Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl NPCs vault Mask marvel ghoul hunk boom Call machine mandalorian dead commonwealth Gear wolfenstein Superpele boomers FCOM Reforged Ryse money space riot body upgrades khan
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
FO4 Favourite Senttlement Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FO4 Favourite Senttlement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ramsey

ramsey

FO4 Favourite Senttlement Empty
PostSubject: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 3:16 pm

So, that's it, what is your favourite Vanilla or DLC senttlement from Fallout 4? Do you like to build? to make them their own home?

For craft a home to the character, I choose the coastal cotage in the north-east of the map Very Happy

For build a city I like to use for example County Crosing or Sanctuary
Back to top Go down
Dmitri2033

Dmitri2033

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Personally I prefer Sanctuary, closely followed by The Castle. Yes, I do rely on the Minutemen.

I take Sanctuary as like... a base camp. Like my sole survivor, which is anything from a Russian soldier to an Imperial shoretrooper entering the Commonwealth, uses it as a starting base to the rest of the area. It grows from a simple settlement into a full-on military installation of sorts with artillery batteries and guard towers and shit. It also connects to Red Rocket, which is like the forward checkpoint, and Vault 111, which is an artillery observation hill and a sort of sniper nest overlooking sanctuary.

The Castle, which I never really fully complete, would be the good ‘ol main base of Minuteman operations, as it should be. All the troops stationed there are minutemen, with the walls fixed with a sally port sort of thing on the side where the wall was collapsed, near the wooden doors out. The hack further down the road and the diner where you meet the minuteman team are checkpoints.

All these areas are lighted up by 1800s-esque street lamps, since I use the darker nights thing.

By the by, all my settlements are surrounded by earthworks-and-sandbag walls, and have at least 6 artillery pieces in them, which with the angry artillery and some other artillery mod, as well as a flare gun firing artie smoke flares, make for awesome over-gammas and many dead enemies
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Sanctuary and the Drive-In. They have the most potential. The Castle would be nice if the walls weren't destroyed. The airport had potential, but they limited you to a very small section which can barely house a significant number of people. Teplines Bluff didn't have enough flat area and was on a cliff. The Red Rocket was too small. County Crossing was ok, but small.

Sanctuary was obviously meant to be the main settlement to build on so it's got the most flexability, but the lack of being able to scrap most buildings limited what you could build. The Drive-In had tons of flat area so it had the most potential, but a lack of water.

This is just without the option of mods. If mods are involved, most settlements are viable. With mods, I'd add the Castle in with the Sanctuary and the Drive-In.
Back to top Go down
ramsey

ramsey

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:12 am

Yeah that's true, Sanctuary is created to be your base of opetations at last, at the beginning of the game, I always used that place... I sopose that's the effect they wanted to give to it. I don t remember Drive-in right now I ll check it. Boston Airport is... well right now the vanilla boston airport senttlement is pretty useless Sad and Minutmen castle has lots of mods to fix it but I think that is a fail from vanilla, why the base of the minutmen is so empty and destroyed? Sad
Back to top Go down
Diegonom

Diegonom

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 8:27 pm

By far Starlight is my favorite settlement to build in, its huge and the flattest ground out of all the settlements and it can be a used as a trade center hub. Abernathy has a pretty decent plot of land to work with and I was able to build a decent size city there. Spectacle isnt so bad, its hills make it difficult to build on but the size of the buildable area makes it nice for big settlement projects.

Here's some of my settlements I've made:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 pm

I like Vault 88 a lot, though I certainly don't enjoy having to clear out the inside of it. Are there any mods that you all know of that fix that?
Back to top Go down
ramsey

ramsey

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Diegonom wrote:
By far Starlight is my favorite settlement to build in, its huge and the flattest ground out of all the settlements and it can be a used as a trade center hub. Abernathy has a pretty decent plot of land to work with and I was able to build a decent size city there. Spectacle isnt so bad, its hills make it difficult to build on but the size of the buildable area makes it nice for big settlement projects.

Here's some of my settlements I've made:

I did in my last game a big base in Spectacle island, is too big, but, some bugs appeared about the settlers.
Starligh is good but, I see that senttlement unprotected Sad

About Vault 88 is great yes, is the senttlement where I spend more hours of game, explore it is like a huge quest and I know mods to make the dlc better but none tu clean the inside sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Hunter Jouany

Hunter Jouany

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 5:58 pm

For me, my favorite settlement is Sanctuary and i like Spectacle Island ^^ Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
acostsan

acostsan

Character sheet
Name: Cross
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel
Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 4:10 pm

My personal favourite is Spectacle island,i think its one of the biggest,and with mods you can build everything you want.I highly recomend it.
Back to top Go down
ramsey

ramsey

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 4:07 pm

acostsan wrote:
My personal favourite is Spectacle island,i think its one of the biggest,and with mods you can build everything you want.I highly recomend it.

Is extremely big TongueTril but if you recieve an attack on there, it can be a little shit because too much island to cover it fast haha
Back to top Go down
freedomobile

freedomobile

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 5:15 pm

It's a four way tie for me with Sanctuary/The Castle/Boston Airport/Vault 88

I use lots of mods (obviously) but I use ones that expand the build areas for the airport and castle, which help with these a lot! Almost always side with the Brotherhood

Sanctuary- usually make it into a large city with 60+ settlers, lots of shops, farming, docks and fishing stuff. The streets and layout of a small community really lend itself to that and I generally try to wall in some portions and it can be 'fairly' wall friendly.

The Castle- tend to build it out as a pretty well built garrison/embassy/administration where traders and citizens of the commonwealth can come and trade, air grievances, enlist in the Brotherhood or provide information, report crimes or Institute or Railroad movements and activity, etc.

Boston Airport- make it into a fully defensible Forward Operating Base with staging areas, billeting, supply, manufacturing, repair facilities, command and communication assets, etc.

Vault 88- Pretty much always make this my end game objective to establish a permanent presence for the Brotherhood in the Commonwealth. I do my best to make it into a fully independent and self sufficient facility,
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Probably any of the Far Harbor settlements. They look great when you put in the time, but they always look post apocalyptic and creepy.

Back to top Go down
AgentChaos

AgentChaos

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 7:49 pm

@"Diegonom" Damn amazing builds man. I suck so much at creative stuff so I juse use sim settlements. XD
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Starlight Drive-in has this big open space in the middle which is perfect for settlement building(with a little cleaning up and setting of foundations of course).

You could also use the projector screen as a sniper's nest because of the awesome coverage.

Same goes for The Slog, you could use the building there like a gate/guard house then create the town proper around the pool. Maybe extend the town above the building for that shanty town feel.

Hangman's Alley and Red Rocket Truck Stop has its charm and is perfect if you want to create that compact shanty town.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
Riddell26

Riddell26

Character sheet
Name: Commander Doom
Faction: Grand Army of The Republic
Level: 0-3

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Hands down Spectacle Island is my favorite. I turned the whole Island into a military base complete with an airtstrip.

My second would have to be Starlight Drive-In its a great open space to build a trading post I use it as my central settlement for the caravans.

"They grow up loyal to the Republic, or they don't grow up at all."
―Alpha-17
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Favourite Senttlement   FO4 Favourite Senttlement Empty

Back to top Go down

FO4 Favourite Senttlement

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1