Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!   Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:54 am

its sad to hear that the maker of this mod has abandoned it but i can understand why. such mods are to much work for a single person anlone. but, i have to say the mod works fine on my end. i have no crashes or any fps loss and my pc is almost 8 years old ( 4gb ddr2 ram and a nvidia gt630 graphic card ). it maybe depends on what mods someone is using.

Last edited by Cpt.Rex on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdvancedTerror

Character sheet
Name: Ben (Blaze) Maddox
Faction: Raider
Level: 62

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!   Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:25 am

Yeah it's sad to hear this won't get any patches. Really liked this mod, added a lot of immersion / fun to the game, I can't use at the mo' due to installing TTW and wanting to use NV Bounties. I can imagine this mod was a hell of a lot of work.

Hopefully we get some unofficial patches for TTW and other mods.

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Probably someone will make unofficial patches

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!   Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:38 pm

I have had only one crash maybe due to this mod and my system is bare minimum for New Vegas. (this soon won't be the case once I finish preparing my new rig) I don't have a clue why the mod author says it's "broken" and should not be downloaded. Like I said before, this mod is an ESSENTIAL and should have been shipped with the vanilla game.

Why? WHY would someone create such a masterpiece and then call it trash and advise people to avoid it? I personally would be so bold as to say it's one of the top ten Fallout New Vegas mods of all time. And to puff my chest out even more, I think this should be in everyone's load order.

It's not broken. If anything, it's just unfinished, but even to me it feels complete. If the mod author had said this was his finished product, I would instantly believe him and wouldn't have a single doubt in my mind. This mod is already so extensive. To do much more would be approaching what mod teams produce.

Who agrees the mod author isn't displaying his work with the respect it (and he) deserves?

I'm just one of those big gun nuts
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alonewolf003

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!   Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:43 pm

Well a lot of people reported different issues with the mod so he just simply use the word 'broken' to describe it, as in a lot of glitches, bugs, that you might encounter, and that he won't be updating it so it will stay "broken". Or that's what I think he meant, I got lots of performance drop, or even freezes sometimes when I used it myself, not sure about the others though.

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!   Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Sadly Kicho666 has said its no longer supported D:

Edit: lots of people already said this but posts werent showing up, my bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdlhAFs0OMZmByUo_TV735w
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!   Today at 11:37 am

Back to top Go down

Destruction Overhaul is back and better than ever!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2