Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Armor marvel wolfenstein khan Superpele Overhaul vault Reforged NPCs ghoul Call commonwealth machine riot daryl Mask body mandalorian Gear boom dead boomers hunk FCOM Ryse money
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Easy way or the Hard way?
Hard way
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 I_vote_lcap81%Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 81% [ 103 ]
Easy way
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 I_vote_lcap19%Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 127

AuthorMessage
bft90679

bft90679

Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Simple: you want it, then earn it. Because this is a world of give-and-take(including in game worlds).
Just just take Doom for an example, if you have a plasma gun and BFG9000 in E1M1, what's the point to keep playing? All the fun and everything the game stands for are gone.
Back to top Go down
noodles1976

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 6:17 pm

For me, it all depends on the reward. If there is a cleverly done mod with a mini-quest/objective with the reward of a player home, small weapon arsenal or multiple armor sets, then it's worth it to work for it. If it's a "Here's a gun...I shoved it in Dead Winds Cavern with a bunch of extra deathclaws spawned to attack you. Good luck (insert stupid emoticon here)" type mod, no thanks. If a mod only adds a single item to the world, I just add it myself to a locker or chest in Goodsprings or Megaton or where ever.

So, to vote in the poll...my hesitant answer would be to work for it. But like I said, it all depends on the risk vs reward.

latenightmagic

latenightmagic

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 6:37 pm

It definitely depends on the reward.

But yes, I'd much rather work for something then have it spoon-fed to me because where is the fun in that? :p

JeKoCZ

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 pm

I'd say the hard way, but it's not that easy either. Just throwing a giant/hard boss in the middle of nowhere or in a small building without any reason and/or explanation is as "bad" as just having them in a crate at the beginning of the game. Modders should try to create something around it like a lore or semi-lore friendly story and/or backstory, few quests, an enviroment and such things. But I know it's not that easy and just the writing part of that "story" can be frustrating to create if you lack of imagination and/or ideas, so I understand why most modders just put a box in the middle of the desert and give them away easily.

I think one of the best examples I can do is Honest Heart's armor/rifle. That small unmarked quest and that very well written backstory sure made the hunt more interesting, with those great (?) rewards at the end.

I like creating and writing my own stories for the mods that don't have them, they make the game more immersive..

https://www.youtube.com/0xXGrOuNdZeRoXx0
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:03 pm

It's been a while since I posted here, so my opinion has slightly changed.

While level-list integration is always a great option, sometimes I find myself wanting a more in-depth choice, and story surrounding the armor/weapons.

Dragbody's mod "The Courier's Cache" demonstrates this flawlessly. With the use of fantastic voice actors and great scripting, he turned a basic armor mod into an acceptable quest mod that, I always download with my New Vegas.

If more Weapon/armor mods could do something similar, that would be fantastic.

Bulldan

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Depends, if it is simple with a somewhat challenging boss, them i'm content.
Back to top Go down
JSev33

JSev33

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Definitely the quest. It makes the item that much more valuable. Some quests aren't that great, but I can always appreciate the effort the modded went through to make the mod an experience rather than just an item.

CapnCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 12:05 am

I prefer the hard way. The easy way just seems so dull and boring. I get way too bored with it that way then want a different mod. I like the satisfaction of working hard for it and finally getting it in the end.

Kihjster

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 4:21 pm

If I start a new game if I like the hard way, but if I'm halfway through the game then I take the easy way.
Back to top Go down
Shardoom

Shardoom

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 4:44 pm

The hard way every time.
My game is really really dark, the mod nvec comes with nightvision but requires no effort to acquire, it's just free.
It's such a huge dilemma whether to use it or not sometimes, however more often than not I don't. Choosing to rely on the pipboy light, flashlight or simply cateye to get by.
Back to top Go down
andythefreezer

andythefreezer

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 1:58 pm

this depends on what kind of mod it is.

Everytime i start a new game and I have weapon mods installed that place the weapon somewhere I have to go on this map wide odyssey to collect all my stuff from all over the mojave.
Or if the equipment is added to a vendor for 10,587 million caps -.-
Thats not really an "easy" way to get the stuff. Its just a "non-fun" way to get stuff.
But on the other side you can't really have a thought out quest for every single piece of equipment.

My favorite way of getting stuff is looting enemies. Kill a bunch of fiends => (maybe) get a weapon as loot.

Back to top Go down
MrMeowMeow

MrMeowMeow

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:03 pm

I always find the hard way to be much better, however I always want at least something from the mod right away.

Gaining things along to way is my preferred style, i find leaving the main part of the mod until the end is pretty annoying, but I'm always satisfied with mods that use vendors for items, makes me feel like I've earned it

OmnisentientEntity

OmnisentientEntity

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 6:13 pm

I prefer getting my equipment the hard way.

It doesn't feel right for me if I get it the easy way, it also depends on if the equipment was worth it in the end.
Back to top Go down
xtheoutcastedx

xtheoutcastedx

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 6:36 pm

It all depends how hard the work is and if it evens out with the reward. If I do three hours of quest for a kitchen knife I won't be pleased. If I do the same amount of work for a great armor then I'll be more than thrilled. The risk must be worth the reward.

Scorpio9

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm

I like to test weapon before I decide to keep it in game, Millenia did this awesome thing where he added extra option of having cabinet full of his weapons, ammo and their mods in Goodsprings.
Back to top Go down
unsavory

unsavory

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 pm

I really enjoy having to work a bit for it, depending on the item in question. If it is something that should be rather common I like it to be integrated into leveled lists. But as many have said, testing the items, especially weapons, can sometimes be essential. Going through a long quest, getting a weapon only to find out it's useless or perhaps doesn't even work properly just sucks.
Back to top Go down
Dead Man

Dead Man

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 pm

In case of a Armor or Weapon mod I would like a mod where you would have to fight throught tons of enemys e.g. some prewar armory packed with raiders, and if its a house or location mod I would rather have puzles to solve an maby little bit of enemys, but I know how mutch pain in the ass a little quest can be so I do not expect every moder to do a quest for every item they add into the game.

If you like a challenge its best to gather some mods and do a quest for them your self so you can choose how deficult it is and what you will get in return.
Back to top Go down
Sahaall

Sahaall

Character sheet
Name: John Doe
Faction: Body Stacker
Level: Not Dead

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm a little on the fence about this, I always get my hands on the weapon as soon as I can to check it out and see what its like for myself but after I've played around with it I want to have to find it hidden somewhere or find parts to make it at a workbench, just kill someone for it or better yet a combination of all three

Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Regist10
Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Fallou10
Back to top Go down
chanze555

chanze555

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 pm

I don't mind as long as where it's placed fits well in the world. I'd rather shoot enemies to get it or find the weapons on a dead prospector instead of having an oddly placed footlocker in the middle of a road.

AlphaCenturion09

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Working to get stuff is better than getting it from Doc Mitchells house

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)   Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you like mods where u have to work for stuff or not? (POLL)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next