Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Mon May 25, 2015 10:51 pm

@CrackBabyJoe wrote:
male this isnt the elder scrolls

What does that have to do with anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
Capt'n Ordinary

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Mon May 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Eh, I usually go with males so I can put myself in their position, but I sometimes pick female just for the heck of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TWKUK

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Mon May 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Ladies, generally. I mean, I'm a girl what's into other girls, so there's no real reason for me not to.

Though occasionally I do play a manly, rugged cowboy type for funsies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niik Havod

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Mon May 25, 2015 11:31 pm

I have always played as a male in role playing games like Fallout. I think this is mostly because I like to be able to relate to my character and I feel like playing as the gender that I am helps. However, I decided to switch it up a bit and am now playing as a female character in my new Fallout 3 playthrough. I'm having a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex10006

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Mon May 25, 2015 11:46 pm

never have i played as a woman besides testing Armour mod i could never get into a female fallout person i am not a lady so i don't play as a lady as simple as that

jmcatap1

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 12:13 am

I have never tried playing a female gender in any of my playthroughs. Now that it's been brought up, I might as well roll one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 12:31 am

It depends on what kind of character I want to make or custom race I'm using...

If I use any of Dragbody's races, I usually go with a male because most of his armors are for males.

SolidSnakeDavid / lsquall released my favorite female race to use, the Jill Valentine, I'm a huge RE fan so this is always in my load order.

Honestly, I just play the game to have fun. I usually look at what mods I'd like to use with each play session and go from there...gender really isn't the deciding factor. It's all about the mods.

However, I mostly play the Jill Valentine race...simply because if I'm going to be spending hundreds of hours in Fallout, I'd rather look at something pretty than some big hairy dude. I guess I just like women Wink

N~dles

CrackBabyJoe

Character sheet
Name: Trajan
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 12:39 am

@Tesvixen wrote:
@CrackBabyJoe wrote:
male this isnt the elder scrolls

What does that have to do with anything?
Well in fallout women look like potatoes
in morrowind oblivion and skyrim there's a million and a half women beauty mods and like 10 Male ones so women look better than men in the elderscrolls
but in fallout there arent a bunch of beauty mods so they both just look like potatoes which is why ill just pick a man i can put a helmet on Evolution of Emote (i couldnt find a potato smiley but that one is close enough)

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 12:55 am

I've never actually played a game as a girl, always been a guy. I honestly don't have a real reason why, I just don't wanna play as a girl lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alonewolf003

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 2:53 am

Playing games my own gender all the time, it just feels weirddddddd to play as an opposite sex character in a video game. :p

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 3:38 am

Male 90% of the time. While I played female characters and even mained some, to me roleplaying is all about getting inside the psyche of your character and live the situation as if you where him. I generally have a hard time pretending I'm a chick.

It's not just that but also a subtle psychological factor which is: I like to admire the character if I'm gonna roleplay it, I know, it limits a lot the stories to some extent, but it also depends on your imagination. Now, am I implying I can't admire a female character? No, of course not. But when I play a female character ( which is always hot, I make damn sure of that) the admiration generally comes second to the attraction, and thus it creates a dissociation with the character.

Curiously enough, when the game is not so much about the story ( like when I play GW2 or something where I just care about the PvP) I have a way easier time assimilating a female character mindset, weird , I know, but I didn't create my brain, so it's not my fault closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkPharoah

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 4:52 am

Im always a male when i play,I find it weird to play as the opposite sex haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s0mbo1

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 4:56 am

I almost always play as my own gender (male), the only exception is when I use the Liara race, in which case I have to use female.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 5:11 am

I try to alternate, but I usually default to male

Diegonom

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 8:44 am

usually play as a male character because almost every female armor mod is skimpy and not much variety for women armors compared to men's armors

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 9:22 am

@TheThompsonBoss wrote:
Alright, I know right away people are gonna say this is kinda a pointless topic, which granted it is. However I am kinda curious. Alot of youtube videos have their characters set as females and on top of that most of them seem to be guys. Now first off let me say that I have nothing against using a female character whether you are a female or male. However it has sparked my curiosity so, I wanted to find out the majority. Please tell me which gender you prefer and why. Smile

I'm female but I play males 90% of the time except lately.  I've started to learn a certain suite of mods that require me to play as a female for testing purposes so lately I've been playing 50-50 male/female.  Once I'm comfortable with these mods I'll switch back to playing male characters again.  In any game, I play as a male.  My playing style is a tank and my men charge out 'cause they're hard fightin' tough lovin' men!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
aka_Moonlight

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Tue May 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Sometimes male, sometimes female. For now i play female even don't know why i started to play this character. Just made a girl from Sorrows tribal with their tattoo and so on)

nkorea

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Thu May 28, 2015 1:04 am

I have ALWAYS played as a male in Fallout, and pretty much any game that allows customization or character selection to some extent. Even games like Mortal Kombat, I primariliy use male characters. Why, exactly? I have no real good reason. I guess I just like to be able to "relate" to the characters -- especially when it comes to RPG games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    Today at 1:27 am

Back to top Go down

What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next