would be a great idea for future games (fallout 4) however I do realize that the online community signed the petition (including me) and everybody hated the idea.I suppose even if a company loves an idea, if their fans dont then it doesnt matter. I think you are right tesvixen.
Back to top Go down
Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:25 am

@lxlslashlxl

That's an interesting concept.

Now that I think of it, does the protagonist look like the father of family when the house is shown in pre-war time? The dog visiting the house is his companion too. Let the speculation begin.

@hectymcc

Yeah, I'm also hoping crafting will have a bigger role in this one.
Also, it looks like he has a laser rifle scope on his rifle.

SpaceLord21

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:31 am

hectymcc wrote:
I just watched it again, and noticed that it looks like you can make your own custom power armor. That's just a guess, but it really looks like Bethesda has made the game more immersive and stuff. I'm extremely excited to see what the future holds for this game!
Oh how amazing it would be to be able to craft power armor, cutomizable power armor is probably the best idea for Fallout I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
TheAfterKing

TheAfterKing

Character sheet
Name: Hyper
Faction: STLM
Level: 9000

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:34 am

Tesvixen wrote:
Anyway, am I the only one that noticed the player character spoke?  That's a big, big deal for me... I hate the whole 'silent protagonist' thing their games (and others) do.

I noticed that to, I remember that voice, does anybody remember Alex Mason from the Call of Duty Black Ops series, I think it is the same voice actor!!!
there where some theory's about the voice acting of the charachter you play as just like in mass effect
Can't wait to make a Jordan mods for fallout 4!!! Very Happy Joy Dance

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIKXrd3uINwhtLA0uOfDbpQ?view_as
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:49 am

This looks really cool, as expected. I hope that they won't force you to play as one character with a certain voice.
Back to top Go down
TheAfterKing

TheAfterKing

Character sheet
Name: Hyper
Faction: STLM
Level: 9000

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 am

KrizalidBrando wrote:
This looks really cool, as expected. I hope that they won't force you to play as one character with a certain voice.

you can customize your own character, female and male both but they have both a own voice Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIKXrd3uINwhtLA0uOfDbpQ?view_as
SpaceLord21

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 am

lxlslashlxl wrote:
Looks great. I'm a big fan of the more colorful palette that they chose to go with. Also a big fan them of showing us the "real" graphics that we should be able to expect, for a change.

Going off the trailer, I'd bet that our protagonist is going to be a survivor from the pre-war era. Likely preserved through cryostasis or something similar in one of Vault-Tec's special little vault experiments.

If only Bethesda could pull off some really stellar writing... Here's to hoping!
He does look remarkably similar, not to mention the dog seems to recognize the scent of the room, could be the same person. I also heard something a while ago about a soldier being stuck in a cryotube for Fallout 4, could've been a fan fic but I don't really know. Could our protagonist be a couple hundred years old without being a ghoul? Who knows.
I think I'll carry the discussion to the other page as seeing I'm not the only one who has heard of these things.

Last edited by LordEdwardius on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:52 am

TheAfterKing wrote:
KrizalidBrando wrote:

you can customize your own character, female and male both but they have both a own voice Thumbs Up
Awesome. I usually play as a female character with a brutal or serious persona, they should give us the option to change the tone or something, so it will fit everyone's taste.
Back to top Go down
hectymcc

hectymcc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:53 am

Yeah I liked that they broke that trend of the silent protagonist. If you do take on a fully voiced character I'll be ecstatic. It really break immersion when you're in the middle of a cutscene and the other characters talk to you, wait, you say nothing, and they act like it's somehow a normal thing. If they do a whole Saints Row pick your voice thing that would make me so much more willing to get this game. I want them to go the extra mile in this instead of playing it safe.
Back to top Go down
BKR1888

BKR1888

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:53 am

Hi, Got this nice screenshot of the power armour in the garage. It has a wall to the left and it looks like some gun parts so maybe that's a hint that modding a weapon will go further than adding a scope or silencer. Never know Smile

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Fallou20

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Fallou15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next