Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine body Mask dead Overhaul riot daryl mandalorian khan Armor commonwealth wolfenstein NPCs Call vault ghoul marvel Reforged FCOM Ryse hunk Gear Superpele boomers money boom
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Any Fallout players still out there?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Fеll

Fеll

Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:38 am

Same situation as OP. Didn't get to approved stage, really looked forward to clone armor mods by Rex and associated modders as well as Junin (I believe that is his name) for his ODST master pieces. Look forward to possibly playing FO3 this summer!
Back to top Go down
Abyssfer

Abyssfer

Character sheet
Name: Lucifer
Faction: Hell
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Playing fallout NV again... Stopped already 3 times, last was about 6 months ago.
But there is +, new mods were released, so it is interesting to play again!
As well i am thinking about istalling TTW, so will play much longer than usual this time!

Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 A977db10
Back to top Go down
ArgusMercenary

ArgusMercenary

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:28 pm

maybenexttime wrote:
Well I go back between TTW and Skyrim. TTW is getting dry I admit due to lack of modder content in terms of quest. I know there are a few huge projects going on for Skyrim, namely Ethas.

Fallout 4 needs to come out soon :p

Same reason I dropped TTW, lack of content and sometimes I just can't stand Fallout 3. Besides TTW still has a long way to go, when they get it out of beta, I'll look around for it again. Unfortunately big mods like FOOK and NVEC don't put their features in FO3 and anyone who could do anything about it is already working on TTW, I think their team also got smaller as well.
Back to top Go down
toolio20

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 am

I've already chimed in about Fallout 3 (got it on PC for cheapo, decided to give it the ol' Skyrim treatment and have another go) but here's a question for anyone willing to answer: is New Vegas worth playing, especially now that many of the more unique mods are no longer available?

I never played it due to the mixed reviews it received, to say nothing of the varying feedback from friends. I suppose I'm at the point where I'm wondering since I've made it this long without playing the thing, is it worth trifling with or is it essentially just more of the same?
Back to top Go down
7thNighthawk

7thNighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi toolio20,

well, I have played that game more than I probably should have but as you can see this will be another opinion onto your heap of opinions Very Happy
I really like the atmosphere this game has, I really loved some of the DLC and most of them did not feel like a ripoff. Las Vegas, the Mojave, desert settlements and tribes give you plenty of ways to develop your character. You can pretend to be a lone cowboy, a mafioso, the devil or savior of the world without any immersion breaking logic errors (well, there are some, but it is not that bad).
I've never really played FO:3 but I have heard it is really awesome. Problem is, once you had the gameplay of Fallout New Vegas, it really is difficult to go back. I tried it a friends place and although I really liked some of the atmosphere, I did not like how it wanted you to play it.
The karma and factions system works pretty well overall but sometimes fails in my opinion. First of all, one should not receive too much penalties for doing something for the Legion and do not receive too much positive karma for helping the NCR.
Then I personally find the choice between NCR and Legion to be none. I really tried to help the Legion but they have written scumbag all over their heads. It would have been much better to have two factions that both have good and bad sides. The legion is too much of a stereotype.
Then of course you have the usual Fallout issues but mods fix most of them really decently.
One final word to the DLCs: Dead Money, hated by many people, was actually my favourite DLC. It had immersive atmosphere, a tragic background story and a M1918 BAR :DOld World Blues is my second favourite because it alludes to both Dead Money and Lonesome Roads. Allusions, sick inventions and epicly crazy scientists really made it for me. One could argue there is a lot of talking involved but I think it is ok. Difficulty wise, I found it to be the hardest as the enemy really did not give a damn how good my guns and sneak skill were.
Lonesome road is a nice conclusion to the game and could easily replace the vanilla ending. The divide, big highways and skyscraper created a nice apocalypse atmosphere.
Then you have Gun Runners Arsenal and Couriers stash. Those are neat but not necessary. I got them because of the Ultimate edition.
Honest hearts was my least favourite, I don't know why. It had M1928 Thompson, M1911 and the Burned Man but the missions were kinda boring. I did not like that tribe thingy too much.

