Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 20:25

@jkdsh wrote:
I need a Fallout game on a better engine than New Vegas but actually created by Bethesda and not some third party that DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO FINISH KOTOR 2. I will never forgive Obsidian for basically killing the single player KOTOR series. But anyways, we've had two Elder Scrolls games since New Vegas, it's time for a new Fallout game

I don't mean this rudely, but you need to read up a bit on how game development works.... if the publisher says 'the game comes out on 11th of January' then that game comes out on the 11th of January.  Publisher interference and impatience has ruined many games, and often leaves the developers saddled with the blame (as your post illustrates).

Obsidian didn't get bored and decide 'eh, screw finishing this game lolz' - they were given a date and had to make that date.  If they were told to cut <name of quest or content> then they have to cut it.  That's a big part of why they have switched to crowdfunding and original IPs... they want control of that stuff so that they have the final say over how finished their games are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
Jax765

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 21:44

@Tesvixen wrote:
@jkdsh wrote:
I need a Fallout game on a better engine than New Vegas but actually created by Bethesda and not some third party that DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO FINISH KOTOR 2. I will never forgive Obsidian for basically killing the single player KOTOR series. But anyways, we've had two Elder Scrolls games since New Vegas, it's time for a new Fallout game

I don't mean this rudely, but you need to read up a bit on how game development works.... if the publisher says 'the game comes out on 11th of January' then that game comes out on the 11th of January.  Publisher interference and impatience has ruined many games, and often leaves the developers saddled with the blame (as your post illustrates).

Obsidian didn't get bored and decide 'eh, screw finishing this game lolz' - they were given a date and had to make that date.  If they were told to cut <name of quest or content> then they have to cut it.  That's a big part of why they have switched to crowdfunding and original IPs... they want control of that stuff so that they have the final say over how finished their games are.

It's quite sad how Obsidian's reputation with general players got wrecked by shitty publishers not giving them a fair shake. The fact that they still put out great games (Alpha Protocol, New Vegas, South Park, etc) just goes to show how much talent they really have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaw72290

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 21:54

oh im wanting FO4 more no doubt... its been too long!

Brandon42364

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 23:08

Defiantly fo4 its been a long time playing fnv , for me 754 hours XD, and things start to get old. While I never really got into the elder scrolls series, fallout grabbed my attention and has held it for a long time. Happy hunting Smile

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 23:35

Fallout 4 of course, been needing to come out for so long now it's beyond time for it to be announced.

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 23:37

Why not both? Kidding of course.

While I'm not against a TES6, I feel it's time for Fallout to come out of the vault and get some time in the sun again. I just hope they keep some the things put in for New Vegas like a good story.

Marcos A

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 23:56

Really is time for a  Fallout 4,  TES6 seems appropriate for after a new Fallout. It would be highly disappointing if they announce a completely different game.

Last edited by Marcos A on Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 14:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Messorem Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 0:25

Fallout 4 of course
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Decker2468

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 0:27

It's time for a new Fallout. So Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zparkzter

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 3:18

Its a no brainer, Fallout 4 of course. We haven't had a new fallout in ages and BGS has already released two TES series in a row (Skyrim and TES Online). So it would only be appropriate that they release a new fallout. Plus, Fallout > Skyrim Joy Dance (Fanboyism intensifies Big Slap )

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 3:24

Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morld

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 5:47

TES 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Multech

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 6:39

Seeing that they released TES V after the latest Fallout, probably Fallout 4.

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 6:40

Fallout 4 all the way there is no way the elder scrolls stands a chance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordingdong

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 7:05

Fallout 4 we need a new one Skyrim is still relatively new compared to 3 and NV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:06

I'm going to say Fallout 4 we haven't had good post apocalyptic wastland since fallout new vegas and for me fallout new vegas was a blast.
Back to top Go down
I am Andy

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 11:07

I think Fallout 4 is a long time coming, we've recently just got two elder scrolls games whilst not even a speck of info about fallout :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zinitrad

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Thu 12 Mar 2015 - 17:59

Either would be fine; I'm a fan of both series.

Though I would prefer they release fallout 4 first; not because of a preference, but because it would mean there would me some more time going into making TESVI good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pwninronan

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Thu 12 Mar 2015 - 18:02

No matter how much I tried, even after modding the crap out of it, I never really could get into the Elder Scrolls franchise...
*raises flame shield.*

That being said, my answer is Fallout 4. You should make a poll for this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zinitrad

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Thu 12 Mar 2015 - 18:07

@I am Andy wrote:
I think Fallout 4 is a long time coming, we've recently just got two elder scrolls games whilst not even a speck of info about fallout :/

Two elder scroll games? Which other game besides Skyrim came out since New Vegas? If I remember right, the last games released so far have been, in order, TesIV, FO3, FONV, and TESV

I mean I don't disagree that its probably fallout's turn to get another game but I'm confused by your statement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6   Today at 7:29

Back to top Go down

What game would you rather have Bethesda announce F04 or TES 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next