Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Mask commonwealth vault upgrades machine space dead NPCs boom Gear boomers body hunk Ryse marvel Call money Superpele khan riot wolfenstein FCOM daryl mandalorian Reforged ghoul
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 12:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout New Vegas ENB problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jasper-op

jasper-op

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Empty
PostSubject: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:12 am

Hey everybody, decided to start playing Fallout New Vegas again and I noticed this annoying issue with my ENB. I'm running Pure Tone ENB for a while and I'm not sure if I have had this issue before.
The issue is that the shades on everybody's face is weird and the hair sort of lights up.
I have a picture here:
Spoiler:
The shade doesn't look that weird on this pic but even if I'm standing with my face directly towards the sun the shade is still the same.

I'm playing with TTW and some other mods. If you need the entire load order here it is:
Spoiler:
If anybody can help me I would appreciate it a lot!
Thanks in advance.

-Archer

Last edited by jasper-op on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/1063910/?tb=images&p
AleenWalker

AleenWalker

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 am

I was using puretone not too long ago and had the same issue. I think it's just something this ENB does. Try editing it a little with the in-game ENB console( hit the ~ key and then hit shift+enter together). I believe I tweaked mine a little to mitigate this, but I don't fully remember what I changed. Hope this helps

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
jasper-op

jasper-op

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:23 am

I'd like to thank you for answering but I have no idea which things I have to tweak since I don't know anything about editing ENB's. Could you try to find out what you changed?
Anyway still +1 for answering! Smile

hitman47101

hitman47101

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:35 am

ENB has a strange affect on hair because some of it's effects, namely SSAO and detailed shadows, can't account for alpha transparency, which the hair and beard meshes use extensively.

I'd recommend heading over to this mod and downloading the ENB Hair Transparency Fix from the files section: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18107/?

It changes the alpha properties to a more ENB friendly setting, i know it's a Fallout 3 mod but the meshes are identical to the FNV ones and are in the same file path, so it works for both games.    

I'd suggest giving that a try before playing around with the settings, if it doesn't help you can start adjusting some of the environmental settings.

Hope this helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
jasper-op

jasper-op

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:51 am

Thanks hitman it does look a bit better in some lights but it's still there, any more tips?
How it looks:
Sorry you can't see a big difference but some other peoples hair looked better.

Jollyrodger

Jollyrodger

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:38 pm

Sorry about necro post, but I had this problem with facial hair and Enb preset, and i got solution
open fallout.ini
bAllow30Shaders=0 - If set to 1, this option will allow (but not force) the use of Shader Model 3.0 on graphics cards which support it, namely Nvidia GeForce 6600 or newer, or ATI X1000 series or newer. This can potentially improve performance when using HDR rendering for example. However to force the actual use of 3.0 Shaders after making the above change, you will also need to check your RenderInfo.txt file, found under the same directory as your .ini files, and near the bottom the file check which shader package it uses (e.g. Shader Package : 13).
Then go to the \\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data\Shaders\ folder and rename that particular package to something else (e.g. rename shaderpackage013.sdp to shaderpackage013._bak. Now copy shaderpackage019.sdp and paste it back into the same directory, and rename this new copy to the package name your card uses (e.g. rename it to shaderpackage013.sdp in this example). This will supposedly force Fallout 3 to use the Shader Model 3.0 shaders in the game. In practice this doesn't appear to noticeably alter image quality or performance, so at best it might be used for troubleshooting purposes (Fallout.ini).

taken from here http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_9.html

very simple, no need to change game assets, works for me. Hope this will help somebody
Back to top Go down
Skull_channel

Skull_channel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 1:33 am

Jollyrodger wrote:
Sorry about necro post, but I had this problem with facial hair and Enb preset, and i got solution
open fallout.ini
bAllow30Shaders=0 - If set to 1, this option will allow (but not force) the use of Shader Model 3.0 on graphics cards which support it, namely Nvidia GeForce 6600 or newer, or ATI X1000 series or newer. This can potentially improve performance when using HDR rendering for example. However to force the actual use of 3.0 Shaders after making the above change, you will also need to check your RenderInfo.txt file, found under the same directory as your .ini files, and near the bottom the file check which shader package it uses (e.g. Shader Package : 13).
Then go to the \\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data\Shaders\ folder and rename that particular package to something else (e.g. rename shaderpackage013.sdp to shaderpackage013._bak. Now copy shaderpackage019.sdp and paste it back into the same directory, and rename this new copy to the package name your card uses (e.g. rename it to shaderpackage013.sdp in this example). This will supposedly force Fallout 3 to use the Shader Model 3.0 shaders in the game. In practice this doesn't appear to noticeably alter image quality or performance, so at best it might be used for troubleshooting purposes (Fallout.ini).

very simple, no need to change game assets, works for me. Hope this will help somebody

Man... tanks. thank you so much
Back to top Go down
Darnexx

Darnexx

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 9:40 am

Jollyrodger wrote:
open fallout.ini

This actually helped me! Thank you

PostSubject: Re: Fallout New Vegas ENB problem   Fallout New Vegas ENB problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout New Vegas ENB problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1