Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk vault marvel space Ryse commonwealth Reforged wolfenstein boom machine ghoul NPCs upgrades Gear body Call boomers FCOM dead mandalorian money Superpele riot Mask daryl khan
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 am

» hi i'm new person
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 am

» New person
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Your modding inspiration?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Panther

Panther

Character sheet
Name: Panther
Faction: Third Echelon
Level: 50

Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:01 pm

I remember it was way back in early 2011 I first started modding. Though, it wasn't for Fallout, but for Oblivion. I remember that I was really annoyed back then, because all the mods I found were erotic clothing made for female characters, and that there weren't any good lore-friendly mods for the male characters.

I played as male characters, because I'm male in real life, and felt as if being female in the game wasn't really immersive. Seeing no good mods for  male characters annoyed me so much, that I decided that if I couldn't find anything good for males, I might as well make mods for males myself. I learned how to make a horse mod for starters, then ever since I've been modding.

Never did make any male armor mods for Oblivion though, somehow I just got into retexturing stuff for the fallout games and sometimes skyrim, trying to put a new spin on some of the existing assets in these games. I remember making black NCR Ranger Veteran armors and custom faces for my characters were some of my favorite things to mod, and to this day I still create tattoos for my fallout characters and unique faces to use.

After all these years, still haven't gotten into making unique armor and weapons yet like I originally got into modding to do, but I don't really care much anymore, plus I find working with meshes kind of confusing. The only thing I've ever done was remove all these accessories that came with an armor mod I downloaded, because I didn't like them. Nifskope helped me with that, but overall I am usually confused with all this mesh work.

Oh well, maybe some day I will give unique weapons and armor mods another go. But I'm fine where I am at the moment, retexturing, making tattoos, and creating character faces. Besides, got a lot to do in my life, worried I may not have the time to dedicate myself to mods like this.

Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 C526F98F6AAB6F0A5F3FF69ABE3EF31E8FFAABB2

Back to top Go down
standalone09

standalone09

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Well after i played about 25+ hours of oblivion i was really interested in the process of making
sword´s etc. just the imagination of being able to create my very own cool sword gave me hard goosebumps... lol

So sooner or later i watched a lot of tutorial etc. and finally i got into the modelling scene and lo and behold i began to really like/enjoy modelling, texturing and testing out my sword´s ingame etc.

That´s why i think having Fun is if not the most important "motivation" you can get in modding. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:40 pm

For me it would be a combination of things I think.  

I believe I've told this story before, but my ex used to mod Morrowind - for months he and a friend worked on a mod that added Predators and Aliens to the game.  It drove me nuts how much time he 'wasted' on that (my words at the time, not his), until I actually sat down and tried out the stuff he had been working on.  

That was when I 'got it' you could say.  To see these things and characters he added to the game world, organically and in a way that made sense, it really changed the way I looked at the whole process.  They took great care to actually make the Predator/Alien stuff fit in, and even altered the dialogue of some NPCs to reflect the fact that you weren't one of the game's normal races should you play as one of them.  

I didn't begin modding myself until Oblivion, many years later, but I decided that I would mimic that approach... that I would try to add things in a way that made sense or at least felt like it did.  

My first mod was a simple armor retexture that Mystykstar helped me with - I created a story around the armor, placing it in a tomb along with the spirit of the woman who forged it - she was double crossed, mortally wounded and left to die.  You would discover shortly thereafter that another, much more malevolent presence was trapped there as well.

At first it was pretty straightforward - a chest of armor, a ghost with some dialogue and an evil NPC to fight.  But I kept thinking of little touches to add... a journal of the blacksmith's final days as she succumbed to her wounds, using a custom 'bloody' book texture (I was so proud of that at the time lol) for example.  

That quickly became my favorite part about modding... the little parts, the bits and pieces that go beyond 'CRATE OF GUNS AND ARMOR'.  The stuff that helped make sense of whatever I chose to add.  Even now, 4-5 years later, that hasn't changed.  I'm constantly adding items, journals/logs/data pads, notes, etc... things that can be clicked on to reveal information, play a familiar sound, or what have you.  

And on top of all that stuff, modding for me is about taking a game that thousands/millions of people play and making it unique somehow.  That is a fascinating thing to me, the idea of leaving my own personal flourish/touch on something.  

Sorry, this is kind of becoming a wall of text, so I'll stop.  But yeah that's basically my mindset.
Back to top Go down
Ceane

Ceane

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 pm

I'm not that much of a hardcore modder. The only things I've done were a couple of weapon edits and NPC's in Skyrim. My first mod was one that made the Ebony Blade enhancable (blanking on the word I'm looking for here) because the fact that it just had the one base damage annoyed me.

Then, due to being into Magic the Gathering at the time, I recreated quite a few Planeswalkers as followers. IIRC I made Sorin, Garruk, Jace, Chandra, and Liliana.

