Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
________________

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?
LEGION
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
NCR
54%
 54% [ 44 ]
ROBERT HOUSE
16%
 16% [ 13 ]
YES MAN
25%
 25% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 82
 

AuthorMessage
pizzamonster94



Posts : 893
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 22
Location : Torino, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:22 am

@DVAted wrote:
I've also disagreed with the order to destroy the B.O.S. but that was due to Obsidian's lazyiness and incompetency. There was a cut alternative option of saving/sparing the B.O.S. with House support and there are some mods that have restored that option fully. SO knowing that, I vote Mr. House.

It's wrong to label Mr. House as evil.
Did you even pick apart his arguments and actions?

First thing in his favor is that he saved my ass. He didn't need to do that. Really. My head had a new hole in it. I don't recall a single other Fallout 3 or NV character or faction to pull me out of my grave and put so much faith in me to fulfill their life-long dream.

Second thing is that he doesn't consider me a mercenary. I quote:
"I'm not offering you an incentive as crude as money - though there'll be plenty of that. What I'm offering you is a ground-floor opportunity in the most important enterprise on Earth. What I'm offering is a future - for you, and for what remains of the human race."

Just check out that vocabulary and demeanor! He's impeccable!

He's a visionary, he's a hopeful dreamer who got off his proverbial ass and actually does something for the future, not for the present. He sees and works for more than merely survival or control, he fights for progression, evolution, advancement; in his own words:
"Give me 20 years and I'll reignite the high technology development sectors. 50 years and I'll have people in orbit."

Those are his goals! Not territory control. Not being the ruler of the land.
Not invading other places. He's working for the people, for the human race:

That was what really changed my mind about him.

As for the popular choice, NCR, I finished my first play-through with them, but I'm not sure about my current run. I mean, I may follow the Dam battle with NCR after all, I wouldn't want to kill them all and they're clearly a better choice than the Legion. House could use their firepower against Caesar. But my loyalty lies with House. I think he should make the decisions.

I see corrupt governments every day everywhere. They're a plague to the human race.
It's a warfare based regime. Look at USA:
 
Did you know oil lobbyist persuaded the US Gov. to kill the electric car industry for over a century? Well we all know the US Gov. bailed out the corrupt bankers and put hundreds of thousands of people out of their homes, on their asses, bankrupt. Even as far back as the 1100's when the Arab society was seeing an immense intellectual and scientific uprising, "the powers that be" claimed math books are the work of the devil and that halted their progress by even a millennium and it's still ongoing. That's exactly what NCR promises. The rich corrupt interests safely guarded while the greater good is stomped on. They already would back the casino tribe's interests against that of House and you know this. It's already started!

What really caught my loyalty to the House is when he said:
"If you want to see the fate of democracies, look out the windows."
I did, I actually walked up to the windows of his penthouse and looked out. I was horrified. The quote "War, War Never Changes" struck me!
Anything that was still standing was because Robert Edwin House took out 68 of the 77 nuclear warheads heading for the city. Everything that was broken as far as I could see and beyond, all across the globe, was because of the divisive politics of the old world leaders, politics that NCR and the Legion still sustain.

Politicians will always be dirty, lying, hypocritical assholes. Put one in jail, 3 more rise up to take his place, his connections, his "benefits", his power and influence, and they almost always use it for personal gain rather than for the good of the people. And the young ones learn the crooked ropes really fucking fast, and they go further than their predecessors. I have worked with lawyers, prosecutors, judges, lawmakers, politicians, mayors. The righteous ones are opposed by the crooked system and removed if they don't mend. The ones that cede once, will always do it again, once their character breaks its shell and gets infected they have nothing stopping them from failing his or her own principles and values again and again and again, be it for self-interest, political/party interest, greed, blackmail or simple misguidance, with complete disregard to what's right to do.

They'll always get rich off of the poor and the sickly, off of the addicts and the meek, through dishonesty and mass manipulation. There are good people in NCR, of course, but then again there were some excellent gentlemen as Nazi officers and colonels in World War II, who were just following orders or those who have had nothing to do with the camps and gassing innocents.

