Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaw72290

PostSubject: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:27 am

Hey guys, so i was thinking about starting a new, hardercore playthrough of FNV and I was wondering if anyone knows of any mods that decrease the number of guns that NPCs use as weapons? I was wanting to make it feel like every gun and every bullet is a luxury and that i would have to use each one sparingly. I know Project Nevada can decrease the number of munitions that you can find in boxes and stuff, but I dont think it limits the number of NPC guns. If you guys know of any, please let me know!

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:41 am

I understand how this could be useful for someone who wants a truly grinding experience in Fallout, but sadly I don't know of one. It shouldn't be that difficult to make, simple scripting in G.E.C.K.

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:43 am

not possible unless someone with crazy scripting know how can do it, that will remove placed objects, and respawn npc objects. Not a good idea as well you will eventually be left with your fist....

AAA Environment Artist & Modeler, US Army Combat Vet, Full Sail University Alumni
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:45 am

It wouldn't be that difficult to do, just time consuming.  You'd need to load GECK and change a lot of combatstyle settings and inventory for the various enemies you'd want to remove ranged weapons from, as well as alter some leveled item lists for things (which is risky if you don't know what you're doing).  

The easiest change that could bring you closer to the desired effect, though, would be to change the weapons themselves.  NPCs and creatures like super mutants don't actually use/consume their ammo for most weapons (meaning they can reload infinitely).  You could change all ranged weapons so that they always consume ammunition from the inventory which would = less ammo to be looted from stuff you kill.

Speaking honestly - and you might feel differently - I don't think the end result would be anywhere near worth the effort.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
gaw72290

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:00 am

thanks for all the feedback on that... i figured it would be pretty hard to do, and my modding capabilities are nowhere near good enough to do that... I was just wondering if there was a mod out there that already did that, but i agree.. as cool as the idea might have been, it prolly wouldnt have been worth the trouble

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?   Today at 10:10 am

Back to top Go down

Mod to limit number of guns in the wasteland?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1