Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call Ryse money ghoul FCOM Mask machine boom vault space boomers body daryl Gear commonwealth NPCs khan riot hunk dead upgrades Superpele Reforged marvel mandalorian wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 5:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 8:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 3:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 3:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 3:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 am

» Late Introduction
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:29 am

» Greetings!
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:50 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:01 am

» hi i'm new person
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:37 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
damcall

damcall

What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:10 pm

EpicHusky wrote:
I enjoy MMOs like Star Trek Online, but the ideal for fallout would an optional 2 player CO-OP mode.

Star Trek was fun. I loved the battles in space,and the planet hopping quest were cool. I only wish they had better customization for your character.

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:19 pm

damcall wrote:
I think it would be really cool to have a game like fallout as a MMORPG. The game would appeal to role player's and pvper's, with all the different factions competing for dominance in the waste. Besides who wouldn't want to travel the wasteland with your best bud's from GUN.

In theory it might look good however Bethesda can't get the main game working correctly and I fear that they will have many problems with the MMORPG. Now if they create a different game and sell it using fallout assets and story line.. Maybe. However I would be against it for F04 and not until F04 was released. I would prefer that the focus on fixing bugs, giving deeper meaningful roll playing and larger more engaging world than an MMORPG.

We all can join up with other MMORPG's and have fun until then.. Wink.

nickrica

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:32 pm

ritualclarity wrote:
damcall wrote:
I think it would be really cool to have a game like fallout as a MMORPG. The game would appeal to role player's and pvper's, with all the different factions competing for dominance in the waste. Besides who wouldn't want to travel the wasteland with your best bud's from GUN.

In theory it might look good however Bethesda can't get the main game working correctly and I fear that they will have many problems with the MMORPG. Now if they create a different game and sell it using fallout assets and story line.. Maybe. However I would be against it for F04 and not until F04 was released. I would prefer that the focus on fixing bugs, giving deeper meaningful roll playing and larger more engaging world than an MMORPG.

yeah i agree with you on that, i think the focus should be on a really amazing single player. i know it wasnt technically bethesda, but there was so much that got cut from new vegas, and while it was still an amazing game, it just goes to show that they already got their hands full trying to get the singleplayer game done with the limited time they have.

that being said if another team did it so as not to take away from the singleplayer games, that would be cool. it would be really interesting to be roaming the wasteland not knowing if someone you run across will simply kill you and take your stuff, lol.
Back to top Go down
damcall

damcall

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:33 pm

ritualclarity wrote:
damcall wrote:

I absolutely want Bethesda to start or finish, whatever they are doing to get fallout 4 to us. Like I said earlier , I do not wish Fallout 4 to be a MMORPG. Perhaps, like you mention it could be a side project for a different company.

fhatton7

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:36 pm

I wouldn't like it very much. Especially if you get a large server with alot of people running around. The best part about the wasteland is the emptiness and isolation of it.
Back to top Go down
Just Add Water

Just Add Water

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:18 am

fhatton7 wrote:
I wouldn't like it very much. Especially if you get a large server with alot of people running around. The best part about the wasteland is the emptiness and isolation of it.

what if there is only a central hub like major towns or something and you can join friends lobby and stuff? when you leave the town there will be very little people out there, but there is still people roaming. kinda like the way destiny is set up, but with an open world.

but this dream of mine is crushed when they announced ESO.

FlamingRangers24

FlamingRangers24

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:02 am

I personally think Fallout should be a maximum 16 player, gigantic open world cooperative game instead of it being a mmorpg. Maybe 16 players is to much but hey, the more the merrier, and make sure the world your playing in is unbelievably large.

Back to top Go down
vandenburger

vandenburger

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:17 am

There ultimately a few things that wouldn't work (besides the large number of gibbering children claiming to be BOSS at everything and L33T or whatever else it is they say now)

1. Population. Like flaming stated and I have before Fallout is desolate, sparse, inhospitable and for large peroids lonely. Only if they have phased zones with a maximum of 10-15 players visible in any one location (no one else in interiors) it just wouldn't feel like a true fallout game

2. Death (or lack there of) ESO got around this with a cunning use of Soul Gems. Fallout has nothing like this. There is no advanced tech that could revive you out in the wastes. I cant see a work around for this at all that wouldnt be completely lore breaking. They could introduce a perfected cloning system similar to what SWG had and what Fallen Earth has but to be honest it wouldn't feel right.

3. Crafting/Economy. Big issue. everything is limited people struggle to survive on a daily basis. So you wouldn't be able to head out find an ore vein and make your own stuff easily. Its difficult to be able to say "yes in this world nothing works anymore. Weapons/armor food and water are all very rare. Oh wait here comes Bob, Gavin and Dave fresh out of the tutorial have just spent 3 hours grinding mats and can now make top gear weaponry!" Doesn't work.

4. Free-roaming. Part of the magic of the solo outings for Elder Scrolls and Fallout is the ability to go anywhere at any time. ESO is an example of them losing this in an MMO. Gone is the chance to go "The main quest says I should go here but oooh whats over there?" Without phasing technology unlike anything we have currently seen in an MMO you would fall into the ESO pitfall of having to do this area until level X then move to location Y to level to Z. Magic gone...

The closest you will come to a Fallout MMO will be Fallen Earth and believe me it sucks. For a game that is not that old the graphics suck. Game-play sucks. Animations suck. (all of which bethesda could do alot better I know)

The good things about it are the classless system. Unbelieveably massive world. It is huge very huge.

At launch it had 6 starting locations one for each of the main factions now its down to like 3.

Ultimately MMO Fallout should never happen. A Multiplayer system or atleast 2-3 player system could work. Where you can get together with friends and play through together but that is at the very most as close to MMO territory as it will ever be good enough to do.
Back to top Go down
Alex10006

Alex10006

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:22 am

Three words... Elder Scrolls Online

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:31 am

It was a cool idea back when InterPlay pitched it, but the more I think of it, the more I realize it wouldn't work. It'd be fun to have a two person or three person co-op option similar to Bloodborne, but that's really the only way it wouldn't deprive the wasteland feeling from a wasteland. Call someone for help, any other player that has their multiplayer turned on could respond to the help request, but in a skin of a random wastelander, so it'd be like you actually got help from a wastelander. But, as said before, MMO mechanics would kill the wasteland feeling.
Back to top Go down
radiationnut

radiationnut

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:58 am

I'd love it, but it'd be a watered down experience. At the most a two player game.

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:31 am

If anything I'd rather have 2 player co-op. mmo fallout would ruin the experience imo

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 5:24 am

an MMO pretty much kill the modding / Geck experience cause you wouldnt be able to just add what you wanted everything would be limited like a console version Fallout

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?   What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you all think of a fallout MMORPG?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2