Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel daryl wolfenstein money body commonwealth Gear dead riot Overhaul ghoul FCOM Ryse boomers mandalorian hunk boom vault khan Call Armor Superpele Reforged Mask machine NPCs
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Meno Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby gavin gold Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:42 am

» Hello from nexus
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:06 am

» The Next fallout
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Evmeister Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Bset Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 pm

» Late Introduction
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:29 am

» Greetings!
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Empty
PostSubject: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 8:40 am

So after OWB it's Implied the courier was to return to the Big MT, do you think he'd later make contact with the Institute (Willing or Unwilling) as the institute seems to have near infinite resources it would seem reasonable that they had previously or would make contact with the Think-Tank either for trade or maybe confiscation of powerful technology, what do y'all think?

possible theories for institute tech that's similar to the think tank tech?

Last edited by Kaiser Atlas on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 10:08 am

I doubt the Institute headed west, it seems as though they barely have much of a presence in the Commonwealth as it is. It doesn't seem like they have even headed into the Capital Wasteland much at all so I doubt they would be in Nevada.

As for the Courier, I believe he returned to Big MT as implied by OWB. However, I do think that depending on the choice the Courier made at the end of NV would ultimately decide what happened to him.

If they chose the NCR, I think the NCR would eventually try to overtake Big MT as they did Helios One.

Legion would have similar effect as well, but they would probably seek to destroy Big MT and the think tank.

House and No Gods, No Masters seems like the only ending in which an eventual meeting with the Institute would be realistic and it would be as you said, the Courier making contact with the Institute.

Unless it's my courier, who through TTW is a member of the East Coast BOS and heads to the Commonwealth in Fallout 4 with the BOS  Banana Dance

Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 2:03 am

@Tribal Raven true, i definitely agree with your faction ending dependent result, and as the independent ending is largely considered canon, i'd like to imagine some form of communication, wether it'd be a holotapeir maybe a transmission, like how mobius contacts the think tank, as they might not a have necessarily made physical contact, as like you said they wouldn't go that far into nevada or even at all, but we are talking about the (known) leading powers when it comes to tech in the remnants of america, and if not the institute? what about the B.O.S. surely they'd hear rumors of a crater filled with mindless drones and unimaginable tech, they'd be somewhat interested, that's if they didn't dismiss it as a wasteland myth.

Back to top Go down
Enclave11

Enclave11

Character sheet
Name: Colonel Autumn
Faction: Enclave
Level: 80

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 2:26 am

It's not a fact that the courier will let them in even if they get there and all why the courier by the cannon seized the Vegas and any other factions he does not need, and yes he has the brain center himself and there's all these doctors I will not list, and as the big mountain is more dangerous there are any rotors of the institute, so that a large mountain will easily destroy the institute and make of them lobotomite.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 9:33 am

Presumably that would be the outcome of conflict, yes, but there's also the possibility I mentioned earlier that is wasn't contact with aggressive intentions, but with intentions of trading technology or knowledge. Or even contact like mobius using the large screen in the think tank to send a transmission.

Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

Kaiser Atlas wrote:
@Tribal Raven true, i definitely agree with your faction ending dependent result, and as the independent ending is largely considered canon, i'd like to imagine some form of communication, wether it'd be a holotapeir maybe a transmission, like how mobius contacts the think tank, as they might not a have necessarily made physical contact, as like you said they wouldn't go that far into nevada or even at all, but we are talking about the (known) leading powers when it comes to tech in the remnants of america, and if not the institute? what about the B.O.S. surely they'd hear rumors of a crater filled with mindless drones and unimaginable tech, they'd be somewhat interested, that's if they didn't dismiss it as a wasteland myth.

I think the issue with the BOS comes down to numbers and wars to fight. On the west coast, the BOS has to contend with the NCR and they got their asses kicked at Helios One, so much so that the Mojave Chapter is driven underground. I doubt that if they took Big MT they would be able to hold it, they simply don't have enough soldiers and supplies to fight off either the NCR, Legion or House's Securitrons (which I think House would most definitely try to take Big MT should he win Hoover Dam)

As for the East Coast BOS, providing they won the war with the Institute and stabilized the Commonwealth, I do think I could see them heading west again as we know Maxson is very much in the same boat as the WC BOS so he would try to get the tech anywhere he could find, BUT that requires the BOS taking on Caesar's Legion in Nevada or Arizona.

Great thoughts on it all Kaiser

The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Tribal Raven wrote:
Kaiser Atlas wrote:
@Tribal Raven I do think I could see them heading west again as we know Maxson is very much in the same boat as the WC BOS

-Off topic, some thoughts, just ignore if you want to stick to the topic.

