Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged commonwealth boomers FCOM vault space riot Mask NPCs mandalorian hunk ghoul money body marvel Gear machine daryl Ryse dead khan Superpele boom upgrades wolfenstein Call
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout OCD? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout OCD? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout OCD? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout OCD? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout OCD? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout OCD? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout OCD? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout OCD? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout OCD? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout OCD? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout OCD?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
opencasketbuffet

opencasketbuffet

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:45 pm

Ever since Fallout 3 I have always had this problem. If there is a glitch, missed dialogue, or anything immersion breaking (crash, missing textures from mod, etc.), I feel the whole play-through is ruined. It may seem weird and I feel embarrassed admitting this. But I always end up starting a new character. I was just wanting to know if I'm alone in this or not. Is there any practices I should partake in to break that mindset? I've thought maybe one day just going back to my roots; vanilla fallout, on veryhard/hardcore, and zero regard for realism. But maybe I'm just burnt out.. Would love to hear from you guys. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
fsufan23

fsufan23

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:52 pm

No lol I always do the same thing when im trying to do a play through too.

Sinister

Sinister

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:53 pm

I'm somewhat like that as well. I'm always deleting everything and restarting if one thing doesn't feel or look right haha. I go through periods where I'm hooked on the game again for months, then get burnt out on it and continue to cycle like that.

opencasketbuffet

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:05 pm

Sinister wrote:
I'm somewhat like that as well. I'm always deleting everything and restarting if one thing doesn't feel or look right haha. I go through periods where I'm hooked on the game again for months, then get burnt out on it and continue to cycle like that.

Thank you. That's reassuring. It doesn't happen to often, but it does get tedious at times. I ask because I'm planning out a new character and I'm hoping I can make it to Primm this time ha.
Back to top Go down
opencasketbuffet

opencasketbuffet

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:07 pm

fsufan23 wrote:
No lol I always do the same thing when im trying to do a play through too.

How often is it for you? Like a successful to unsuccessful ratio. I'm curious. Because Doc Mitchell's business is boomin' when I forget archive invalidation.
Back to top Go down

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:25 pm

My advice would be to rein the OCD in a little and have fun. You're going to drive yourself nuts... for one thing its a game, and every single game in existence has bugs/glitches. That's inescapable, period.

For another, open world games like Bethesda's are always going to have even more bugs than something that is 'on rails' like Call of Duty because there's no way to account for every possible thing players will be able to do.

And lastly, mods don't have the benefit of a QA team, or the budget of a retail game. So modded content will often add problems as well, even very high quality mods.

So break yourself of that mindset. Games are for fun. If you're literally starting over because of unavoidable things like glitches... that's kind of the opposite of fun.

Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:40 pm

I had those type of issues where I try to squash every bug when I first run into them. But now after spending countless hours of attempting and failing to fix every single bug. I built a small tolerance level. If I see a red exclamation somewhere, I just quickly run by it and move on. If I see textures flicking again, I move along. Now I just look for things that make my game crash.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
opencasketbuffet

opencasketbuffet

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
My advice would be to rein the OCD in a little and have fun.  You're going to drive yourself nuts... for one thing its a game, and every single game in existence has bugs/glitches.  That's inescapable, period.

For another, open world games like Bethesda's are always going to have even more bugs than something that is 'on rails' like Call of Duty because there's no way to account for every possible thing players will be able to do.  

And lastly, mods don't have the benefit of a QA team, or the budget of a retail game.  So modded content will often add problems as well, even very high quality mods.

So break yourself of that mindset.  Games are for fun.  If you're literally starting over because of unavoidable things like glitches... that's kind of the opposite of fun.

Hey, thanks. I hear you. And I really appreciate that. I really pride my self on keeping things neat, but as you said, I need to understand that some things are beyond my control.

I'm going to be AWOL for a week, family, but after that gig, I'm just going to dive into the vanilla Fallout experience. Maybe even go back to the 360. Grab a beer, put it in surround sound, and rock it like I used to back before my PC days.

Thank you again. I hate to be the drama queen, but it is something I really need to work on. It's always good to get an outside opinion. And I feel a little less like a stray cat knowing I'm not alone.
Back to top Go down
opencasketbuffet

opencasketbuffet

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 pm

maybenexttime wrote:
I had those type of issues where I try to squash every bug when I first run into them. But now after spending countless hours of attempting and failing to fix every single bug. I built a small tolerance level. If I see a red exclamation somewhere, I just quickly run by it and move on. If I see textures flicking again, I move along. Now I just look for things that make my game crash.

That is a very solid method to play by. I hate to make the PC my scapegoat, but it all started when I built my first PC and purchased F3 GOTY. I discovered bug fixing mods, unofficial patches, textures packs, and my first thought was - "I need it all!"

I mean, I used to play New Vegas on 360. Talk about buggy, but I tolerated it. But now that I have all of these self-acclaimed 'bug fixing" mods at my disposal, I go into thinking it's going to be flawless and am quickly shot down. Not to discredit those boys and gals; they work their asses off. But there are things even they overlook.

