Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
________________

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Jovian



Posts : 182
Join date : 2014-02-28
Age : 26
Location : Eridanus Supervoid

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:51 pm

So it looks like it is time to buy a new PC.

I haven't played Fallout for almost a year (real life duties), and I want to get back to it soon, hopefully.

Anyway, this just made my day!

_________________


Last edited by bl4d3l0r3s on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen



Posts : 3681
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:58 pm

@Eetterinakki wrote:
@Tesvixen

Then again, the player character never was "silent" in the same sense as, say, Gordon Freeman from HL2. All dialogue such as that "let's get going" was handled by choosing a line that a NPC would respond to. Makes me wonder how the dialogue itself will play out in this one.

It sounds like it could be interesting though, if the player commented on the current situation or location like companions did, or something like that.

-or maybe the dialogue system will become somewhat similar to Mass Effect.

0 lines of spoken dialogue in a game with thousands of lines of spoken dialogue = silent protagonist as far as I'm concerned.  Clicking a line of text to answer a question doesn't change that.

Point is, I'm tired of games where the player character doesn't speak in a world of characters who do.  For all the criticism levied at Dragon Age 2, one of the most consistently complimented/praised aspects of the game is Hawke (particularly, sarcastic Hawke) - he/she was considered a huge upgrade over the Warden in Origins, who was a Bethesda style 'silent' protagonist.  

I know some people prefer that style of character (so that they can 'project' their own voice and such onto it) but I'll take a Hawke/Commander Shepard over a voiceless character any day of the week.


Last edited by Tesvixen on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
teegfonv



Posts : 287
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:59 pm

well looks like it's time to buy a new PC because mine can't run Skyrim though it runs a fully modded Fallout New Vegas fine. the video looks cool but I haven't seen any game play so I'm not holding my breath until then, though I am excited, we will see if this its better than just a modern skyrim knock off. I hope they have improved the creation engine a lot....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen



Posts : 3681
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:01 pm

@teegfonv wrote:
well looks like it's time to buy a new PC because mine can't run Skyrim though it runs a fully modded Fallout New Vegas fine. the video looks cool but I haven't seen any game play so I'm not holding my breath until then, though I am excited, we will see if this its better than just a modern skyrim knock off. I hope they have improved the creation engine a lot....

There was real-time gameplay in that trailer. Like the ghouls rushing at you in the market.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
Kira Yoshikage



Posts : 3576
Join date : 2014-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Osaka

Character sheet
Name: Regina "H8-84"
Faction: Institute, Forward Operating Unit
Level: 73

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:02 pm

If they decide to lean towards a talkative protagonist, then i hope for multiple voice actors for different races, don't really want the voice of troy baker as a hispanic character. closed eyes smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delineator



Posts : 207
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 21

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:03 pm

I want to see the recommended specs before I go spending my limited money on new compuer parts.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teegfonv



Posts : 287
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:06 pm

@Tesvixen wrote:
@teegfonv wrote:
well looks like it's time to buy a new PC because mine can't run Skyrim though it runs a fully modded Fallout New Vegas fine. the video looks cool but I haven't seen any game play so I'm not holding my breath until then, though I am excited, we will see if this its better than just a modern skyrim knock off. I hope they have improved the creation engine a lot....

There was real-time gameplay in that trailer.  Like the ghouls rushing at you in the market.

I see you're right my phones quality on YouTube didn't really let me see anything until the second time watching the video. it looks awesome but I'm really not going to get excited until  good modders get their hands on things, so there will be a paywall behind good mods (almost definitely) I'm fine with supporting modders. I'm extremely excited about this but I really hope it doesn't make people forget about Fallout New Vegas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lxlslashlxl



Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:11 pm

Looks great. I'm a big fan of the more colorful palette that they chose to go with. Also a big fan them of showing us the "real" graphics that we should be able to expect, for a change.

Going off the trailer, I'd bet that our protagonist is going to be a survivor from the pre-war era. Likely preserved through cryostasis or something similar in one of Vault-Tec's special little vault experiments.

If only Bethesda could pull off some really stellar writing... Here's to hoping!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hectymcc



Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-05-20
Age : 21
Location : Whiterun Hold

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:18 pm

I just watched it again, and noticed that it looks like you can make your own custom power armor. That's just a guess, but it really looks like Bethesda has made the game more immersive and stuff. I'm extremely excited to see what the future holds for this game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen



Posts : 3681
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:19 pm

[quote="teegfonv"]
@Tesvixen wrote:
there will be a paywall behind good mods (almost definitely) I'm fine with supporting modders. I'm extremely excited about this but I really hope it doesn't make people forget about Fallout New Vegas

No, there won't. If you think/want to argue otherwise, then you clearly don't realize the degree to which paid mods failed. That exploded in Valve/Bethesda's faces like few things have.

As for New Vegas? It'll continue to be modded until when/if we get proper tools for Fallout 4, then it'll be dropped the way Oblivion modding fell off a cliff for Fallout 3 (and especially Skyrim).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
teegfonv



Posts : 287
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:23 pm

@Tesvixen wrote:
@teegfonv wrote:
@Tesvixen wrote:
there will be a paywall behind good mods (almost definitely) I'm fine with supporting modders. I'm extremely excited about this but I really hope it doesn't make people forget about Fallout New Vegas

No, there won't.  If you think/want to argue otherwise, then you clearly don't realize the degree to which paid mods failed.  That exploded in Valve/Bethesda's faces like few things have.