At its core NCR is based on a divisive system, keeping the poor at the bottom and making the rich even richer, way above and beyond the purpose of law, promoting their ranks solely on namesake and affiliation rather than merit. Just like the B.O.S. they don't give a shit about collateral damage and "outsiders".

In relation to the Fiends or Great Khans, how are the NCR any different than the Enclave? I'll tell you how: they're weaker in numbers, technology and leadership coordination. I'm not saying I would ever side with the Enclave, but at least they didn't stretch so far as to condemn entire squadrons of their own men and entire towns (like in Nelson, Searchlight and Nipton) because of lack of manpower and equipment. They were more humane and intelligent than that.

One man can make a difference: one man with knowledge that stretches 261 years, with a scientific mind (father of RobCo Industries), with natural leadership (he's built the most successful corporation in his name and civilized the casino tribes), with an undenying genius in technology and economy and sheer force of will (he's looked 200 years for the platinum chip and never gave up on it).

And he's not a dictator figure. He doesn't care if people worship him. It's not his face on the Securitron's displays. He doesn't call in people to kneel before him and pray to him and praise him. He stays in all alone and watches patiently from above. He'd rather have the courier take all the glory and get all the praise. He just wants to put people back in their own homes, in schools and engineering colleges, in factories and on the moon.

The others don't impress me half as much as Mr. House does. Based on his own words:
"To your untrained eyes, it may look as though mankind is making a comeback. In the NCR, you have something that resembles a nation state. Savage as it is, in Caesar's Legion, you have an organized society. But neither of these offer a future. They're regurgitations of the past."
And they only lead to more war.

If you take Mr. House out of his stasis chamber, he will ask you why you have ruined his plans and he will react differently depending on what you tell him:
- If you say you did it in the name of the NCR, he will belittle them and call you a "sad, misguided whore"
- If you tell him you are acting on behalf of Caesar, he will be horrified that slavery is humanity's future.
- If you say you did it for Yes Man, he will tell you your "vanity project" is doomed for failure.
- If you say it was just business, he will retort by saying that you should have worked for him for personal gain.
- Finally, if you say you did it just because you didn't like him, he will call you a fool for letting your feelings about him jeopardize humanity's future.

I never killed him, but I took that from his wikia page.

I feel that although he praises "dispassionate calculation" to reach success, a lot of his motivation is in the love for and faith in mankind. He's seen the horrors and managed the damage and he still believes people are worth saving, that they're smart enough to handle new technology and that under his leadership he'll prevent them from using it against each other.

Age and information brings wisdom, and though a lot of Ghouls have rotted their memories along with parts of their brain, his genial brain capacity is ever more extended through the use of his computers.

His obituary said:
"Lost forever is his bounty of knowledge concerning human longevity, the depth and breadth of which could, as he was apt to say, <fill several text books>. He was not exaggerating."

I think he really follows the goals of the DC Brotherhood of Steel of fighting the Good Fight, and when he seems like he's ready to kill anyone opposing him he's no different than the Knights were, all suited up and ready to battle. But he picked up the savages from the streets and gave them enterprises to run. That's the most important principle current politicians and those of NCR are forgetting - it's not about your own well-being, it's about the current and future generation's well-being.

Also I'd like to think I'll bring even more humanity to his method if I remain loyal to him.
Independently I wouldn't be able to manage what he does. By his side I could steer him away from unnecessary violence and "dispassionate calculations" that could bring possible negative outcomes, and I will appeal to his reason and intelligence, not to his greed or mercy. He would never cast out a good well formed argument without a better counter-argument and superior calculation. And he's not above appreciating humanity and compassion.

Yes, I lobby for Mr. House because not enough of you took the time to hear him out and envision his side of the story. Because you'd rather settle for what you know, although it's utterly broken, than to take into account the risks and rewards of an intelligent, capable, incorruptible mind set on not only ensuring the future, but making it better and brighter than before.


