Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
retlaw83

PostSubject: How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?   Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:13 pm

In the mod I'm working on, I have a character who needs to sit in a chair and others that need to serve as blackjack dealers. Problem is they're always wandering off. From what I saw in the GECK, I assumed it was as simple as making the furniture item they're attached to a linked ref, but that doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know what addition steps I need to take?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?   Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:54 pm

I'll start off by saying NPC's aren't my strong area, but I think you need to make the furniture a persistent reference as well as linked and then make/assign a package that has them sit at it.

PostSubject: Re: How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?   Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:56 pm

The package must be the piece I'm missing, I'll do more poking around. The furniture pieces are persistent refs and everything is linked, so at least I got most of it right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aest

PostSubject: Re: How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?   Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 pm

@retlaw83 wrote:
The package must be the piece I'm missing, I'll do more poking around. The furniture pieces are persistent refs and everything is linked, so at least I got most of it right.

Have you tried giving him a sandbox package and then just limiting the radius to zero? I'm not sure how that would work, but that's my idea.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
retlaw83

PostSubject: Re: How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?   Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 pm

I took a deeper look. All dealers have a package that moves them to their editor location - which is in layman's terms, their spawn point. All my dealers have it. But they're not sitting still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A.J.

PostSubject: Re: How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?   Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:20 pm

I would try to set the furniture as persistent reference and use it as destination for a travel package
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/AnaPrrrrrr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?   Today at 12:38 pm

Back to top Go down

How to make a character stay at a piece of furniture?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1