Then when I started playing Fallout again, I decided to load up the GECK to see what the difference was to the Creation Kit, and the fantastic thing was that there was no difference. The only thing that's stopping me from creating NPCs in New Vegas is that I find the game to be more immersive than Skyrim, and having an NPC whose only lines are "Yeah?" "Okay." "I'll follow you." "What do you want?" would be really annoying.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
MemeMan

MemeMan

Character sheet
Name: John Wrolpe
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts (East Coast Commander 2287)
Level: 89

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 3:37 pm

AlChestBreach helped me get interested in modding on PC Then Dragbody inspired me to do it my self but still to this day I don't know how to do it

flamenx01

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 4:31 pm

The main one for me probably was the Mothership Zeta Crew mod for fallout 3. I'd done some really small mods before that but making addons for Mothership Zeta Crew really got me to actually learn how to make more that simple Geck mods.
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:08 pm

I remember seeing a video for the "Coyote Reflex Armor" for Fallout 3 along time ago and thought it was amazing, it's what caught my attention to modding and what eventually brought me here. TongueTril
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
alx68

alx68

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Well for me it's learning more about the possibilities of the GECK, and I REALLY got into it when I stumbled upon the old COD MW2 armor pack (don't even know who's work that is. Probably Dragbody's but I don't know) Anyway Very Happy then I started looking for more stuff like that, found a lot of 'real weapon' packs... And when I found the Nexus, I was like a kid in a candy store Very Happy Now I have more content than the original content Very Happy  I started doing more tinkering in the GECK, but on a very basic level mind you. Just adding stuff and editing stats and what not. Nothing more creative than that. I saw some youtube vids showcasing mods from here and so here I am Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Julum

Julum

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 pm

When TesVixen said

Tesvixen wrote:
Julum I totally understand where you're coming from... I was much more 'into' the Elder scrolls games as well, it wasn't until I began to heavily mod Fallout that it became my preferred game.

Then I was like "Yeah, why don't I try modding it?" I'm currently attempting to rig Zero Suit Samus for Fallout in Blender. It's a slow, slow process, but I might finish her eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:24 pm

wow i want to become a great modder like master Dragbody, Cpt. Rex , Hitman and Tesvixen
i love their work is so awesome , they do their work as art it's so awesome i'm glad to be here and apreciate their work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Dragoon wrote:
wow i want to become a great modder like master Dragbody, Cpt. Rex , Hitman and Tesvixen
i love their work is so awesome , they do their work as art it's so awesome i'm glad to be here and apreciate their work

Agreed they are very good in their work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:16 pm

I see all these awesome custom characters with great tattoos and scars and burns and stories and just, wow.

I want to one day have an OC have as great as those belonging to Allnarta or Nivea. Well, I have one, but I want to actually make him look like what he supposed to look like, rather then just handwaving it away.

Being able to make armour and things would help me customize even more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Lord Dlichnum wrote:
I see all these awesome custom characters with great tattoos and scars and burns and stories and just, wow.

I want to one day have an OC have as great as those belonging to Allnarta or Nivea. Well, I have one, but I want to actually make him look like what he supposed to look like, rather then just handwaving it away.

have a mod to help modders make tatoos for character in the nexus
Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:44 am

I do what I want but others haven't done yet, that's all.

Panther

Character sheet
Name: Panther
Faction: Third Echelon
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 am

Risefenix wrote:
Lord Dlichnum wrote:

have a mod to help modders make tatoos for character in the nexus

I wonder if I should do something like this, help make tattoos for fallout characters. I used to make tattoos all the time for my fallout characters and some of my friends, got a lot of positive feedback from people. However I've been meaning to give my new main courier some tattoos and scars as of late, I got to tend to myself first :p

Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 C526F98F6AAB6F0A5F3FF69ABE3EF31E8FFAABB2

Back to top Go down
fabulous22885

fabulous22885

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 am

Whilst I don't actually make mods for Fallout yet - mainly because I haven't tried or gotten around to it yet due to various excuses, I originally got into modding for games like Men of War, Company of Heroes & Dawn of War because I found the original gameplay lacking and wanted a bit more variety.

In those RTS games a lot of the action is in short bursts so I would frequently make my own mini gameplay modifications for myself and friends that changed the prices, time before a unit could be purchased and many other things like this made the game a lot more enjoyable.

I do plan on working on Fallout mods in future as time will allow for me to learn to use the GECK & to actually work on mods but unfortunately life hasn't been as nice with allowing me free time as it used to.

CatMan

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:38 am

The first person to inspire me would have to be ac.amir (he's a member here on VGU/GUN also). He makes excellent mods for gta4 and that got me more into pc gaming and eventually I invested in better components for my pc. Because of him, I got where I am now. I will start creating my own mods when I'm not as busy with school.
Back to top Go down
Pragmatic2012

Pragmatic2012

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 4:29 am

I use a lot of of mods and i think to myself 'how could this be improved' or 'what did the author miss' and then I will open notepad and let my imagination run wild.

As of now nothing actually exists (Need a new PC for that to happen), but when it does happen it would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:14 am

Fallout 3 was the first game I ever modded. Many mods produced by awesome modders in various communities completely enhanced my gameplay experience. It was then I started learning how to alter mods (such as Underground Hideout) for my personal use.

What really inspired me to start making mods for public consumption actually came from a character in another game. Specifically, Mr. Torgue in Borderlands 2. He, of course, likes to blow stuff up as I do. Besides, who can resist laughing at some of his commentary:

Mr. Torgue Voicebox:

Mr. Torgue Boring:

So, me being an evil bastard I am started thinking of ideas on how to cause a great deal of pain to other people's FO3/FO:NV characters that they have put a whole lot of time into. Hence, about a year ago I started work on my Traps mods. It has been a long journey and I have learned a lot. Hopefully I'll be able to release the mods soon when I catch-up on real-life stuff.

Patriot 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) 2133 @ 11-11-11-27
eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - O/S
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - Storage
Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply
Thermaltake Core X9 Chassis
Samsung UD590 3840 x 2160
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your modding inspiration?    Your modding inspiration?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your modding inspiration?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next