Essentially Mr House didn't save our ass because he was generous...he did it just because needed something from us:
Remember that the Courier has a personal vendetta against Benny and is ultra-determinate to hunt him down and have back what was stolen,the Platinum Chip which Mr House Needed for his plan of unlocking the full power of his army.
Why should he pick up someone else than a guy like the Courier, who either travelled all the Mojave Wasteland, slain countless people and made contacr with all the major factions, so they can be convinced not to piss of House to get the Job Done?
He saved our ass just because we had the most important thing he needed, period.

Secondly, he offered a position in his society because he knew he could trust us,i think he give the courier the job to communicate with other factions (BOS, Khans, Boomers etc etc), but only He will rule, like a sort of dictatorship with also a kind of oppressive police force (the Securitrons).

His demeanor and vocabulary derivates from the fact he is from the Old World and as such his goals are the same as every inventor and technological Genius (he IS a technological Genius according to the records): Progress for Humanity, it's logical that he wants to achieve it now that he has the means.

But this shall not exclude personal freedom!

What can be indeed a Utopia can easily become a Dystopia and siding with Mr House can very well end like that: A Dystopan City where everyone lives under thye oppression.

But also the No Gods No Masters ending is equally bad because yeah the Courier is Ruler and no other factions is in control..but either the same risks of above are present or new Vegas Plunges in total Anarchic Chaos.

NCR are essentially ok...until the point theyforce all other people to live to their customs, however this is how most governments go nowadays and all land they conquer becomes part of their own and...as such... people in it shall live as NCR citizens.

Legion is a mistery...it is actually bad butit's not enoughfleshed out...maybe they are more of warriors society and, as such, some of their aggressive behavior is explained...too bad the game itself is not enough explored.

I think that, either way the game ends, it's not really a good one and people shall really judge by their motivation and, as such, it's REALLY subjective.



@DVAted wrote:

If you take Mr. House out of his stasis chamber, he will ask you why you have ruined his plans and he will react differently depending on what you tell him:
- If you say you did it in the name of the NCR, he will belittle them and call you a "sad, misguided whore"
- If you tell him you are acting on behalf of Caesar, he will be horrified that slavery is humanity's future.
- If you say you did it for Yes Man, he will tell you your "vanity project" is doomed for failure.
- If you say it was just business, he will retort by saying that you should have worked for him for personal gain.
- Finally, if you say you did it just because you didn't like him, he will call you a fool for letting your feelings about him jeopardize humanity's future.
 

i think that judging people from their words may be a little...naive, what if he says the "future of Humanity part" just to manipulate you? He is more than 200 years old, he knows how the world goes much better than you, who knows if he was bullshitting you?
I pedrsonally don't trust Mr House.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DVAted



Posts : 5032
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 28
Location : Midflight

Character sheet
Name: Archer Shepard
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 54

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm

not sure it was necessary to quote my entire post, but good post on your part. glad to have read that, although I disagree with it almost entirely.

@pizzamonster94 wrote:
Essentially Mr House didn't save our ass because he was generous...he did it just because needed something from us:
Remember that the Courier has a personal vendetta against Benny and is ultra-determinate to hunt him down and have back what was stolen,the Platinum Chip which Mr House Needed for his plan of unlocking the full power of his army.
Why should he pick up someone else than a guy like the Courier, who either travelled all the Mojave Wasteland, slain countless people and made contacr with all the major factions, so they can be convinced not to piss of House to get the Job Done?
He saved our ass just because we had the most important thing he needed, period.
Come on, there were a thousand other people he could've hired, none of whom suffered from long-term amnesia and had to be taught to hold a varmint rifle by a girl called Sunny behind a bar in a village on the other side of the state.
House had hired 5 other couriers besides you, and he could hire 100 more after you as well. Why would he put so much faith in a Courier anyway? Couldn't he go to a veteran ranger who already has the equipment to deal with the biggest deathclaw? Or to a ruthless mercenary who wouldn't ask where the money came from? Or an ex-Enclave officer who's been through hell and back on the warfront? Or to a skilled thief who could spare his/her bullets for efficient stealth and stealing? Or a faction leader who can dispatch his cronies to be able to spread out resources and man-power more efficiently?
He didn't "NEED" you, he just chose to invest in you, risking it all on the fact that you were of better character than that weasel Benny. He hoped your impulse for revenge will get you moving, sure, but it wasn't the only factor. In my opinion, he clearly could've gone for any other gun-nut with a sense of ambition or greed. He could've discarded you after you retrieved the chip, but he sent you on all those other missions as well. He appealed to your ambition more than to your greed, though, and he trusted you with all of his plans and that earned him my respect. I like being someone's right hand as long as he's competent to lead. I'm sure you'll agree that, if nothing else, Mr. House is competent.


