Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Halloween Screenshot Contest 2016 ________________

Profile Image Guidelines
October 2016

Share | 

Rockstar banning people using mods.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar banning people using mods.   Fri May 08, 2015 8:39 pm

@raze4573 wrote:
Wolf...after reading what Rockstar did when handling customers and general player populace and how they nerfed almost to 0 or removed some content, I wouldnt believe a word they say/write.
IMHO they lost all credibility, NOW they may not be banning people for mod use but still...
After MY ban is lifted I'm pretty sure I am not playing the story mode or official Online server, I'm waiting for FiveM or GTA:MP Smile

But why not the Story mode? .-.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar banning people using mods.   Fri May 08, 2015 9:41 pm

@jkdsh wrote:
don't want to throw off the balance online

Balance? Ha! They don't want cheaters, people spawning in restricted vehicles, or just giving themselves money when Rockstar is trying to sell in game money, that's what they want. Actual game balance was always laughable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar banning people using mods.   Fri May 08, 2015 11:55 pm

Rockstars number 1 point to not allowing mods online could be so they can keep their shark cards implemented and that people cannot make money out of nothing. Paying for in game cash makes Rockstar money, and with a passive income stream im sure they do not want to lose this incredibly easy money maker.

And if someone can verify for me ( if you would be so kind, as it is 2 in the morning here) , were heist promised as FREE content before the game came out? Or was that a after the release thing? Because perhaps the money used on shark cards is what gets us all these free dlc patches?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral Slyther

Character sheet
Name: Slytheron
Faction: STAG / ADF
Level: ???

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar banning people using mods.   Sat May 09, 2015 12:13 am

Unfortunately, this is another reason why I stopped buying games from Rockstar. I decided not to buy GTA V, I have my reasons because of the bullshit I had to put up with in GTA IV. Guess it was only the Xbox version which was inferior, haha. But yeah, I'm sure mods changed that greatly on the PC.

They were also pulling an update that was supposed to get rid of a few content from GTA San Andreas, ha. Not gonna happen, Steam. Never gonna up my game to date on that one. But I agree on one thing, and that is forbidding the usage of mods or cheats on multiplayer. Can't say I'm a big fan of the multiplayer, you have no control of your own sessions, and if you want someone kicked, you gotta vote and depend on others to kick them for you instead.

My condolences to the poster of this topic that you had to experience this, and I know this is certainly something alot of GTA fans don't want, which is Rockstar taking advantage of their offline play due to some ridiculously remade EULA of theirs. I will at least say they should categorize and separate single player mods and multiplayer altogether then everyone is happy, and won't get banned just because they forgot to turn off their mod, but it only applies in single player and in other means cannot work with multiplayer even if you have it on. But I don't think they're gonna do that. If Rockstar doesn't care what it's fans want, why should I care for their new games? They'll change it constantly until it meets their satisfaction, or the players' satisfaction, I don't really care anymore. I've lost all faith in GTA altogether, GTA IV was the reason I stopped. Because Rockstar became another EA to me in my eyes, I don't think I'll ever find faith in buying their games again...

EDIT: I believe there was a same following of course when it came to Dark Souls, only it had something to do with ENB. I heard people get banned for using it, because the game devs obviously consider that a hack.

Blue is my mercy, orange is my fury...
"If you mess up again, I won't be responsible..." -A famous mobster
You got mil-swatted, bro...

When Putin catches you memeing in Russia...:
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar banning people using mods.   Wed May 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Rockstar actually just recently released a post saying that they are not going to be banning anyone for using single player only mods. They will only be banning people for using mods to cheat online. They said that they actually support mods and the recent patches were not intended to break the single player mods. The rumor that they were banning all mod user for using single player mods is just a rumor and will not actually happen, hopefully lol but don't worry too much about this because it seems as if they will not be banning the use of single player mods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar banning people using mods.   Today at 8:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Rockstar banning people using mods.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3