Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call wolfenstein hunk khan machine boom Mask upgrades body money riot Superpele ghoul FCOM daryl space marvel mandalorian vault Ryse commonwealth dead NPCs boomers Reforged Gear
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
To those who play TTW Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 3:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
To those who play TTW Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 6:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
To those who play TTW Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
To those who play TTW Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
To those who play TTW Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
To those who play TTW Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
To those who play TTW Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
To those who play TTW Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
To those who play TTW Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
To those who play TTW Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
To those who play TTW Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
To those who play TTW Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
To those who play TTW Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
To those who play TTW Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
To those who play TTW Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
To those who play TTW Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
To those who play TTW Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
To those who play TTW Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
To those who play TTW Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
To those who play TTW Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

To those who play TTW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

To those who play TTW Empty
PostSubject: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody could help me.

So basically I'm interested in playing a tale of two wastelands, but I have a couple of concerns:

1) is it not massively buggy? I remember that Req. for a dream mod that did the same thing but apparently it was quite bad for errors etc?

2) I have quite a heavily modded NV game

Mostly just adding new NPCs, armors, weapons, textures and a couple of locations
oh and JIP, the companion mod

Will TTW still work with these kind of mods installed?

are there any types of mods it's known for not working with?

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Back to top Go down
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:52 pm

I wouldn't say that it's really buggy right now (it means that it's pretty playable), but it's still being developed so there will be bugfixes.
My game is modded as well, but it works for me pretty fine. I have lots of textures, armors, weapons, mods like AWOP or Project Nevada. TTW is going to work with many mods as long as your rig can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Ah sweet, that sounds reassuring.

can you mod the fallout 3 universe as well? or is that only with these TTW mods that are getting re-released?

Thanks for the reply KrizalidBrando

Back to top Go down
ADEPT

ADEPT

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Lucianhector wrote:
Ah sweet, that sounds reassuring.

can you mod the fallout 3 universe as well? or is that only with these TTW mods that are getting re-released?

Thanks for the reply KrizalidBrando
Yes. Its pretty simple. I an using 2.71 version of TTW. On TTW site were is instruction to converting your mod for TTW.

delta6020

delta6020

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Also note, you kinda have to start a new game, least that's what i did. If the game crashes during your time in the vault, just disable all the mods cause they may cause problems. (Usually a player mod or pipboy mod) Then when you leave the vault you could just activate them all again. Smile

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:44 pm

do you start in the vault or as the courier?

Back to top Go down
delta6020

delta6020

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Start as the vault, you can go to new vegas anytime tho haha just need to go to to the train. If you want stuff from new vegas I recommend get the console codes for the stuff you want and add it when you leave the vault.

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Question about TTW: is it possible to install this, merge FO3 and NV while maintaining the separate, full install of Fallout 3?

I have almost 20GB of stuff modded into my game, just tens of thousands of files, and I don't want to lose that or have to reinstall it because TTW screws up (which happens often from what I read).
Back to top Go down
CopperCobra

CopperCobra

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Question about TTW: is it possible to install this, merge FO3 and NV while maintaining the separate, full install of Fallout 3?  

I have almost 20GB of stuff modded into my game, just tens of thousands of files, and I don't want to lose that or have to reinstall it because TTW screws up (which happens often from what I read).
Just move everything to a new folder and just keep the normal stuff like the BSAs, i myself have never really had a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
VeritasSaint19

VeritasSaint19

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm definitely loving how it plays so far. I just started my first playthrough today. I have a ton of mods as well and it seems to work really well so far!

One thing to do however is when you first start don't use any custom characters, so entirely vanilla race. I do however have Fallout Overhaul Character on and for the vanilla race it worked wonderfully. I think you shouldn't have any custom pipboys active till you start to leave the vault.

I did however made a back up of my game file before starting TTW.

Overall I'm loving this mod!! It's getting me pumped up for Fallout 4 and I love how you get to use the New Vegas engine compared to Fallout 3's

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Thing is, its not NV I'm worried about, its Fallout 3. That's what I play, prefer, and mod for.
Back to top Go down
ADEPT

ADEPT

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:14 pm

Custom race is not problem IF IT HAS CHILD AND OLD RACES, simple duplicate child and old in game races and add them to your custom race I see what you did t

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:18 pm

@Tesvixen
I am not sure, but I think that most of F3 mods need a conversion, while NV mods go as intended - TTW, whole FO3 scenario, Washington, everything - work like a mod for FNV rather than fusion of both games. Because there's a difference between FO3 and FNV engines, and FO3 mods are made for the FO3 engine (that's why FO3 mods for FNV had to be re-done importing old models and making new ESPs/ESMs).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Yeah, I understand all that Kriz :p

Thanks for the information regardless, you guys. I think I'll stick to my current setup, I'd go nuts if TTW had even a remotely detrimental effect on my mods and such.
Back to top Go down
mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 2:07 am

@Tesvixen TTW won't affect your mods. Correct me if i'm wrong, but your mods are for Fallout 3, right? Well, TTW affects New Vegas and only uses Fallout 3 for "resources" and only uses it's BSA files (the ones that come with the game). The only real problem I see, is that you would have to convert this mods for TTW, which i'm guessing it would be a pain in the butt closed eyes smile. Even though it won't affect your mods, if you ever try to use TTW, you could simply do a backup of your mods.

JohnKimble

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 1:39 am

For some odd reason my TTW game starts out in the Mojave. I guess it's somewhat convenient since i won't have to deal with the custom race problems starting out in the vault.
Back to top Go down
Obdulio

Obdulio

Character sheet
Name: Obdulio
Faction: Dragunov
Level:

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 1:59 am

If your starting in the Mojave then the game is installed wrong, your suppose to start in DC.
Back to top Go down
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 2:02 am

JohnKimble wrote:
For some odd reason my TTW game starts out in the Mojave. I guess it's somewhat convenient since i won't have to deal with the custom race problems starting out in the vault.
TTW's FAQ:
Quote :

You need to make an edit to your .INI files so that you start the game properly.  This is normally done by the .fomod when it is installed but sometimes for some reason a manual edit is necessary:

The files you're looking for are C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini and C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\FalloutPrefs.ini
You may also want to make the changes in FalloutDefault.ini in the game folder as well, if you use the normal game launcher for some reason.  Using that launcher overwrites Fallout.ini with the values in FalloutDefault.ini every time it's run.
Make these changes:
SCharGenQuest = 001FFFF8
sIntroMovie = (yes this one is blank on purpose, it needs to be blank)
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To those who play TTW   To those who play TTW Empty

Back to top Go down

To those who play TTW

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next