@pizzamonster94 wrote:
Secondly, he offered a position in his society because he knew he could trust us,i think he give the courier the job to communicate with other factions (BOS, Khans, Boomers etc etc), but only He will rule, like a sort of dictatorship with also a kind of oppressive police force (the Securitrons).
Right, cause that's what he did on the strip. He ruled the families with an iron fist and made them obey him.You may think what you want but I don't see him as a power-mongering insecure ego-maniacal idiot. He's already achieved greatness during his natural lifetime. His only current stimulants seem to be those of ensuring progress, not assuming control. And when those opposing progress threaten, he can defend his people.

@pizzamonster94 wrote:
But this shall not exclude personal freedom!

Oh, you mean the freedom USA citizens have? With NSA scanning everything you do?
pff he can't be bothered with what people do in their free time. Actually he's looking to secure people's freedom from slavery and taxes.
You must've missed the part where he mentioned he has no interest in a dictatorship:


@DVAted wrote:
Not a Dictator:
 

Couldn't he kill Benny by invading Gommorrah with about 10-15 Securitrons?
He didn't because he didn't want to impose by force. He doesn't want to rule in fear, to terrorize those living "under his roof" (in a manner of speaking). He's not a brutal individual, and he's not careless either.



@pizzamonster94 wrote:
What can be indeed a Utopia can easily become a Dystopia and siding with Mr House can very well end like that: A Dystopan City where everyone lives under thye oppression.
I see you're not someone who trusts someone else by his word. So let's look at his history and his current needs: Does House need money?
No, because if he needed money he wouldn't have shut down the Lucky 38. He basically tells you "Money is not an issue, you will be rewarded with all the riches you could imagine working for me"
He has everything he needs for himself in that tower (except the snowglobes TongueTril but those are cute). Lucky 38 is his Headquarters now, and he's spent centuries gathering the resources to promote the next generation to the stars.

Does he get any pleasure or advantage from controlling people?
if he wanted to control people he wouldn't let the Strip go free with vices.
if he really controlled people they wouldn't call him "not-at-home", but rather "the-overseer", "commander in chief", "the head of state". That's dictatorship! House doesn't even have a title. He's not CEO over the strip. He's not Emperor like Caesar, or President like Kimball. He's just owner of the Lucky 38 (which is empty btw) and protector and founder of New Vegas.

Even back when he was CEO, his RobCo employees weren't working in sweatshops, they weren't slaves. They were well paid employees with possibilities to advance their careers, to be promoted.

He's not gonna impose concentration camps and send people to gas chambers by the thousands. He's gonna create jobs and an on-going industry again. He'll still allow all the gambling, prostitution, luxury restaurants (without the cannibalism), the provincial villages, the farming... he'll encourage the farming to feed the people. But he'll also promote professional development, education and technology.

It's not gonna be a utopia either. It'll require a lot of hard work, a lot of rebuilding and a lot of people getting involved, but they'll all be rewarded fairly and handsomely. It's possible with an incorruptible leader. With the decisions being made by someone who spends his money on the people and doesn't steal from them, because he has no other uses for his money than to enhance the horizon of mankind. Someone who doesn't receive bribes because there's nothing that he can be bribed with. With someone who doesn't use his power for his children or his favorites to get ahead in life (like most world leaders do) but someone who promotes intelligence and ambition.

