Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
________________

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Fallout 3 Freeze

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rcaohm



Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Thailand

PostSubject: Fallout 3 Freeze    Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:48 am

I play fallout 3 on windows 7 32 bit and and lately I can not play fallout 3 anymore because game freeze not long after I start new game or load save. Just Freeze not crash to desktop. I have search this board for my case and I have try some fix that already have in this board but not solve my problems. And I already re-install the game and run the game without any mod but game still hang.
Last thing I haven't tried is re-install OS.

I don't have this problem on my new vegas.

If anyone can help me solve this problem please help.

Thinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
midnight1996



Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-09-12
Age : 20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 am

hmm if you don't have any mods and it still freezes ? that is odd did you just turn the mods off ? or did you uninstall them ? some mods even when not Active can still mess with your game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcaohm



Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Thailand

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:45 am

@midnight1996 wrote:
hmm if you don't have any mods and it still freezes ? that is odd did you just turn the mods off ? or did you uninstall them ? some mods even when not Active can still mess with your game

Uninstall old game, delete all remain, install new one and find game still freeze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThreeDog



Posts : 119
Join date : 2014-09-21
Location : Capital Wasteland

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Have you been able to play it before without freezing? There's an issue with Fallout 3 and windows 7, its simply not optimized to play on windows 7, however there is a way around this. This video should teach you how to fix the freezing problem. Lemme know how it works (i had the same problem).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuTE8-4lNU

_________________
" I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass......and I'm all out of bubblegum"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
midnight1996



Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-09-12
Age : 20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 pm

@ThreeDog wrote:
Have you been able to play it before without freezing? There's an issue with Fallout 3 and windows 7, its simply not optimized to play on windows 7, however there is a way around this. This video should teach you how to fix the freezing problem. Lemme know how it works (i had the same problem).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuTE8-4lNU

i play fo3 on 7 and it don't freeze

any way i have no idea on whats wrong i am sorry i wish i could help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liljonesy04



Posts : 351
Join date : 2014-09-15
Age : 19
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:36 am

If for some reason it is because of your OS try running it on compatibility mode for an older OS perhaps I dont know if that will help but it's just something you could try. I remember my fallout 3 disc would not even run installer on anything Windows 7 and above so I ended up buying on steam and that works fine.

_________________
Check out my youtube channel and support me with a sub ----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMgUwyvq7nUEL1Bu7oMwItQ

My Achievements:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcaohm



Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Thailand

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:35 am

Now I can play the game little longer with not freeze but I have some crash problem and when I put the d3d9.dll in game folder when I launch the game they give me error massage for 4-5 times before game launch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigerx87



Posts : 174
Join date : 2014-08-02
Location : The Fort

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:53 am

@rcaohm wrote:
Now I can play the game little longer with not freeze but I have some crash problem and when I put the d3d9.dll in game folder when I launch the game they give me error massage for 4-5 times before game launch.

try this method yet?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2825612

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcaohm



Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Thailand

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:39 am

@tigerx87 wrote:
@rcaohm wrote:
Now I can play the game little longer with not freeze but I have some crash problem and when I put the d3d9.dll in game folder when I launch the game they give me error massage for 4-5 times before game launch.

try this method yet?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2825612


Still crash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThreeDog



Posts : 119
Join date : 2014-09-21
Location : Capital Wasteland

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:10 pm

@midnight1996 wrote:
@ThreeDog wrote:
Have you been able to play it before without freezing? There's an issue with Fallout 3 and windows 7, its simply not optimized to play on windows 7, however there is a way around this. This video should teach you how to fix the freezing problem. Lemme know how it works (i had the same problem).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuTE8-4lNU

i play fo3 on 7 and it don't freeze

any way i have no idea on whats wrong  i am sorry i wish i could help

Lucky you, it does freeze for most people and even the Steam store page says its not optimized for Windows 7. I had to follow this video to be able to play Fallout 3.

_________________
" I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass......and I'm all out of bubblegum"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen



Posts : 3681
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:18 pm

I never had any issues running Fallout 3 on Windows 7 or 8.

As soon as I install it I use the program that removes its dependency on Games For Windows Live. That can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1086/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout3%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D1086&pUp=1

G4WL is the most half-assed nonsense Microsoft has ever come up with. I hope whoever created it was fired, or eaten by bees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
ThreeDog



Posts : 119
Join date : 2014-09-21
Location : Capital Wasteland

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:35 pm

@Tesvixen wrote:
I never had any issues running Fallout 3 on Windows 7 or 8.  

As soon as I install it I use the program that removes its dependency on Games For Windows Live.  That can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1086/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout3%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D1086&pUp=1

G4WL is the most half-assed nonsense Microsoft has ever come up with.  I hope whoever created it was fired, or eaten by bees.

Thanks for sharing the link, I hate Games For Windows Live. It makes you wonder why Bethesda even included that annoying PoS. I guess they had their reasons....

_________________
" I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass......and I'm all out of bubblegum"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcaohm



Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Thailand

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Now I can play Fallout 3 little longer with no freeze but I got some strange crash problem. I think ALL d3d9.dll not work for my computer. When I play I disabled all auto-save option and make some manual save that give longer time before the crash and when crash I start game again and some time I get a crash immediately I just start over again and I can play continue.

Thank for every one help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archangel-DA



Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-09-16
Age : 21
Location : Texas, USA

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:02 am

@rcaohm wrote:
Now I can play the game little longer with not freeze but I have some crash problem and when I put the d3d9.dll in game folder when I launch the game they give me error massage for 4-5 times before game launch.

I've had that error message before. Just delete the.dll file and you should be able to play saved games, not so sure about starting a new one though. if that doesnt work you could try updating/downloding DirectX. When I had this problem thats what someone else recommended to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Freeze    Today at 5:04 am

Back to top Go down
 

Fallout 3 Freeze

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Fallout 4 How to freeze any NPC?
» Fallout 3 Crash on Save fix!!
» Fallout:NV favorite weapons
» Fallout Warfare
» Game wont run, complete freeze

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Troubleshooting-