Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein mandalorian dead boom marvel Gear vault Armor ghoul money Overhaul riot daryl Superpele Call hunk machine Reforged commonwealth Ryse Mask NPCs boomers khan body FCOM
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 Theories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:58 pm

alonewolf003 wrote:
Well they usually release their game in the same year they announced the game, so there's that, I wouldn't have any problem with that personally.

No, they don't.

Skyrim was revealed in 2010, released in 2011.  Oblivion was announced in 2004, released in 2006.  Fallout 3 was revealed in 2007, released in 2008.

TongueTril
Back to top Go down
nickrica

nickrica

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 9:23 pm

I have no problem with them taking their time if they need it. Would rather have it as finished as possible; New Vegas technically wasn't 'done' when they released it.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 9:35 pm

New Vegas wasn't a Bethesda-made game, though. Obsidian developed it.
Back to top Go down
Apoqsi

Apoqsi

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
alonewolf003 wrote:
Well they usually release their game in the same year they announced the game, so there's that, I wouldn't have any problem with that personally.

No, they don't.

Skyrim was revealed in 2010, released in 2011.  Oblivion was announced in 2004, released in 2006.  Fallout 3 was revealed in 2007, released in 2008.

TongueTril
You also have to remember that Skyrim was announced/revealed at VGA 2010 in December (one month before 2011). The game was released not even a full year span later. Oblivion & Fallout 3 can't necessarily be taken into account as things have changed drastically since those titles. Also keep in mind that Fallout 3's existance was officially confirmed as of July 10, 2004 so it can't be used as a reference to anything. This is Bethesdas first E3 conference and they have already announced that they'll be covering topics on other previous titles and have already confirmed that we'll be seeing the new Doom title by id Software. They still have time to fill for their E3 conference as a few games isn't going to cut it and Bethesda spokespersons have already said that they want to show their future titles all at once and not just as tad-bits (like previously stated, Doom is not an example because it is not a game developed by Bethesda). I understand where you are coming from but if you look at this for example you'll see that Skyrim started it's development in 2006 overlapping along with the development of Fallout 3. You could be completely right on no release this year of 2015 and I will state right now that 2016 will be the year if it is not this year that it is released. I'm still going to stand by my own research and predictions but I do fully understand everything you have said and I see your side of things. Either way, we will be seeing something for Fallout 4 at E3 2015 and they can't simply delay it because of the NDA breach as they have at this point already have things planned out for the time span of the E3 conference and them simply waiting longer to reveal it would do more community damage than anything. For me that would not build up more hype, I would honestly get tired of waiting with no details what so ever. Either way, lets wait and see what Bethesda has waiting for us at their upcoming E3 conference! Smile

p.s. Nice to see you giving your opinion whether or not it might make some upset.  Thumbs Up

Last edited by Apoqsi on Wed May 27, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistyped 2010 by accidentally putting 2011... It's now fixed! :))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Apoqsi
nickrica

nickrica

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
New Vegas wasn't a Bethesda-made game, though.  Obsidian developed it.

I always forget that for some reason lol, but still I hope it is given as much time as it needs to be as polished, bug free, and truly finished as possible.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Without meaning to sound rude... if my opinion about the chances of Fallout 4 releasing this year upsets someone, that person needs thicker skin. TongueTril

nickrica wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:
New Vegas wasn't a Bethesda-made game, though. Obsidian developed it.

I always forget that for some reason lol, but still I hope it is given as much time as it needs to be as polished, bug free, and truly finished as possible.

Yeah a lot of people blame them for New Vegas, and for Elder Scrolls Online (which they also had nothing to do with, aside from providing lore resources/consultation).
Back to top Go down
nickrica

nickrica

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Seeing as it's almost June, I doubt they could get it out this year.

Even though New Vegas was 'unfinished' it's still my favorite.

Obsidian also made KOTOR 2, which was considered unfinished also. I'm not sure if there is a connection, but I think in general game publishers shouldn't rush developers to release if they're really not ready.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 11:23 pm

I agree, Nick. Sadly a lot of developers (Bethesda among them) have a tendency to place a street date above the integrity of the product that they ship, since they can 'patch' it later.

Skyrim for example was absolutely broken on PS3, they had no business releasing that game in the shape it was in, and the PC version was woefully unstable on a 32-bit OS (which was what the majority of PCs still used in 2011).