@pizzamonster94 wrote:
NCR are essentially ok...until the point theyforce all other people to live to their customs, however this is how most governments go nowadays and all land they conquer becomes part of their own and...as such... people in it shall live as NCR citizens.

Wrong! NCR are essentially corrupt.

Do you think House can be bought or corrupted to side with a faction or an interest group that acts against the general interest?
The NCR officials can, they've proven it. That's lore. Brahmin barons and all that...
House has no interest in anything other than his intellectual goals, his scientific achievements and the progress of humanity. That's what makes him tick. That's what motivates his continued existence.

Most governments nowadays are corrupt. Just last month my government was gladly announcing that due to a certain party's persistance, the taxes to oil were reduced by 3%. Yay! Right? They're helping the people's interest... they failed to mention that the same party increased the taxes by 15% just 2 weeks before. That didn't get any news airtime, but it happened. The documents are there. 12% price increase and they come off as heroes. You see how far the corruption goes? They've corrupted the news stations too? Free press? HA! Fair public-interest promoting government? HA!


@pizzamonster94 wrote:
His demeanor and vocabulary derives from the fact he is from the Old World and as such his goals are the same as every inventor and technological Genius (he IS a technological Genius according to the records): Progress for Humanity, it's logical that he wants to achieve it now that he has the means.

Exactly!
The scientists didn't start the war, politicians did. They took fusion technology crafted for providing energy to the cities and used it to power bombs instead.
House was not involved in politics. He didn't build offensive missile silos, but he armed himself with defense rockets. He used them quite successfully too, saved thousands of lives.
And you're telling me you're willing to give the power back to warring politicians, instead of a visionary scientist? Shame on you all.

And if you think everything House said is a lie, judge him by his actions.
And then apply the same logic to the NCR. Why wouldn't everything they say be a lie? You already know it is.

I choose to believe at least half of what he said. I may be manipulated, but my conscience is clean. His reasons, as were presented, were true to my way of thinking and acting. His goals were my own.

"Give me 20 years and I'll reignite the high technology development sectors. 50 years and I'll have people in orbit. 100 years, and my colony ships will be heading for the stars, to search for planets unpolluted by the wrath and folly of a bygone generation"
If you distrust that, there's really no point in dialogue or character development in this game for you. You may well say you think Boone said what he did about his wife because he was manipulating you, that he was lying about the Bitter Springs massacre, that he actually enjoyed murdering the khan children and women despite NCR orders to stand down. Maybe he just lied to you, right? It's all relative

Worse comes to worst, if House turns evil you unplug him. Bam! Solved. But it's immoral and anti-progressive to not give him a chance to reach the stars. To maintain humanity in the filthy capitalist corruption who'd spend a million times more resources on war than on education.

But if NCR turns evil, how will you mass-murder the entire government? How will you settle the anarchy and chaos ensuing from Yes Man's way of ending the game? How will you bring down Caesar's slavery regime on your own when you realize how foul it is?

_________________
Promotions (For Full Access) Rules - F.A.Q. PSA - Posting Links

Click here for official GUNetwork Facebook page and submit your best Screenshots!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pizzamonster94



Posts : 893
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 22
Location : Torino, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:46 pm

First of All, as you may have already read i think ALL factions have their bad side...so what you said aout NCR are superfluous because i already scrapped the idea. Wink

Second of all...all i have typed down wewre my first impressions of the story as a player who saw for the first time the events of the game, you know, the first impact i had.


The personal freedom thing...i picked it up from the ending...it said so at some point, that the securitrons were kinda oppressive, all i am picking is analyzing the endings i got, i am no USA Supporter and i think they do bullshit too, but the few informations i got led me to get to the conclusion i said before.

The main reason i didn't side with House was that (as i said) i cannot trust him...i mean...he can very easily say that he wants the best for humanity and all...but since the wasteland itself is a place where you can trust essentially no one and the game threw me into the middle of the chaos without the proper introduction to all sides (and i never played the first fallout games) i found the choice problematic, and i found this 200 years old man who i never heard of and who wants a giant robot army with apocalyptic firepower and can be activate all together with ease...you know...it just does not give me the best impression.