Enough text walling for now, hope it helped a bit.

Cheers
Leo
Back to top Go down
toolio20

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Leo Demidow wrote:
Hi toolio20...Enough text walling for now, hope it helped a bit.

Cheers
Leo
Based on your post I don't think it would be a stretch for me to assume you liked NV, huh? Still, thanks for taking the time to offer some feedback - it's appreciated for sure, Leo!

Turns out NV is on sale today, and the thread regarding it yields gems like this:

"...never quite got into NV like I did FO3. I think for me it was the fact that it was really just basically the exact same thing so it was like an extended expansion pack. Most of the game just felt like filler to me to make it a full game. Then there was the whole feeling that Obsidian sort of had the idea that "well, this is how WE feel FO3 should have been so take this, HUH!" so in a way it almost just felt like their own reimaging of FO3.

Not a bad game certain, a little more buggy, but still fun...just way too similar for me."

It wouldn't be a hard decision if the mods for both games overlapped, but they don't. Tracking down FO3 mods is hard enough, so...to hell with doubling the hassle.
Back to top Go down
hazzens

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi guys,

starting my second playthrough of Fallout 3. Off the top of your heads, what mods would you recommend to make it look better and play better without changing it too much or making it too easy?

*DISCLAIMER* Im asking here specifically, as this is one of the most up to date and recent threads on the net I've found regarding Fallout 3, and having read all the posts in this thread I know that ye are all quite passionate about the series so I would go on your advice!

I recently played skyrim and although I made it looks really nice and had some good mods for improvements.. a lot of the overhauls on the magic side made it much easier to play. Spells were 2 over powered and it just changed the game 2 much. So Im looking for some mods that will enchance fallout 3 , visually and otherwise. As in.. maybe an extra quest line or two in megaton that doesnt give an OP reward, but rather adds some more immersion to the game without giving me a substantial bonus.

Smile Great thread, love the series, cant wait for Fallout 4 !
Back to top Go down
Murdock

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:43 pm

hazzens wrote:
Hi guys,

starting my second playthrough of Fallout 3. Off the top of your heads, what mods would you recommend to make it look better and play better without changing it too much or making it too easy?

*DISCLAIMER* Im asking here specifically, as this is one of the most up to date and recent threads on the net I've found regarding Fallout 3, and having read all the posts in this thread I know that ye are all quite passionate about the series so I would go on your advice!

I recently played skyrim and although I made it looks really nice and had some good mods for improvements.. a lot of the overhauls on the magic side made it much easier to play. Spells were 2 over powered and it just changed the game 2 much. So Im looking for some mods that will enchance fallout 3 , visually and otherwise. As in.. maybe an extra quest line or two in megaton that doesnt give an OP reward, but rather adds some more immersion to the game without giving me a substantial bonus.

Smile Great thread, love the series, cant wait for Fallout 4 !

Hey hazzens,
I would recommend to just go to the nexus and look through the "top files" and each category to have some mods to begin with. Nobody here can tell you; "here this mods does make it look beautiful" because maybe another person says this mod looks awful... We don't know what you want your game to look like.
Concerning gameplay changes, I think FWE is highly configurable: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/2761/?
Long time ago I played it though.
There are several texture replacers, weather mods, etc. It takes some time to mod your game the way you want it, but I think it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
toolio20

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:17 pm

hazzens wrote:
Hi guys,

Welcome, dude - nice to know I'm not the only one in the world still playing FO3.

