Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs marvel space boomers hunk mandalorian wolfenstein riot daryl ghoul Reforged commonwealth upgrades machine body Superpele FCOM khan Call money dead vault boom Ryse Gear Mask
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 3:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 6:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
sgtrock32

sgtrock32

Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 am

i think it would be cool if there was a group of companions based off of the filthy thirteen. They would be a group of Ex-NCR grunts who figure they could do more good doing operations independently against the Legion and raiders alike.
Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Images12
Back to top Go down
pwninronan

pwninronan

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 5:35 am

My dream mod for Fallout has always been Clementine from The Walking Dead: The Game adapted as a companion. There are a handful of child companions out there but the only one's I've seen done right are the one's that aren't voice-acted. For me, I can't have a companion that isn't voice-acted. Gets too lonely.

I really want Courier Six to have the option to have a child companion. It'd just be the perfect way to give the player a sense of responsibility. If someone just ripped Clementine's dialogue from the game and made her into a companion? That would just be so awesome. She's my favorite child character ever written - and it's gotta be relatively easy to do so.

Man... If someone brought that to life - I can't think of anything that would enhance my Fallout: New Vegas experience more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:01 am

pwninronan wrote:
and it's gotta be relatively easy to do so.

As someone who has made about 30 companions... allow me to tell you that it is not easy. :p

First you need to acquire and rig the meshes, and she'd have to be a custom race in order to lip sync her dialogue, which is a whole thing in and of itself.  Then you'd have to extract all her dialogue, sort through it and edit it as necessary, convert all the voice files you'll be using to both ogg and wav if they aren't already in one of those formats (ogg for actual in game voice, wav is for generating lip files).

Then you get to go into GECK and start building her dialogue (which can completely break the game if you aren't careful) and lip sync files, and then setting up the scripts and such to make her a functional companion.  Then of course comes the in-game testing, fine-tuning, etc.  

So yeah, not easy. closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
thesmallprint

thesmallprint

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:18 am

pwninronan wrote:
My dream mod for Fallout has always been Clementine from The Walking Dead: The Game adapted as a companion. There are a handful of child companions out there but the only one's I've seen done right are the one's that aren't voice-acted. For me, I can't have a companion that isn't voice-acted. Gets too lonely.

I really want Courier Six to have the option to have a child companion. It'd just be the perfect way to give the player a sense of responsibility. If someone just ripped Clementine's dialogue from the game and made her into a companion? That would just be so awesome. She's my favorite child character ever written - and it's gotta be relatively easy to do so.

Man... If someone brought that to life - I can't think of anything that would enhance my Fallout: New Vegas experience more.

Much as I love Clementine (see my avatar and DA page), I don't think that would be a good idea. TWD and TLoU were about avoiding danger as much as possible. Even when you go into Crawford, you only take Clem with you because you know you can't trust Ben to look after her, and it still makes me tense to take her, whereas in Fallout you pretty much go looking for trouble all the time. Having a child to look after would make it a completely different game.

I do agree though that you need characters with that kind of depth and believability. Fallout companions - even the best ones, tend to give you stupid frivolous tasks to do simply for the sake of advancing to the next stage of companionship. To me, they need to act like real people: have opinions about you, be pissed off with you sometimes or fall out (no pun intended), or have their own motivations, but still be someone you really _want_ to talk to. In Dragon Age, I enjoyed returning to camp after a mission as much as I did doing the mission,because I knew there'd be a bunch of new dialogue with my companions, and details like having them poking fun at each other or gossiping as you walked around are absolutely what made that game great. I want something like that for Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
CopperCobra

CopperCobra

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:17 am

i want a pagan min, or Vaas both of there insanity would fit perfectly in the chaotic world of fallout, that being said i wouldn't turn down a tiny tina companion for the very same reason. Or hellboy Id love to have that gaint red monkey following me making smart ass remarks every 30 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Halo7665

Halo7665

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:38 pm

I'd love to see Chris Redfied from RES and Ghost from MW2.

DimDim009

Character sheet
Name: Clark
Faction: BoS
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 pm

I would love to see Sam fisher from splinter cell, preferably during the double agent game, where he's bald. He looks badass in that one.

"Not to me. And not to any clone."
Back to top Go down
pwninronan

pwninronan

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:03 am

Tesvixen wrote:
pwninronan wrote:
and it's gotta be relatively easy to do so.

As someone who has made about 30 companions... allow me to tell you that it is not easy. :p

First you need to acquire and rig the meshes, and she'd have to be a custom race in order to lip sync her dialogue, which is a whole thing in and of itself.  Then you'd have to extract all her dialogue, sort through it and edit it as necessary, convert all the voice files you'll be using to both ogg and wav if they aren't already in one of those formats (ogg for actual in game voice, wav is for generating lip files).

Then you get to go into GECK and start building her dialogue (which can completely break the game if you aren't careful) and lip sync files, and then setting up the scripts and such to make her a functional companion.  Then of course comes the in-game testing, fine-tuning, etc.  

So yeah, not easy. closed eyes smile

Wow. I knew GECK was complicated but I never pegged it for rocket science. Now I understand why the majority of companion mods aren't voice-acted. I guess when I said that I was speaking more in terms of for an experienced modder - but you proved me wrong. I guess I shouldn't expect to see a downloadable Clem anytime soon, huh?
Back to top Go down
wave033

wave033

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:44 am

i would like to see ryu from street fighter

Last edited by wave033 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D00m

D00m

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:49 am

Jim Raynor,Tychus or a pre-Queen of Blades Kerrigan all from Starcraft 2.That would be so Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Nero9369

Nero9369

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:01 am

If I were to do a Cyber ninja play through I would want Jetstream Sam From Metal Gear Rising Dudes badass and witty.

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:20 am

I think Booker Dewitt from Bioshock: Infinite would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Judge Redd

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:16 am

Rusty Venture- A lot of reasons....Mostly being to hear him bitch and moan whenever we got into trouble.
Gray Fox....Because WHY NOT!?
Anyone ever play Jericho? The PS3 survival Horror game? Well there is a gunslinging priest in it, I think would be utter badass if done right.
Douglas Qwaid. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!!
Back to top Go down
GamerRaizen

GamerRaizen

Character sheet
Name: Marcus Adeyemi
Faction: Followers of the Apocalypse
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:33 am

Iroquois "Snake" Pliskin......because he's THE Solid Snake. I don't need to elaborate. He is SOLID SNAKE.

MorningCoffee
Back to top Go down
jaffa_5

jaffa_5

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:53 am

I would love to see gorden freeman as a companion. He would work as a silent companion as it was already done with Christine in dead money.

Back to top Go down
bloodshot79

bloodshot79

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:00 am

I would love to have captain price as my companion that dude is one bad ass.
Back to top Go down
rcaohm

rcaohm

Character sheet
Name: Someone...
Faction: Nobody
Level: 0

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:13 pm

I would like an anthropomorphic animal robot to be my companion.
Like this guy.
This Guy:
Back to top Go down
jaffa_5

jaffa_5

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 7:52 pm

ZeroParticle wrote:
As for companions, Catwoman from the Arkham series.

Catwoman would be great. I think Halie quinn would be better though. imagin having her following you round calling you puddin'.

Back to top Go down
Tuckerthecatfish

Tuckerthecatfish

Character sheet
Name: King C of FI
Faction: The Kingz of FI
Level: 060

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:16 pm

Bear man he has a axe part bear part man bear man.

ZorkyTheDude

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:29 pm

thebabyjebus wrote:
Bear man he has a axe part bear part man bear man.

He's the man who lives in the woods!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion   Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see in Fallout as a companion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next