Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Fallout Online?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Would you play a Fallout Online if it were released?
Yes
12%
 12% [ 3 ]
No
44%
 44% [ 11 ]
Maybe
44%
 44% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
ZuExis

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Unless Fallout had only some sort of Co-Op, I wouldn't play an MMO version of Falout. It'd basically turn into some H1Z1/DayZ type of game, where you run around trying to get equipment, and Dying by other players. It wouldn't give you that isolated atmosphere anymore.

Character sheet
Name: Aya A7-01
Faction: Institute, Aggresive Reaction Unit
Level: Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:56 pm

@ZuExis wrote:
Unless Fallout had only some sort of Co-Op, I wouldn't play an MMO version of Falout. It'd basically turn into some H1Z1/DayZ type of game, where you run around trying to get equipment, and Dying by other players. It wouldn't give you that isolated atmosphere anymore.
I can't really imagine even the co-op. I mean, look. You and your friend are both playing the same game but with different mods, and then you go into unique cell (one of your mods, as example) and your friend will be like "Dude, where are you? I don't have this mod, get the hell out of there" XD

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:57 pm

KrizalidBrando wrote:
@ZuExis wrote:
I can't really imagine even the co-op. I mean, look. You and your friend are both playing the same game but with different mods, and then you go into unique cell (one of your mods, as example) and your friend will be like "Dude, where are you? I don't have this mod, get the hell out of there" XD

Well they could try and do it like counter-strike, have to have the same exact mods(except in CS you only need the server's required mods, gun skins...etc are exceptions) to play in a server.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:58 pm

@alonewolf003 wrote:
KrizalidBrando wrote:
@ZuExis wrote:

Well they could try and do it like counter-strike, have to have the same exact mods(except in CS you only need the server's required mods, gun skins...etc are exceptions) to play in a server.
Poor guy who tries to play with people from VGU then. So many dragbody packs to download XD

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:20 pm

KrizalidBrando wrote:
@alonewolf003 wrote:
KrizalidBrando wrote:
@ZuExis wrote:

Poor guy who tries to play with people from VGU then. So many dragbody packs to download XD
Especially if they have a slow connection TongueTril

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:26 pm

For an online Fallout game mods wouldn't be allowed, I don't imagine. Nothing beyond simple UI tweaks and damage meters and such, anyway.

Notice you don't see Tera armors, Oblivion ports, etc for ES Online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
TheLoneSurvivor

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:09 pm

I don't think Fallout should have a multiplayer, i think it should just stay singleplayer, personally i dont think it would suit

daedric_cat

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:17 pm

@TheLoneSurvivor wrote:
I don't think Fallout should have a multiplayer, i think it should just stay singleplayer, personally i dont think it would suit

I agree with this. I felt they went back on being staunchly single player when they came out with ESO. I remember when they had announced that there will never be multiplayer for TES.

I really don't want to see this with Fallout.

View user profile
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 pm

@daedric_cat wrote:
@TheLoneSurvivor wrote:

I agree with this. I felt they went back on being staunchly single player when they came out with ESO. I remember when they had announced that there will never be multiplayer for TES.

Bethesda did not make ESO. :p It is considered separate from the canonical ES games and was developed by a completely different team of people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
Dio Brando

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:34 pm

@Tesvixen wrote:
@daedric_cat wrote:
@TheLoneSurvivor wrote:

Bethesda did not make ESO. :p  It is considered separate from the canonical ES games and was developed by a completely different team of people.
... While Michael Kirkbride's drug addict's fantasies about lore were implemented into it. I imagine how happy he was and how mad was Todd about it.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:40 pm

@Tesvixen wrote:
@daedric_cat wrote:
@TheLoneSurvivor wrote:

Bethesda did not make ESO. :p  It is considered separate from the canonical ES games and was developed by a completely different team of people.

Yeah, that was Zenimax. Though I am glad to see that it isn't considered officially canon. Not that it matters, really, and it shouldn't, except for those hardcore lore types who would insist anything announced as official must be observed like a religion. I'm more with Kirkbride, that canon is what you want to be canon- even if it is ESO Smile

View user profile
daedric_cat

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:43 pm

KrizalidBrando wrote:
@Tesvixen wrote:
@daedric_cat wrote:
@TheLoneSurvivor wrote:

... While Michael Kirkbride's drug addict's fantasies about lore were implemented into it. I imagine how happy he was and how mad was Todd about it.

I see what you did t robot altmer queens and all that, yeah.
Going by his own credo, I'm not going with that weirdness.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Online?   Today at 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down

Fallout Online?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2