Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers boom FCOM Call space money riot ghoul Reforged wolfenstein machine Superpele mandalorian upgrades khan Mask Gear body dead marvel vault daryl hunk Ryse commonwealth NPCs
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
An introduction after a few years of silently modding Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

An introduction after a few years of silently modding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aest

aest

An introduction after a few years of silently modding Empty
PostSubject: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:32 am

Hey there everyone! I'm Max, someone who has been a mod enthusiast for quite a while who has never really been a big part of the community. I unfortunately have no skills as it comes to modding and I've always kept to myself because I can't really do much. That being said, I've gotten to see a lot of you guys and I'm a huge fan and have decided to try and be a real part of the community. As I said before, I have no real skills and I'm on a not-so-great computer. However, I love to write and it'd be great to really socialize with all of the lovely people on this forum! After reading about being an anonymous user being contrary to what modders are looking for, I want to try and give as much feedback and show you the inspiration you people create in the heads of people like me, who use video games as a muse for their writing and just to have fun.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:55 am

Hey aest welcome to the community!

No worries about not knowing anything on how to mod, we all start somewhere! You can even ask Dazzerfong and see how far I came in modding over the years. I learned a lot from this community. Before long I'm sure you would able to understand the basics of modding :p

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to send me a pm! Other than that enjoy your stay!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:12 am

welcome, Max Very Happy
glad to have you here
if you write, check out our literature subforum
we have some fan-fiction submissions there already
for everything else, i'm sure you'll find your way around
but if not, feel free to ask

best regards,
DVAted

Back to top Go down
roflcopter117
Admin
roflcopter117

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:12 am

Welcome to VGU Network! I hope you enjoy your stay.
Back to top Go down
hitman47101

hitman47101

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:16 am

welcome aest!

I just like you a little while ago, i just lucked form the shadows and i only modded for myself, however the great
communality here inspired me to try to be an active and useful member.

I find that taking apart other peoples mods to see how they work is by far the best way to learn how to mod, at least when it comes to scripting and how to implement objects in game.

Anyway its nice to meet you and i hope you enjoy your time here!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
TheGreatXyz

TheGreatXyz

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Welcome, I hope you enjoy the forums and the modding.
Back to top Go down
Brigand231

Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Hey Max, welcome!

Don't sweat lacking skills, you'll pick 'em up as you need 'em; especially if you want to start taking pictures of what you write. That's what really got me into wanting to make things. Still not where I ultimately want to be, but getting there little by little.

Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Welcome Max! Glad to have you here!

OlgaK

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 2:46 am

Hi Max! Glad you joined us!
I really can relate with the last things you wrote in the post, that's something very true for me as well. Some mods, even a simple armor, inspired me in developing some personal little quests that I've really enjoyed and also for my writing (just a hobby) because of that. :-)
No worries about the modding skills, as someone already said, we all start somewhere. Me too I'm a beginner but this awesome place is about people enjoying the same passion first, no need to be an expert or something.
Enjoy your stay and welcome!

aest

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 3:16 am

Wow, its honestly a bit overwhelming that this community has been so welcoming to me. I mean, I know you guys are some of the most friendly people I've seen but its quite inspiring that some people I've held so highly in my mind are here, now, welcoming me with open arms. All I can say is that you guys truly have my thanks and this has inspired me to continue modding amateurly to produce something for you guys to show all of the inspiration you guys have given me in the past in my writing and also helping me truly customize my experience in a game that I consider my muse. Thank you all so much and I can't wait to share experiences with you all!

Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 5:39 am

Oh, don't worry about having a not-so-good computer. Hell, I don't have a video card and I'm still capable of modding (mostly)!

PostSubject: Re: An introduction after a few years of silently modding   An introduction after a few years of silently modding Empty

Back to top Go down

An introduction after a few years of silently modding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1