Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse vault upgrades dead FCOM hunk Reforged marvel space ghoul boom khan machine riot Superpele wolfenstein Call commonwealth mandalorian daryl body Mask boomers Gear money NPCs
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LEGION
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
NCR
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap53%Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 44 ]
ROBERT HOUSE
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap16%Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 13 ]
YES MAN
Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap26%Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 83

AuthorMessage
Mr Turtle Wax

Mr Turtle Wax

Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 4:31 am

I also played as NCR, the Caesar's Legion and for a couple years only did those two playthrough's. A couple months ago i did the Mr House playthrough

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 8:25 am

I've always taken the NCR or Independent/Anarchy/Yes Man route. Does anybody think the Legion should of been fleshed out more? Shame about the time limits Obsidian had, based off reasons above I think that the Legion are a great faction and are extremely powerful but not in game sadly. Does anyone else think that all of the events in the game should of pointed to a legion sided victory at the Dam?
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 1:59 pm

the real thing i am very pissed about is the impossibility to keep on playing after the story like all the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout 3.

trooperjess

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 2:18 pm

I played for independence in my first play thought. I found that after so much trouble you just left NV and moved on. Well it is just crap. If you help the NCR you move on. Which to me make more cents because after they take over you have little left to do. Plus they are able to get rid of most raider and thugs. Also I found the I respected most of the NCR soldiers. It not they fault at they are there. So is why I help them.Plus you get to kill house and Caesar.

Accelerator

Character sheet
Name: Accelerator
Faction: Independent
Level: 6

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:58 pm

[quote="pizzamonster94"]the real thing i am very pissed about is the impossibility to keep on playing after the story like all the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout 3.[/quote]

On Fallout 3 you can continue to play at the end by buying the DLC called Broken Steel, it continues the game after the end.
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:11 am

but at least the it was a cghoice made sooner or later by the developers...in new vegas we needed a mod otherwise there was no after-ending Sad

Accelerator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:20 am

I guess you are right, speaking of which that was my first post on this site so sorry if I screwed up somewhere, I was pretty sure I did mess up by quoting you. :p
Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:48 am

Lack of an after-ending play probably came down to the same thing that cut the companion romances (damn it!), Legion content (such as the very orderly and happy settlement they were supposed to have, across the river. The land is still there if you TLC), and other content... lack of time and polish. It would require entire alternate 'situations' for whole settlements, including the Strip. Try and picture it post-Legion ending.

Plus, i always thought New Vegas (the city) was badly handled. We are coming fresh out of the DC ruins that take up around a third of the world map, and probably the majority of 'interior' cells in the game... and Vegas is around six cells, and the major section of it is one street. It felt tiny. It wouldn't have been so bad if House hadn't supposedly saved the majority of it.
Back to top Go down
Accelerator

Accelerator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:53 am

Seemed like House did all he could to keep the portion of Vegas he cared about safe which was not even a fraction of Vegas today although if the Legion won Hoover Dam I am pretty sure they would torch Gomorrah as well as the rest of Vegas along with it so I guess that's why they didn't want to take the time to basically redo the whole map.
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 2:04 pm

well i think New Vegas is too...tiny and underdeveloped as a location...it absolutely needs more.
Luckily enough there are some New Vegas expansion mods to fix it...

Accelerator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:43 pm

It's kindof sad and disappointing that the community has to finish the game instead of the people who were actually supposed to make it.

"Someone that kills if given a reason, is definitely not a hero." - Accelerator
Back to top Go down
Tht1Knight

Tht1Knight

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:15 am

Play with the NCR until they coop with BOS, then it's a free Vegas all the way to the end. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nyaalich

nyaalich

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:28 pm

My faction is the Followers of the Apocalypse. What's best for them? Clearly an Independent Vegas. Oh wait, except that the NCR ending is supposed to be best for them.  scratch I have a cadre of beefed up Securitrons to do my bidding. Julie and Arcade and I are bros for life. I shall have their backs no matter what. Additionally, having access to Big MT should allow for even more robotic reinforcements.

Embrace your new robotic overlords, New Vegas.  Very Happy 

Naive? Bound to be challenged by another "courier?" Of course.
Back to top Go down
nyaalich

nyaalich

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Completely forgot to mention Legion.  Whoops.

I've never done/completed a Legion playthrough.  I've only gotten as far as turning in NCR dog tags and spreading word about Nipton.  This is for the same reasons others have mentioned: slavery and the treatment of women.  Legion was supposed to be fleshed out more, and what I heard (although I haven't seen the source myself) was that there was supposed to be some council of women that Caesar consulted with or something like that.

Because I'm missing out on whatever percentage of the game that a Legion run is, I found some mods that make them slightly more palatable.  There's one on the Nexus that changes maybe half of the unnamed soldiers to women.  One of the versions of the mod also lets you fight in the arena if you're a woman.  The mod is unvoiced, which is a bit disappointing.  There's also a mod that stops them from insulting you if you have neutral or better rep with them.

Are there male slaves shown in the Legion?  I can't remember now.  Lore-wise, I know that there are, but I'm talking about what you actually see in game.  I only remember the women with the ridiculously over-sized backpacks.

EDIT: The NCR Sharecroppers seem little better than slaves. They've got the fence and the protection of NCR soldiers, but the fence seems a little prison like. Those tents aren't especially awesome either, although I suppose that it's better than no roof.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Well, someguy2000 adds male suicide slaves in his quest mod, which I thought was both interesting and awesome. I do feel like males are also technically slaves as well.

I think NCR at least somewhat reasonable. They won't crucify people or necessary enslave females. They are however, and obviously would do anything to advance their interests.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
nyaalich

nyaalich

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Interesting. I haven't gone through all of someguy2000's series. I know that some soldiers start out as slaves until they prove that they're fit for training. Of course, I believe that all conquered tribals are slaves first, but I could be wrong about that.

NCR are reasonable but self-serving. The impression that I get is that they've already got the 99%/1% thing going on.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:02 pm

I still think someguy2000's series are far superior than any other quest mods. Now I know that Beyond Boulder Dome, Rockwell, and Project Brazil probably was 1000x more harder to make, but one thing he does right is the story and the speech options. His story is a lot more interesting in my opinion. I played through his quests multiple times but could not play the other quest mods as much. Take for example, the christmas mod... story was okay but not too crazy in the fun area. And also... I think grammar mistakes really bother me lol.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
nyaalich

nyaalich

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:10 pm

I don't remember lots of grammar issues with Christmas, but I didn't get to finishing it (around Christmas) because of some bug. Story/dialogue = 1000%. Go to a place and kill things for no reason? Meh. Give me a reason and...even better...give me reason and/or ability to consider joining the other side/not killing them? Epic bonus. Of course, then I feel conflicted.  Wink  Heh. I bring it on myself.
Back to top Go down
Nesquik1918

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:18 am

No matter how much I try to do things differently, I can never help but side with the NCR. I can never side with the Legion, basically because they take slaves.. Oh and they're massive pricks. I hate Mr. House 'cause he's got his full of himself attitude. Which leaves me with NCR or Yes Man. But for whatever reason I always end up siding with the NCR, and never bother with Yes Man for no particular reason. I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that I can identify somewhat to them... and they seem to be trying to achieve "the greater good" for ALL the people in the Mojave... Sure, they have their faults... but IMO they are the lesser of 3 evils.
Back to top Go down
XIMGOIX

XIMGOIX

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:41 am

DVAted you have changed my whole perspective on how I view Mr. House. I was gonna side with the NCR, but after reading your post, F*CK EM!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with?   Who do you beat Fallout new vegas with? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next