To save you a bunch of time, I'm going to a.) assume you own the game and b.) risk broaching a touchy subject - if I step in it as a result, well, so be it. Anyway, if you do a bit of googling for "Fallout 3" and "896D61A1E0CA1BE4F76C9CB8D6691C6386896FBC" you can find a pre-configured Fallout Wanderer's Edition/Martigen's Mutant Mod/Energy Visuals Enhanced/Textures/etc set up that will literally save you hours of scouring the nexus and dealing with their disheveled and tedious download process. While you're waiting for it to finish you can watch YouTube videos by a chap with the handle "Gopher" that explain what these popular mods do and also outline the process you're (mercifully) getting to mostly skip but should still familiarize yourself with.

FWE has plenty of configurable options which overall help make the game more immersive IMO, e.g. your weapons are more powerful, but so are everyone's thus there's far more incentive to find cover and otherwise eschew a "bullet sponge" solution to dealing with enemy encounters. It does change the game quite a bit, but I think you'll like it.

Anyway, let us know how it goes...

Back to top Go down
Druuler

Druuler

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:55 pm

hazzens wrote:
Hi guys,

<snip>

If you want a texture replacer that covers building, rubble, trash and whatnot, I suggest NMC's Texture Pack on the Nexus.  You will have to be a member to get it, as it is a large set of files, even if you are getting the lower res of the bunch.  They are worth it to have in my opinion, as the packs make most everything in the game look sooooo much better!
Back to top Go down
toolio20

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 am

Yeah, that's included in the thing I mentioned above - speaking of, is there anything like that for NV?
Back to top Go down
hazzens

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks very much for the replies. I followed your advice and used that link and also got that texture pack. Followed Gophers amazing slow paced youtube videos to the point my heart stopped beating last night but in the end he delivered. Got a really nice looking Fallout 3 installed and working, and installed quite a few quality of life mods aswell. I can still remember the first day I walked into megaton. It was megaton that seperated F3 from NV for me. People were too happy and safe in Vegas, in megaton it was desolate and there was a real sense of survival there. Relived that feeling yesterday, brilliant game. Thanks for all the tips Smile
Back to top Go down
toolio20

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:12 pm

hazzens wrote:
Followed Gophers amazing slow paced youtube videos to the point my heart stopped beating last night but in the end he delivered.
LOL glad it all worked out, man!
Back to top Go down
Major_Tumanov

Major_Tumanov

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:28 pm

I think to start playing again, but first i want to make my own mod compilation, which need to be collected literally bit by bit.

Back to top Go down
toolio20

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Major_Tumanov wrote:
I think to start playing again, but first i want to make my own mod compilation, which need to be collected literally bit by bit.
Let me know if you need any help - I've been doing essentially the same damn thing, and it sucks...
Back to top Go down
Transcendence

Transcendence

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Messed up my New Vegas game and decided to lay it off for a while. Right now I'm getting myself brutally murdered in the first Fallout game.

The t51b saved me a lot of times.
Back to top Go down
Brigand231

Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Transcendence wrote:
Messed up my New Vegas game and decided to lay it off for a while. Right now I'm getting myself brutally murdered in the first Fallout game.

The t51b saved me a lot of times.

In the original Fallout games it really helps to have a build in mind almost from the get go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brigand231/
micnah

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 8:20 pm

noopis wrote:
I started playing Fallout 3 again just a few days ago. Getting it to work on windows 7 was a nightmare but it was worth it.

try getting it to work on windows 8.1.....that's hell in itself,
Back to top Go down
gunslinger6792

gunslinger6792

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 2:48 pm

I tried playing fallout for a little bit but didn't make it past the first mole rat I found lol. Needless to say I had no idea what I was doing and haven't come back to it since. Still its on my to do list to play now that I got my PC up and running again.
Back to top Go down
Tapper

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Brigand231 wrote:
In the original Fallout games it really helps to have a build in mind almost from the get go.

Yes, the original fallout had a much more rigid character development compared to F3 and NV. I think in tactics you could change attributes like you can in NV with implants but with the original proper planning was the key. I use to print out development sheets and spend a lot of time on forums asking people what a good build would be. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Fallout players still out there?   Any Fallout players still out there? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Fallout players still out there?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next