Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
fate6

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:54 am

Hmm normal "online" modes I would have to say no too but how about being able to import a companion of a friend? You could maybe trade items as well? Well whavtevz but honestly there is not very many single player games these days so I would hate to see Fallout or TES go the way of so many other games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Accelerator

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:02 am

I feel that if it was multiplayer it would make it difficult for the VGU modding community as well as any other modding sites. So nope, I wouldn't agree with it.

Accelerator Info:

"Someone that kills if given a reason, is definitely not a hero." - Accelerator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lyca5259

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:19 am

@Accelerator wrote:
I feel that if it was multiplayer it would make it difficult for the VGU modding community as well as any other modding sites. So nope, I wouldn't agree with it.

HEY IT'S MY TWIN. HELLO ME.

Haha, but I somewhat agree. Like I've said modding is still indeed possible, but there's not doubt it will lead to difficulties. I wouldn't doubt that it would likely limit alot of possibilities for modders too.

HFegelein

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:25 am

As others have mentioned, problems with mods can be foreseen and will be difficult to overcome. That and I personally believe the spirit of the Fallout series doesn't really mesh well with the massively multiplayer online experience. Co-op (i.e. being able to invite a friend or two into your game) is certainly welcome, though. Can't count all the times I wished I had a truly 'human' companion in the game.

More importantly, the quality of the singleplayer experience (which is IMO what Fallout is primarily about) should not be compromised in development. I'd think that if there must be a MMO iteration of Fallout it should be a completely separate game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:45 pm

I think that it should have the ability to play with a small group of people - around 3 or 4 to be exact - but I don't think it should be an MMO like the elder scrolls online was.

xThat1WhiteKidx

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 pm

I vote no. I don't think there should be any multiplayer/co-op.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm thinking that it would be cool to have like, 2-4 player co-op, problem is I wouldn't be able to mod the hell out of my game and do that.

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:03 am

I do agree it should have a co-op mode, but no form of MMO. Co-op would be a new, fun, and different way to play Fallout, however it is something that would need ironing out, and I do think it should be an optional feature, for those who wish to continue playing Fallout by themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaySpectacular

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:14 am

Simply put hell no. No co-op mode and such i just don't think it'll work right. It'd be bethesda's borderlands then. I like just me and my dog traveling through the wastes.

Trentosss

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:43 am

I think Fallout 4 should just be single player, I don't think co-op or multiplayer would work unless there was some overhauls and changes to the basics of the game, yet said changes would probably take away the main things that we play Fallout for, e.g vats, story and rpg elements
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erunai

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:52 am

Keep to its roots which have been a great success so far, expand mod capabilities of course
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xleov

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:27 am

I think it would just end up being Fallout Universe Online pay to play deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMetroDweller

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:55 pm

No, because it's not fun having your thought out plan be destroyed because some nitwit named XxjerrymlgquickscopexX ran in guns blazing with a goddamn Fat Man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lexintun

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Sure why not?! I would be cool to have raider team vs megaton settlers in a deathmatch for resources and water or Lyon's pride vs Super Mutants in King of the hill or elimination. hell even BOS Outcasts vs Enclave kill squads or even raiders( The raiders outnumberring the BOS maybe 3 to 1 margin and armed with more serious weapons like sniper rifles and lazors Very Happy to oppose the power armored paladins and knights with their gatlings and miniguns)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ichigenji

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:34 pm

I believe it shouldn't they should really work on more realistic animations,bigger world and a longer immerse story line.On the other hand they should make an online mode that you can survive against a horde of ghouls like CallOfDuty's Zombies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mept

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 am

I would love to try it out online. Just having the option wouldn't be bad but to make it just online would kill what Fallout is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:44 am

If it would be a like small group Co-Op version of the regular game, yes. If it were to be anything like ESO, no. A million times no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
DatGooz

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:37 pm

I guess I could see co-op if they implemented it properly, I just don't know how they would do it in a game like this. I mean if they included drop in co-op that could be quite cool but it might take away from the story a bit having a presumably important character only appearing whenever you and your friends decide to play together. Also I don't think proper MP would work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:11 am

@DatGooz wrote:
I guess I could see co-op if they implemented it properly, I just don't know how they would do it in a game like this. I mean if they included drop in co-op that could be quite cool but it might take away from the story a bit having a presumably important character only appearing whenever you and your friends decide to play together. Also I don't think proper MP would work.
Hmmm, maybe you could drop into a friend's game as one of their companions, or maybe just put in your character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finlandiaperkele

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:50 pm

If we are talking about a 2-4 player COOP mode, then I'm all in for it. As long as it isn't PVP multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?   Today at 3:55 am

Back to top Go down

Do you think Fallout 4 should have online or not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next