I also said that NCR is ok, i meant that it's just like any other government and has less potential to be an abomination according to the clues i have: i mean, i don't think they'll enslave and murder everyone like the Legion or use an army of Super-powered robots at will...at least not right away.

MAybe you are right about House, but i do not trust him straight away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alixen



Posts : 269
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:07 pm

DVAted... are you me?

Or in less exaggerated words, spot on, in my opinion. All I can add is that I really feel his saving you, and you having to kill him (in either the long or short term) is one of the biggest issues you raise, on a personal level. Outside of bad karma characters, what does it say about your character to kill the man who saved you? To claim the chip, or give it to another, when the receipt clearly states you took the job to return it to House?

Is it even possible to 'spare' House in the other paths? It's been a while since I tried them. And I don't consider leaving him hanging, or unable to interact with anything while he slowly expires, 'sparing'. TongueTril

I find the polls current status as sadly telling, with House in 3rd after NCR, and the Courier who is basically attempting a poor mans copy of his plan. By making the House route require you to stop and really listen to what he is saying, to look at the situation and events, and make some tough choices, they made it undesirable for many people who simply look at the surface. "Wow, NCR Rangers! Cool!! Awesome! Nostalgia! Their government is like my government, so they are the good guys! House is just a despot, like every other new 'despot' that isn't bending to our government that CNN tells me about."  Crying or Very sad 

pizzamonster94: Oh, for sure, I think the NCR will collapse rather than turn into something horrific, first. It's the aftermath, where everyone in power tries to grab their slice of NCR territory with what force of arms they have. The NCR will effectively return to what it was in FO1, but with 'warlords' running around. But with an NCR victory you are either slowing that, or with a House victory forcing them to go home (and not empty handed, as they still get power, they simply have to pay for it) and 'rethink their policies'. Kimble and the Generals will be the face of everything wrong with the Republic, and good may come of it I choose to side with House because I like and have hope for the NCR. But its ever expanding borders (beyond what it had protect and provide for) is going to be its death. You halt that by choosing House. Just part of my reasoning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pizzamonster94



Posts : 893
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 22
Location : Torino, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:52 pm

i am not talking good about NCR i said Wink
To me, when i played the first time, NCR was essentially a new government that wants New Vegas and that's all ( don't know about the lore because i only played New Vegas) and, as such, the NCR seemed the better option because...you know, as i said before between a faction of Racist Slavers (Legion)led by a cunning man  (Caesar, if i read well, is kind of a cunning man...never met him though i Always killed him straight away) one of pure Anarchy (Yes Man) and a guy who Creeps the Hell out of me (House) at the time the NCR seemed the good choice because...well...they seemed like the nowadays governments who were voted by its citizens and since Kimball was already hated it seemed to be able to redeem.itself somehow so it seemed the lesser bad.
However DVated showed me some ideas about Robert House i may have missed so the Idea of House ruling New Vegas can be quite a better option , however we don't get to see how it will be.
In my first playthrough i mostly acted according on my impressions the different factions gave me, that's all i could do because i missed two thirds of the fallout's Western Wasteland Story so far
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alixen



Posts : 269
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Oh, of course, the post was only half directed at you. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pizzamonster94



Posts : 893
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 22
Location : Torino, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:29 pm

@Alixen wrote:
Oh, of course, the post was only half directed at you. Smile

well, actually you are right as it was stated by half of the NCR army at the mojave ( so they actually admit it ), the NCR can't withstand all the territories it's getting with its policy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkPancake



Posts : 30
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : High Charity

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Yes Man ofc, but I wished that the legion quests weren't as cut as much as they are now. Then I would definitely choose for the legion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pizzamonster94



Posts : 893
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 22
Location : Torino, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:36 pm

@DarkPancake: can you tell me why you do? i mean, the Legion is extremely underdeveloped and i wish to know your point of view

