Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
________________

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Dragunslayer



Posts : 27
Join date : 2014-11-12
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:22 am

@farlas816 wrote:
Yes, but don't rule it out, think of things like gmod, that people have all different mods for, but still have their game mode servers. Also, I don' think texture replacers would be a huge deal, like how two people can play minecraft together who have different texture packs.

Thing is though is that with Gmod, it's mostly assets that are the mods themselves. If someone has an asset that isn't in their version, it pops up as a huge ERROR sign. Different maps, modes and the like require a download before they can even be played if I recall.

The difference here though is that say for example one person has a mod that adds in a whole new quest line and several new buildings. If the other person doesn't have that mod then they'll see nothing at all. And depending on how they would decide to handle going into places that require loading, it could either cause the person that's sans the mod to crash, or their friend disappears until they come out. That's even provided it doesn't cause the game itself to crash on connect because of the differing mods.

Toss in something that changes stats on weapons, armor, enemies and it becomes even more complicated. The only real mod you could do without forcing both parties to have the same mods, would be texture swaps since that doesn't affect the actual game play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farlas816



Posts : 280
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : (pale blue dot)

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:15 pm

@Dragunslayer wrote:
@farlas816 wrote:
Yes, but don't rule it out, think of things like gmod, that people have all different mods for, but still have their game mode servers. Also, I don' think texture replacers would be a huge deal, like how two people can play minecraft together who have different texture packs.

Thing is though is that with Gmod, it's mostly assets that are the mods themselves. If someone has an asset that isn't in their version, it pops up as a huge ERROR sign. Different maps, modes and the like require a download before they can even be played if I recall.

The difference here though is that say for example one person has a mod that adds in a whole new quest line and several new buildings. If the other person doesn't have that mod then they'll see nothing at all. And depending on how they would decide to handle going into places that require loading, it could either cause the person that's sans the mod to crash, or their friend disappears until they come out. That's even provided it doesn't cause the game itself to crash on connect because of the differing mods.

Toss in something that changes stats on weapons, armor, enemies and it becomes even more complicated. The only real mod you could do without forcing both parties to have the same mods, would be texture swaps since that doesn't affect the actual game play.
Perhaps, there would be a smaller, separate world for multiplayer that would not have quest addons and such, I don't know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueylucky38



Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 16
Location : The land down under!

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:07 am

I think it could be possible if they just make it co-op like you go to a terminal in the game and you send a message to your buddy across the wastes who will receive it on his/her pipboy and can join your game by accepting the message received. I think something like that would be cool sooo yeah i dunno if it should be in the next fallout but i think it would be good if they dont stuff it up. :p

_________________
''To the edge of the universe and back endure and survive''.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImmortalCheese



Posts : 34
Join date : 2014-04-09
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:27 am

Only if it was with like 1 or 2 buds or like borderlands where your friends can just pop in and out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ONI Agent Locke



Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-11-22
Age : 20
Location : Arizona, US

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:33 am

I remember Interplay had the rights to a Fallout MMO while Bethesda had the rights to everything else, but Interplay didn't deliver on their promises, so... Bethesda had to pay them a couple million dollars. I wish I could fail into millions of dollars.

A Fallout MMO would be great. Much better than an Elder Scrolls MMO, since there's so much more potential. It could be like EVE online, in the sense that players would create their own stories and worlds as complex as that already in the game.

Fallout 4 having online, though, I wouldn't suggest. Mainly because people would lose their damn minds if they heard it, as they would if you say "Elder Scrolls VI online," because clearly something being online is selling out in some way. It's more a PR issue than a gameplay issue.

