Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

Contests Ended!
Winners Posted!

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Share | 

Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:16 am

if im completely honest zero of the characters in either game that weren't my own character got my attention even though fallout is my favorite series and the only one i continually play even after so many years i just focused on the dialogue box and general subtitles most of the time and rarely even looked at npc's faces when i was interacting with it (with vanilla oblivion im grateful i didnt look at the faces that much),

so in short none of the characters really interested me in new vegas or fallout 3 only because i got use to seeing them as any other object in the game follow a quest marker look at a dialogue box and repeat between gun fights,

strangely enough i have a good few favorite characters in fallout 4 due to the new dialogue system since im pretty much forced to pay more attention to the person im talking to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SentinelHunter

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:26 am

I know everyone hates Moira Brown from FO3 but I was always fond of her craziness.

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:18 pm

I really liked all the new vegas companions but ED-E was aways the main one i had with me. been a while since i played FO3 but i always liked Charon and Jericho.

As for non companions I liked Fisto in new vegas and Mr fantastic. npcs in FO3 maybe Dukov and Moira.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradoxwing

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 pm

i always loved Ulysses , he was philosophical ,far more intelligent then almost every npc in new vegas and the fact that you had to trek every dlc for his logs and some back story for him and then meet at the divide to ethier fight him with weapons or word , i usually keep him alive just becuase i couldn't kill him i see no reason to he may have been legion at one point but he left the legion to stand at the divide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schmity1982

Character sheet
Name: Krystian Hale
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 am

Don't ask; This is a WEIRD thing to even say...I kinda wished Caleb Mcaffrety from the Atomic Wrangler was a companion, Bounty hunter, was a jerk; looked like an old bad a$$, had an amazing beard LOL...I don't know why he came to mind? He just does lol.

I'm strange huh?

(But other then that I liked Sunny smiles and Doc Mitch, and "Old Ben." I believe his name was? was a really cool NPC!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElderFreak

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:59 am

I always liked Dad from Fallout 3. I liked how you were able to bond with a family member and really get to know them. It was actually pretty sad when he died since I thought he would survive the entire game. And he was voiced by Liam Neeson.

View user profile
Gunnermod266

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:15 am

Benny from FNV because it always seemed to me that even though he shot you in the head and left you for dead he still had a somewhat nice side to him and he seemed like he didn't really want to shoot you but the platinum chip was his obsession.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y0ungRe13el

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:54 am

I always liked Gob. He's the first ghoul you meet and is a good example of how ghouls are treated in the Wasteland.He would also be the first moral "choice" you make in the game, because he is the first guy you can treat badly, or be his first friend ever.

Character sheet
Name: Player Character
Faction: House Always Wins
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Father Elijah

Spoiler:

Now there's a non-player character that can get shit done (and get shit around him destroyed, but anyway...). I enjoy that he has a real vision of things, albeit entirely nightmareish, but a firm goal, something a lot of groups and people in the wastes lack; he generally seems quite excited by what he does, too, which is fun to spectate on. I'm a bit bias, though, as Dead Money is my favourite bit of New Vegas content gameplay-wise, too and as I have a soft spot for old man grandpa-type characters... not that my IRL grandad ever put a bomb collar on me and bent me to his will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DontKnow42

Character sheet
Name: DontKnow
Faction: Raider
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Joshua Graham, since he's the only person to be covered in petrol, lit on fire and threw down a canyon and survive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeoSnow

Character sheet
Name: Kratos
Faction: The Legion
Level: 9

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Ulysses. He's been everywhere from the big empty to zion valley. And he has pools of wisdom
Plus, he's one tough SOB lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:30 pm

Joshua Graham has always been my favorite. A man of faith who lost his way in the Legion, was lit on fire and thrown into the Grand Canyon, survived and found his faith again. He doesn't like violence, but he would much rather fight than give up his home.

Character sheet
Name: CT-5807
Faction: Norce Phorse
Level: Get on It

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:13 pm

I like the guy in the entrance to the Ultra-Luxe, just because of the speech option "Could I trouble you to blow it out your ass?" and the fact he still responds in a polite yet disgusted manner.
The writing for that game is just on point, I love nearly all of new Vegas's characters even the ones I hate. lol!

View user profile
Corvo

Character sheet
Name: Lone Wanderer
Faction: Lyons' Pride
Level: Star Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:25 pm

Really, I hate everybody. I like some more than others but I'm not really fond of any of them. They have their noble moments and their evil ones.

Though I do like Herbert "Daring" Dashwood. The Fallout equivalent of a washed up movie star and member of the Railroad, and he even wanted the ghouls to be allowed into Tenpenny Tower! It's a shame when they are, he is killed among the other zealots.

A true human bean.

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Joshua Graham for me, and Christine. Sarah Lyons was often the character my wanderers saw as a love interest, so I wasn't especially happy in FO4.

More obscure ones, I really felt for Tanya/The AntAgonizer if you talked her into retiring, and the missionary in Point Lookout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:42 am

Joshua Graham for his experience - Hatred and Determination kept him going

Fawkes for his Unconditional Loyalty

Father Elijah for his Admirable Vision of how he planned to shape the Mojave, be that a terrible vision, still an interesting one never-the-less

Character sheet
Name: Miles
Faction: N/A (Wanderer)
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:32 am

Fallout 3 or New Vegas? I'll choose one from each.

Fallout 3: Somah (Mothership Zeta)

She may be a slaver, but boy, does her attitude crack me up! Seriously, just listening to her dialogue in Mothership Zeta causes me to laugh out loud every time! She is such a wise-cracking character that you just can't help but love because of her... well, character! For example:

Me (after abduction) : "This has got to be a bad dream..."
Somah: "Yeah?! Well then wake the hell up, 'cause I'm tired of being stuck in it!"

XD ROFL

Fallout New Vegas: Cass

I admire Cass for many reasons, one being that she is a strong, independent woman. She founded her own caravan company, ran it well (until it got burned to ask by energy weapons) and even though you needed to help her out of the Mojave outpost, she still stays strong. And if you go with her to pay her respects to her caravan, you get to help her find out who really sacked her caravan! (Hint Hint: S.R. and CC) Besides that, she loves and can hold her whiskey! Even knows how to make it herself. ^_^

Last edited by the_phantom27 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot quotation mark)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostCR0

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:55 pm

For me it's Randall Clark. He survived The Great War and all the dangers that came after it, and in the end become a godlike figure to a new group of children who later became Sorrows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KillerReaver

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 pm

In Fallout 3 my favourite character, or at least the most memorable one was Moira Brown, her craziness was something else, wait you want me to go through a minefield? Radiation poisoning? OK, sure why not?

In New Vegas it had to be any of the think tanks, the dialogue was amazing and hilarious, are those... penis? tbf a lot of the dialogue in Old World Blues was just bizarre and funny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Thucydides_

PostSubject: Re: Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?   Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Been too long since I've played Fallout 3.

New Vegas, I'd say Ulysses, Joshua Graham, and Chief Hanlon. Ulysses because he's probably one of the smartest characters in the game, Joshua because I can identify with his struggle of faith and the conflict between vengeance and forgiveness, and Chief because he just seems really genuine. He's one of the few characters in games where he gives you a big, long speech, but every playthrough it feels fresh and you can just get lost in his story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Is there a FO3 or FNV character you are specially fond of?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next