As for New Vegas?  It'll continue to be modded until when/if we get proper tools for Fallout 4, then it'll be dropped the way Oblivion modding fell off a cliff for Fallout 3 (and especially Skyrim).

you may be right and I don't want to argue with you because you are almost definitely more informed than I am. however on the official announcement made about paid mods they said that they said the pay wall would not be implanted now because it was a bad idea for years old community but they said on the page that they thought it would be a great idea for future games (fallout 4) however I do realize that the online community signed the petition (including me) and everybody hated the idea.I suppose even if a company loves an idea, if their fans dont then it doesnt matter. I think you are right tesvixen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eetterinakki



Posts : 771
Join date : 2014-07-30
Location : Winland

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:25 pm

@lxlslashlxl

That's an interesting concept.

Now that I think of it, does the protagonist look like the father of family when the house is shown in pre-war time? The dog visiting the house is his companion too. Let the speculation begin.

@hectymcc

Yeah, I'm also hoping crafting will have a bigger role in this one.
Also, it looks like he has a laser rifle scope on his rifle.

_________________
A secret message to the chosen ones:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpaceLord21



Posts : 316
Join date : 2015-05-25
Age : 99
Location : the Shivering Isles

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:31 pm

@hectymcc wrote:
I just watched it again, and noticed that it looks like you can make your own custom power armor. That's just a guess, but it really looks like Bethesda has made the game more immersive and stuff. I'm extremely excited to see what the future holds for this game!
Oh how amazing it would be to be able to craft power armor, cutomizable power armor is probably the best idea for Fallout I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheAfterKing



Posts : 248
Join date : 2014-10-19
Location : You never find me

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:34 pm

@Tesvixen wrote:
Anyway, am I the only one that noticed the player character spoke?  That's a big, big deal for me... I hate the whole 'silent protagonist' thing their games (and others) do.

I noticed that to, I remember that voice, does anybody remember Alex Mason from the Call of Duty Black Ops series, I think it is the same voice actor!!!
there where some theory's about the voice acting of the charachter you play as just like in mass effect
Can't wait to make a Jordan mods for fallout 4!!! Very Happy Joy Dance

_________________

Nexus: TheAfterKing
My Achievements:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dio Brando



Posts : 3285
Join date : 2014-05-13
Age : 22

Character sheet
Name: Aya A7-01
Faction: Institute, Aggresive Reaction Unit
Level: Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:49 pm

This looks really cool, as expected. I hope that they won't force you to play as one character with a certain voice.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheAfterKing



Posts : 248
Join date : 2014-10-19
Location : You never find me

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:51 pm

KrizalidBrando wrote:
This looks really cool, as expected. I hope that they won't force you to play as one character with a certain voice.

you can customize your own character, female and male both but they have both a own voice Thumbs Up

_________________

Nexus: TheAfterKing
My Achievements:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpaceLord21



Posts : 316
Join date : 2015-05-25
Age : 99
Location : the Shivering Isles

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:51 pm

@lxlslashlxl wrote:
Looks great. I'm a big fan of the more colorful palette that they chose to go with. Also a big fan them of showing us the "real" graphics that we should be able to expect, for a change.

Going off the trailer, I'd bet that our protagonist is going to be a survivor from the pre-war era. Likely preserved through cryostasis or something similar in one of Vault-Tec's special little vault experiments.

If only Bethesda could pull off some really stellar writing... Here's to hoping!
He does look remarkably similar, not to mention the dog seems to recognize the scent of the room, could be the same person. I also heard something a while ago about a soldier being stuck in a cryotube for Fallout 4, could've been a fan fic but I don't really know. Could our protagonist be a couple hundred years old without being a ghoul? Who knows.
I think I'll carry the discussion to the other page as seeing I'm not the only one who has heard of these things.


Last edited by LordEdwardius on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dio Brando



Posts : 3285
Join date : 2014-05-13
Age : 22

Character sheet
Name: Aya A7-01
Faction: Institute, Aggresive Reaction Unit
Level: Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:52 pm

@TheAfterKing wrote:
KrizalidBrando wrote:
This looks really cool, as expected. I hope that they won't force you to play as one character with a certain voice.

you can customize your own character, female and male both but they have both a own voice Thumbs Up
Awesome. I usually play as a female character with a brutal or serious persona, they should give us the option to change the tone or something, so it will fit everyone's taste.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hectymcc



Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-05-20
Age : 21
Location : Whiterun Hold

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Yeah I liked that they broke that trend of the silent protagonist. If you do take on a fully voiced character I'll be ecstatic. It really break immersion when you're in the middle of a cutscene and the other characters talk to you, wait, you say nothing, and they act like it's somehow a normal thing. If they do a whole Saints Row pick your voice thing that would make me so much more willing to get this game. I want them to go the extra mile in this instead of playing it safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BKR1888



Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-24
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi, Got this nice screenshot of the power armour in the garage. It has a wall to the left and it looks like some gun parts so maybe that's a hint that modding a weapon will go further than adding a scope or silencer. Never know Smile


_________________
ONE MIND ANY WEAPON.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Today at 8:33 pm

Back to top Go down
 

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion
» BROKEN Official Trailer
» Official X-Men DoFP Discussion
» Fallout 4 - Official Trailer
» Fallout 4 - Far Harbor Official Trailer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-