I would like to see optional co-op in a game like this, though. I'd love to explore the world with a friend. It'd just need to be entirely divorced from everything else in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XRhino



Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 18
Location : Vault 111

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 am

It would be cool if Fallout 4 was online because you could play with your friends and survive the harsh wasteland with them and i would not like it because there could be your average 8 year old troll on Fallout 4 online lol. cowboy

_________________
Herro!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPM3vCWoP4J7otGcGgnkEEA
Kommandant-hillbilly



Posts : 186
Join date : 2014-12-06
Location : in your memories

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:40 am

could you imagine the bunny-hopping? lol

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ctrlaltexplode



Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 24
Location : Devon, England, Where the farmers be living

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:03 am

i wouldn't like multiplier in fallout 4, i think it would break the immersion of the waste with a slight exception for co-op if it is done well. however multiplier for me is basically going to be my friends shooting 3 dog in the face if he is in this one (i think he is).

_________________
"Mother's maiden name?!, I always just called her MA" - Bernard Black
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ONI Agent Locke



Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-11-22
Age : 20
Location : Arizona, US

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:25 am

@Kommandant-hillbilly wrote:
could you imagine the bunny-hopping? lol
Not with Fallout 3/NV's nasty jumping...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xArchAngel



Posts : 17
Join date : 2014-11-07
Age : 22
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:34 am

I would like to see a co-op option in fallout 4, it could only make the game more entertaining, it could however break the game away from the immersion that you got from the original games.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phill&Al



Posts : 33
Join date : 2014-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:52 am

See, i think that it shouldn't. Simply because, I imagine that they'd have to do what bungie did with destiny to make it an online game and destiny was terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ONI Agent Locke



Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-11-22
Age : 20
Location : Arizona, US

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:55 am

Phill&Al wrote:
See, i think that it shouldn't. Simply because, I imagine that they'd have to do what bungie did with destiny to make it an online game and destiny was terrible.

That's a bit of a leap. Destiny's problem was that it's a small environment with absolutely nothing to do and terrible mission design. Fix those problems and you've got a much better game.

Imagine Fallout 3 with co-op, nothing more added or subtracted. That's more what people are going for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farlas816



Posts : 280
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : (pale blue dot)

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:01 pm

@xArchAngel wrote:
I would like to see a co-op option in fallout 4, it could only make the game more entertaining, it could however break the game away from the immersion that you got from the original games.
People are always talking about immersion breaking, and really, I can't see that to much. It's not like there aren't companions with you all the time anyway...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragunslayer



Posts : 27
Join date : 2014-11-12
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:37 pm

@farlas816 wrote:
Perhaps, there would be a smaller, separate world for multiplayer that would not have quest addons and such, I don't know...

Actually, now that you mention it, it WOULD be possible if the game did a check and compared mods and if you have the same then it loads those up, but it deactivates any that aren't shared when loading co-op.

To do this though would probably require a one or two things.
1. No Drop-In co-op, you'd need to do a setup prior so the game can do a comparison. The biggest downside to this though would be the potential time to compare the two versions.

2. You'd probably need two different characters, one Co-Op and one Single Player. This way, if you're running mods on Single Player that change things, give you certain perks and the like, it doesn't cause conflicts or remove them when you load them into Co-Op.

The only other option, and this would be the quickest, would be to have ALL mods automatically disabled for Co-Op. Though number two above still is an issue.

I also agree with you about it not really breaking immersion either as some have stated. We already have the ability to run around with companions. A Co-Op deal would simply be like having a player controlled companion. Now, a full fledged MMO deal...yeah, then I could see that being immersion breaking as the amount of people playing would sort of kill the feel of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
booders



Posts : 170
Join date : 2014-08-22
Age : 24
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 pm

I'd like it to just stick with the single player,but if they added a CHOICE for co-op play for lets say you and 3 other friends or less,than that would be fine too.If an MMO was to be made,it would really have to be done right.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Today at 12:21 am

Back to top Go down
 

Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

 Similar topics

-
» 40K Online, Tau Tactica, Spacemap
» Warhammer online infos + RVR screen
» Fallout:NV favorite weapons
» CHLOEROCKS NOW ONLINE!
» warhammer online limited edition

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-