Tons of 2014/2015 games shipped with massive 'Day 1' patches as well, often 10GB+ in size. If I was a developer I'd rather take the extra week/month/etc to fix known issues rather than get a rep for releasing buggy, unfinished shit.
Back to top Go down
Chromesthesia

Chromesthesia

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:29 am

Imagine this.

***THE BETHESDA STAGE AT E3 COMES ALIVE, THE ROOM IS PITCH BLACK BUT FALLOUT SIGNATURE SONG PLAYS LOUDLY.
A man walks out on the stage, he is illuminated by many lights. He appears to be holding up 4 fingers.
THE FALLOUT SYMBOL COMES ONTO THE SCREEN FOR ALL TO SEE.
The man stops at a microphone, he turns around and faces the screen.
I'm happy to announce, Fallout; Tales from the Wasteland, a Telltale game series with 4 episodes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:53 am

I need to stock up on pitchforks and torches so that I can resell them at a profit, in case something like that happens.
Back to top Go down
hectymcc

hectymcc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:49 am

Haha if that were the case, I'm sure your monopoly on basic mob commodities would make you a very wealthy person. But to add to your point about developers putting release before quality, I absolutely agree. I don't know how many people got the Halo Master Chief Collection, but that was atrociously buggy, unfinished, and unacceptable. It took them another four months to get the game's multiplayer component FUNCTIONING! That's why when companies announce delays for games a la Arkham knight, I can breathe a sigh of relief at the same time as I kick something in frustration.
Back to top Go down
Tekkers

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:56 am

@hectymcc

And on that point, I suppose that's why brokenfield battlefield four was such a buggy failure at realise, EA didn't give enough time to Dice to finish the game.
Atleast they fixed it like four months on.

Lesson learnt developers, don't release buggy unfinished pieces of shit.
YES, I'M LOOKING AT YOU BIG RIGS RACING!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
hectymcc

hectymcc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:00 am

I didn't even remember to add Battlefield 4 to the list! I got it after all the frustration subsided and it was a fairly functional game. But yes, EA is notorious for pushing games out the door far too early just to make a quick cash grab. It's a trend that has been going on for too long, and I'm amazed they've been able to get away with it!
Back to top Go down
Tekkers

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:02 am

Yup', totally agree with you, I'm still perplexed to how they're getting away with it too.

I'm not even into Star Wars, but that battlefront game looks amazing. They better not fuck it up.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
hectymcc

hectymcc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:08 am

Yes! The in-engine footage that they released in April looked very cool. I did read some stuff about the game though that makes me a little annoyed. Stuff like: there are NO space battles, no clone wars, only 8-12 maps, and we still don't know what actual gameplay is like. I don't know if you played the other Battlefront games, but I remember wanting a Playstation 2 just so I could play Battlefront 2! I actually recently bought it on Steam so I could mod it and play the game some more.
Back to top Go down
BKR1888

BKR1888

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 7:27 am

There's no space battles in Battlefront? But remember it's EA who's publishing so it was most likely be paid dlc.

Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Fallou15
Back to top Go down
BKR1888

BKR1888

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 7:31 am

And don't forget AC:unity. That was an incredibly buggy mess.

Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Fallou15
Back to top Go down
hectymcc

hectymcc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 9:05 am

@BKR1888

Yeah there are none, they still have fighter battles though. Still a huge setback for the game though. I shudder at the thought of how much paid DLC the new Battlefront game will have. Ugh it's very disappointing. But I never purchased AC:Unity Smile thankfully word of mouth traveled to me before I could, I've heard that it is pretty awful though. What a shame too
Back to top Go down
Timulika

Timulika

Character sheet
Name: Kerr
Faction: Independent
Level: 50+

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 9:10 am

Tesvixen wrote:
I wouldn't expect it before Fall 2016 personally.  I'd be stunned if it was sooner than that.

Unfortunately, I agree.

Another "leak"...While working security at a club, this was early 2014, I was talking to a drunk patron who started babbling about working on the new Fallout game. He said he was having a blast modelling the buildings of Philadelphia. The only reason I gave his drunken babble any thought was the fact that I didn't know this guy and I never mentioned anything about Fallout or any video game, he just started bragging about his work.

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 9:34 am

That's interesting, though I'd rather see it set in Boston than Philadelphia, the institute is something that I really would like to know more about.

Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 This_is_useless_star_wars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Theories   Fallout 4 Theories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Theories

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next