Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

My name's Mark. Assume the position.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EtaTwo

PostSubject: My name's Mark. Assume the position.   Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 am

Preemptive TLDR - I'm Mark. I like video games and people that play them.

Heya, folks! Life's been pretty crazy for me for quite a while, now - So I've only just figured out that VGU went down and was replaced. I wasn't super active when it was around, as I was mostly a lurker and I rarely posted.. But I remember how helpful and fun the community was, and how many interests I had in common with you guys. So here I am, introducing myself.

Gaming stuff - Not a lot of time for games lately, but they've always been my primary hobby, escape, and happy place. I devote as much time as I can to them. All of my friends are gamers of some sort, so I enjoy just goofing around on co-op games.. Though single player RPGs and Open World games will always have that special place in my heart.

Modding stuff - I don't have a ton of experience in the production of mods, at least not anymore. I used to do a lot of animation mods and some modeling/texturing for Star Wars Galaxies with a friend of mine, when I was a kid... but that was a long time ago. I have tried messing around with modern tools and the various Bethesda GECKs/Creation Kits - and I gave up pretty fast.

I am, however - pretty damned good at troubleshooting mod related problems. I can usually always figure out what mod-related issue is screwing up a friend's game, and show him how to fix it. So I'll do what I can here in that regard, as well.

As for the personal stuff - I've just recently started my college classes to get my sorry self in line for police academy, (Hence the title.) and I've already taken a few preliminary tests for the academy proper and aced them. Super excited. Law Enforcement has been my dream since I was a child. It's exhilarating to finally realize it.

Well, that's about it. A preemptive hello to you all, and I look forward to making some new friends. See you around!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rest_in_pepperoni

PostSubject: Re: My name's Mark. Assume the position.   Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:40 am

Yeah welcome to VGU you sound like just the guy i need, i get so many problems when installing mods, anyways hope to see you around Big Hello Smiley

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DVAted

Character sheet
Name: Archer Shepard
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 54

PostSubject: Re: My name's Mark. Assume the position.   Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Welcome to VGU, Mark!
Since you're going to the academy,
I'm sure you have a clue of how hard it is to maintain some sort of order
in any given community, and why it's so important to follow them honestly Thumbs Up

Now that we have that out of the way,
prepare yourself to lay down the law and pick up the fun cheers

We're very happy to have you and thank you for making such a proper introduction

See you around
Yeti Dance

Click here for official GUNetwork Facebook page and submit your best Screenshots!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donta1979

PostSubject: Re: My name's Mark. Assume the position.   Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Hello and welcome to the VGU forums, Assume the position ok drop and push until I get tired=P lol

AAA Environment Artist & Modeler, US Army Combat Vet, Full Sail University Alumni
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My name's Mark. Assume the position.   Today at 8:09 am

Back to top Go down

My name's Mark. Assume the position.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1