Now that i think about it, Maxson could actually take over the west coast BoS, since he's "royalty" the last descendant from Roger Maxson, a pre war soldier and founder of the Brotherhood Of Steel, even so the BoS are the US Army Remnants as the Enclave are the Government(plus some army and air force) Remnants. Also think about Randall Clarke, what would happen if he settled in one place, find more post war wandering soldiers and people he would had been a great leader from a powerful and interesting rising faction, given by his kind yet righteous nature (and vengeful towards the wasteland scum) The Survivalist.
The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Giphy
Cool.

(Btw guys, check my Fallout meme compilation post! i'll be making more updates to it, i's on the dumping grounds)

Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 pm

@Tribal Raven @ElMaldito providing the battle for the commonwealth and it's outcome is that the B.O.S. won then it would be interesting to see a B.O.S. that could teleport (scavenged institute tech?) and had much more advanced custom made post-war power armor, the x-04 or some shit, take on an independent vegas ran by the courier with his securitrons robo-scorpions, lobotomites and whatever else, sadly that wont happen as bringing a protagonist back as a character is a big no no for bethesda and their ''you are the player, you decide his/her path gimmick''

Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 pm

I agree but i doubt it will happen, or at least it shouldn't happen! The BOS is so overdone it's ridiculous...

loneheart9

loneheart9

Character sheet
Name: Matteo
Faction: Merc
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 11:02 pm

I'd dread to think what a war between Big.mt and the Institute would look like if they decided to go head to head.

I'd imagine the Institute would have the upper hand tho. They have teleportation and a seemingly endless supply of Synths. But on the other hand, Big.mt has endless Robo-scorpions and lots of Pulse tech which could easily disable them.

(and of course, Big.mt has the Toaster of death. All appliances fear him...)
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 6:34 am

The Fallout franchise is going to be around for a long time. Eventually we're going to see East vs. West, although it may be a long time with Bethesda's apparent reluctance. Roboscorpions scared me more in a firefight than typical synths and I'm not impressed by institute blue lasers.

Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 7:31 am

@loneheart9 war between Big M.T. and the Institute would lead to new wasteland to explore The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) 1f602

Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 am

@loneheart9 The think tank has teleportation tech too.

Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 am

I'm getting distracted, whoops, but back on track, what about a scenario that doesn't involve conflict? what of an institute with Big M.T. tech? they could have annihilated Liberty Prime with an EMP bombardment or something along those lines, sole survivor involved or not. or synths equiped with emp weaponry absolutely destroying the brotherhoods armors, access to the brightest minds of the Old World for help in creating more advanced synths and technology

Back to top Go down
Dextrose

Dextrose

Character sheet
Name: Dexter
Faction: The Institute
Level: Model of Apathy

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 4:32 am

if the Think Tank and Institute got along without conflict the possibilities for improving the wasteland(s) would almost be endless, hell they could easily wind up terraforming the earth again. imagine all that tech, those scientists, PLUS all of that firepower and on a light-hearted note, humor! imagine how the scientists of the Institute would react to the Think Tank and how they describe toes (among other things); a bit of laughter instead of everything being so serious might brighten spirits and inspire new ideas/creativity

[icon by Apriorii]
Back to top Go down
https://www.nexusmods.com/users/11871608
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 1:42 am

@Dextrose filthy penis appendages all over their laboratory!! they'd probably dislike synths at the think-tank though,

Back to top Go down
Wergon

Wergon

Character sheet
Name: Killian
Faction: Nocturne
Level: Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 2:33 am

I think that the Think Tank scientists, are Institute rogues. But it only a theory, maybe they was a lone group of scientists which have not affialiated to anyone.

The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) NBgFzcg

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demise.star
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 2:46 am

@Star Did you played OWB? Cause there's no chance that the think tank scientists are Rogue Institute, they're(as a whole) a pre war company employed by the US government to research and develop new technologies mainly to win the war (along with west tek) they put their brains into machines to last longer.

Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 10:41 am

@The Rabid Dog maybe some lobotomites are gen 3 synths and that's why the process killed them, they weren't made for a lobotomy

Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 7:01 am

If all the tech factions of fallout stopped fighting and worked together, we'd get a very, very weird combination of a utopia and a dystopia.
The Shi, the Enclave (assuming enough of them survived to pass on what they know), BigMt, the Institute, and even the Khans for their drug know-how. And House and his space-faring plans, in the case of a New Vegas victory. Maybe some Hubologists in San Fran are still around who know something about space ships too (I don't recall if all of them boarded the space ship in the end.)
I mean, there's no way all those factions could ever hope to work together, but if they did... or if their tech and skill were somehow consolidated under one conquering faction.

The BOS and Enclave were really painted to be dead and dying factions after fallout 2 if I recall. I sort of wish they'd been left that way, rather than appearing everywhere as super powers. Frankly I'm amazed the Enclave weren't dominating in fallout 4.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)   The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Courier, The Think-Tank and The Institute. (Theory)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next