It is my fault and I'm aware of that. I just need to go into with a mindset such as yours. Yeah, there are missing textures, or this guy is walking around with a white face and black body (I'm still a little new to modding, heh.) - It's not the end of the world.

I cannot thank you and the rest of you enough. I should've posted here a lot sooner.
Back to top Go down

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 pm

maybenexttime wrote:

Good philosophy, MNT.  

The things I'm OCD about... I'm very picky about the quality of armors that I rig/weightpaint, and about making sure that I've got their proportions matched up with the Fallout 3 skeleton/body.  But even I reach a point where I'm like... okay screw this, its good enough.  Sometimes I get lucky and nail an armor on the first go, but more times than not I end up making adjustments and even redoing them.. I've redone some armors 5+ times.
Back to top Go down
dtobviousmcduh

dtobviousmcduh

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:11 am

welcome to my world...
if there is a bug, i can't do anything else until i solve it, even some game mechanics can be a huge rock in my shoe... Till this day playing with a rifle while wearing a backpack is a tabu for me, but thanks to Reactorcore he made it easier with some change in the position of a type of two hand weapons animation, it's a shame that he stoped working on that mod, it was going in the perfect direction

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
blivit270

blivit270

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:22 am

I have fallout OCD also, but I think its on the other side of the spectrum. I have a coffee cup addiction, i pick up every coffee cup in a waste land, pick one cell to drop them in (each one, individually) until it crashes my game, then I move to another cell. its really a bad habit

R1NR

teegfonv

teegfonv

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:36 am

I feel you 100% on this. I ALWAYS do my play throughs in a role playing fashion....even if a gunfight feels reality or lore breaking I may revert to a save, and I also have extreme OCD about any and all armor/weapon clipping on my character...which limits my armor and weapon use greatly. You are not alone in this my friend...I seek perfection in my fallout experience.
Back to top Go down

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:44 am

teegfonv wrote:
You are not alone in this my friend...I seek perfection in my fallout experience.

Why would you seek something which isn't attainable, in any walk of life or endeavor, in your Fallout experience?
Back to top Go down
teegfonv

teegfonv

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 1:01 am

Ah I don't, I merely try and go for the stuff that is the least noticeable...for example I don't use the vanilla ranger armor because that coat clips so much but there are armors that don't clip much, or even at all. I just try to keep my play throughs friendly to what I am role playing in that particular version of my own Fallout, but I see where you are comming from.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 1:07 am

Tesvixen wrote:
maybenexttime wrote:

Good philosophy, MNT.  

The things I'm OCD about... I'm very picky about the quality of armors that I rig/weightpaint, and about making sure that I've got their proportions matched up with the Fallout 3 skeleton/body.  But even I reach a point where I'm like... okay screw this, its good enough.  Sometimes I get lucky and nail an armor on the first go, but more times than not I end up making adjustments and even redoing them.. I've redone some armors 5+ times.

Oh wait this is an excellent point. Yes, I had to ask Dragbody to rerig some of more favorite armors. Yes, I have almost zero tolerance for poorly rigged armor. I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 2:02 am

Hmm never heard about re-starting the whole game because of a bug before. I'd just reload my previous saves, rather than abandoning my current character closed eyes smile.

blueylucky38

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:18 am

Yeah I guess I have OCD in fallout too just by having uneven skills and things in my inventory TongueTril but I do believe that if you want to get rid of OCD you just got to do the thing you don't like and just live on with the fact it isn't that bad and it's just yourself being silly hope that helps it helps me but yeah OCD can be a good thing too though anyway thanks for reading guys PEACE! Vault boy Smile

Panther

Character sheet
Name: Panther
Faction: Third Echelon
Level: 50

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:02 am

Reading everyone's posts about fallout OCD reminds me of mine. Mine is where I must make the exact same choices on all my playthroughs, otherwise it'll all feel "wrong".

Yeah, sucks when trying to role-play as a different character, but somehow I manage playing characters that seem to be the same as one another over and over again.
Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:33 am

maybenexttime wrote:

Oh wait this is an excellent point. Yes, I had to ask Dragbody to rerig some of more favorite armors. Yes, I have almost zero tolerance for poorly rigged armor. I agree.

I'm the same I can't stand bad rigs. I got saints row 4 for the xbox and on my last playthrough I noticed some poor rigging on my favourite armour (a shoulder holster is rigged to one of the arms so it stretches) and now I can never use that armour Sad

Panther wrote:
Reading everyone's posts about fallout OCD reminds me of mine. Mine is where I must make the exact same choices on all my playthroughs, otherwise it'll all feel "wrong".

Yeah, sucks when trying to role-play as a different character, but somehow I manage playing characters that seem to be the same as one another over and over again.

I always get that with RPGs every character seems the same on each playthrough to me. I actually prefer playing tabletop RPGs because I have more character freedom then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fallout OCD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout OCD?   Fallout OCD? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout OCD?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next