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tht1Knight



Posts : 124
Join date : 2014-06-13
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Yes Man the best man. 10/10 would beat FNV again with Yes Man. But I do want to know what doing the legion quest feels like TongueTril
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pizzamonster94



Posts : 893
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 22
Location : Torino, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:48 pm

What's so special about Yes Man?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XRhino



Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 18
Location : Vault 111

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:52 pm

I beat the game with the NCR most of the time because i just think its the best fraction to pick in all Nevada because i hate the Legion and Well, Yes Man and his quest taking over vegas seems a little greedy to me Very Happy

_________________
Herro!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPM3vCWoP4J7otGcGgnkEEA
Kozak461



Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:39 am

ive only finished with yes man and NCR i havent done the legion or house caus they seem like jerks haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xxshadow1918xX



Posts : 179
Join date : 2014-06-18
Age : 22
Location : SF

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:46 am

I've beat fallout with all except legion every time I try to do it ends up bugged and unplayable

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:54 pm

My dilemma lied with yes man or NCR. I automatically discarded Caesar's legions and Robert. Both are egomaniacs, and I'd never serve any cause or purpose led by such blatant sociopaths. Yes man's a bit enigmatic. Despite all the initial amusements, I've always been suspicious of Yes man. NCR was the only faction I was keen to serve because of my past history with them in the other games. Ehh... well it doesn't help that the General in the NCR was very similar to the real-life General MacArthur.
Back to top Go down
Cotonball



Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-07-03
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Besides when I went for the achievements for choosing the others sides, I always stick with Yes Man. I always think that having an independent Vegas is the best option. NCR was my first choice though, until I realized that they were mostly corrupt and didn't want what was best for Vegas. Siding with Caesar leads to a harsh but livable Vegas, but I just could never seriously do a play through with them because I despise everything they stand for. House is not with the times anymore and won't adapt Vegas into the modern world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OverTheTop123



Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-09
Age : 20
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:46 am

I usually always go the Yes Man route, unless there's achievements I need to scrape up. It's so much more engaging to do it all on your own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackrose



Posts : 113
Join date : 2014-07-01
Location : In a Galaxy far, far away....

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:25 pm

My opinion on the matter is this:
The NCR is the best option because you can have alliance with The Brotherhood of Steel and the Great Khans. I think that since the NCR did terrible things to both BOS and The Great Khans the best way to repay them is by allying with both of them against Caeser. And most of the greatest characters in that game are the NCR.
Caesars Legion Is just out of control, I hate how they're sexist (considering i play as a female 100% of the time) I hate how most of their soldiers are just mindless brutal soldiers, I hate enslavement and so on.
Mr. House I think is the 2nd best option. He has more control over his securitrons than yes-man, he is a good man, he said that he has "great plans for vegas" and i have hopes for him. Tho i hate that you have to destroy the BOS, if it weren't for a mod I would just always go with the NCR just because of that one reason.
And Finally, Yes Man. Yes Man's Ending I feel is a bit selfish you kill the Legion, you kill House, you kick/kill the NCR out of vegas just so it can be independent. I think their would be more crime in Vegas with the independent ending. And i absolutely hate how Yes Man says hes going to upgrade him self to be more assertive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devinfallout



Posts : 261
Join date : 2014-05-09
Age : 14
Location : Cuckoo's Nest Remains

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:02 am

Usually NCR or Yes Man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zehflea



Posts : 184
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 21
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 am

I beat New Vegas with Mr. House simply because he has the brainpower to get humanity going back to being "modern." I don't ever side with the Legion simply because I believe that it would be a step backwards in progress. They would also terrorize the locals and nothing would stop them.

Second choice for me would be NCR because even though there is corruption in the ranks they still have a better chance to be civilized than Legion.

As for Yes Man, I would never go with that option except for maybe achievements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Today at 11:13 pm

Back to top Go down
 

Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?
» Fallout New Vegas Mods
» (SOLVED) Visual C++ runtime error, not letting me play Fallout New Vegas
» 1st-person or 3rd-person view in Fallout New Vegas?
» Fallout new vegas 4GB not working?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-