Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault hunk khan FCOM daryl dead Gear wolfenstein Reforged Call machine ghoul marvel boomers Ryse riot upgrades Superpele boom mandalorian NPCs space money Mask body commonwealth
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

When and how did you discover fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ZorkyTheDude

ZorkyTheDude

When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:21 am

...mmm i can't remember right now buuuuut.. i think it was 2009.. i played alot the vanilla on console of 3 and nv but when i discovered mods i had to go for the pc, maybe... and i said maybe i probably have 850.. or more hourse of gameplay between the games ... and i still play it. Can't wait for the 4 !!!

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:15 pm

I remember watching a bunch of "Top 10" videos online and Fallout 3 was on a lot of those lists. At the time I was REALLY into post-apocalyptic scenarios (and still am; looking forward to Fallout 4) and it looked like my cup of tea. I ordered it online and played it religiously. Right when I got bored of it, I discovered modding and, well, my PS3 has been collecting layers of dust lol
Back to top Go down
Thugpog95

Thugpog95

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:25 am

I first discovered fallout when I was in high school but it was fallout 3 I never played the others or herd of them so it was all new to me, so on with the story I would go down to the eb games close to my school which is GameStop to you Americans and they had a sale on and the game was pretty cheap I cant remember the price but i was kind of interest in buying it and kind of not but I got it any way, got home installed it and I got hooked on it I played the game with out any mods because I didn't even know that mods existed, but when I found out about mods it just made the game more enjoyable and became a fan boy of the fallout series.
Back to top Go down
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:48 am

I discovered Fallout when I noticed my older cousin was playing fallout 2, I was interested in the game but it was too difficult for me so I gave up. I started getting into Fallout when 3 came out in 7008 and I immediately loved it, I played the game to death discovering all locations and doing all quest then I went back to Fallout 1 and 2 as my cousin still had them. I realised how much I missed out on by not playing fallout 1 and 2 and then I got Fallout new vegas and played that for a while but once I finished the game without DLC I was bored and sold it but three years later I got into modding and I absolutely loved it.
Back to top Go down
Gedor

Gedor

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:03 am

I discovered fallout in 2 year of my high school,right after fallout 3 came out,and when my friend gave me 10 random games and fallout 3 was among them. I try it and i fell in love instantly. I had some cheap computer and graphics was pretty awesome, even tho i played without any mods and i had like 5 CTD per hour, i played it a lot. And then i remember i was talking with one friend in my local gaming cafe and he told me he always wanted to play Fallout 3 but he didn't have the game so i gave it to him and we later on discovered Nexus and whole modding community, and then the real fun began. The rest is history

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gedoracroable

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:10 am

Yeah I bought a gaming mag for 3$ and I got 3 cd's, two full games and some demo's.
Read the magazine, put the cd case on a shelf, some months later I rediscovered it, installed Fallout, got weirded out, uninstalled Fallout, said its stupid, months later got Fallout 2, fell in love, forever ashamed I said FO1 is stupid.
I didnt know absolutely anything about the game when I started playing AND at that time my english sucked. Now... Fallout for life.
Back to top Go down
seanchinhengo

seanchinhengo

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:45 am

I was playing oblivion at the time, I had just finished the main quest and most of the sidequests again
when I wondered to myself if their was a game that had the same strong gameplay combined with the same modding compatibility. as per use I started looking for all the other games that bethesda had created, I had already played morrowwind but I had never heard of fallout 3. I figured why not? It had great reviews, an interesting idea and allot of lore + even then there was a great modding community.
Well I played it and fell in love with the series, playing all of the old games and when new vegas came out I played it immediatly. I've been hooked ever since.
Back to top Go down
TizerisT

TizerisT

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:52 am

Originally I saw the F3 trailer and thought "Oh great, another mech FPS". I didn't realize it was as flexible and moddable as it is. Then I obtained Morrowind, then Oblivion, then I began hearing that FO was essentially Elder Scrolls, set in the future. Once I found out my Oblivion install was ruined due to too many overlapping mods, and not knowing how to undo it all, I needed a new playground. And Fallout fitted it. I've never looked back since, apart from when I gave up on F3 due to repeated crashing. But NV tempted me back, with it's stable engine. That was 3-4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
MaxoftheRocks

MaxoftheRocks

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:31 pm

I remember me and my friends gathering round a gaming magazine in school when we were ten, looking at the front cover, showing the awesome-looking Brotherhood of Steel armour from this 'new' sci-fi game coming from the makers of the legendary Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
daedric_cat

daedric_cat

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:40 pm

I'd heard the name before, didn't know anything about it, didn't know it was Bethesda. The guys at the store where I picked up my mint copy of Skyrim on release day highly recommended Fallout, if I liked Bethesda RPGs.

Sooooo, I'm checking it out as soon as my kid gets back home- she nabbed the game when it came in the mail before I could!

Blanket Bounce

Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 pm

I had been playing Oblivion for quite awhile and a friend of mine told me about Fallout 3 (This was before I got into modding). I borrowed it, fell in love and bought my own copy the next day. New Vegas was a pre-order and I bought Wasteland and the original fallout games in a Steam sale last year

MissPiggy

MissPiggy

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 am

It shames me to say this, but I never got the drive to play the first two Fallout games. I was, however fortunate enough to try out Bethesda's Fallout 3. I remember that day clearly; 2011, neighbor's house, various snacks. We played till the the following morning. In as little as three days, this became a weekly activity for us.

As time passed and with the release of New Vegas, I became excessively interested behind the story. Upon countless research, I eventually discovered the Nexus! And that concludes my revelation with Fallout.

stalkzoid

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm

the first I discovered fallout was the same way I did with the first tomb raider I just saw it and tried it not knowing... and then thought this is friggin awesome...
Back to top Go down
kdavis1937

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:52 pm

After playing Morrowind and Oblivion I felt anything Bethesda crafted would turn to gold. So I gave it a try and instantly fell in love and love the fallout universe more so than The Elder Scrolls!
Back to top Go down
chillinnkillin

chillinnkillin

Character sheet
Name: Dickens
Faction: Independant Vegas
Level: 60

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 3:02 am

I just happen to see Fallout 3 at EB Games on sale, looked good. Unfortunately back then, I didn't know jack about modding or optimizing and was playing it on Windows 7, so it took me days to figure out what was wrong with it

When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 2015-011

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
Crisol

Crisol

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 3:39 am

mmmmm, Gamer Poop....

GreekJesus11

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:08 am

I was either in fifth or sixth grade a few years back, and I recently got my Xbox 360. I saw the video of Bethesda premiering Fallout 3 at E3, and I was instantly sold. I definitely wasn't disappointed when I bought it.
Back to top Go down
FuriousJohnson

FuriousJohnson

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:49 am

When it was on sale on steam.
Back to top Go down
SNAIPUR

SNAIPUR

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 am

I saw Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in 2011 on sale 30 €. i was like: Daamn this game looks cool. So i bought it and had some of my best memories from that game, then bought all of the other Fallout games.
Back to top Go down
Jac0b

Jac0b

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 10:21 am

Well , I guess nobody from Poland ,bloody awesome country , is registered . I saw Fallout 3 form "Bungo21" channel . I've thought "Holy moly! This game is awesome Indeed !" So I waited for Christmas ,installed it and ... lose life . Then I heard of F:NV , which was supposed to be " More Fallout 3 but with atmosphere from older fallouts . "And this game just took my life from me forever , far ,far away . ..

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When and how did you discover fallout?   When and how did you discover fallout? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

When and how did you discover fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next