Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse FCOM space boomers daryl wolfenstein NPCs money mandalorian commonwealth Call marvel riot Reforged upgrades vault ghoul khan Gear Superpele hunk machine boom Mask body dead
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 1:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 11:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 11:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 11:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:29 am

» Greetings!
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:01 am

» hi i'm new person
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:37 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which deathclaw model do you prefer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 9:25 am

FO3/FNV definitely got it right. I don't know, while the design choice is "not bad" per se in FO4, I just can't take it seriously at the same time as "the" Deathclaw. More of a branch and variant, much like the Albino Deathclaw maybe. Hulking Deathclaw could be a name for it, but for an ordinary Deathclaw..yeah, the former did it better. And perhaps difficulty management may have something to do with that impression as well.

When dealing with your first Deathclaw, it's design and it's power are one in the same. You just know not to do anything stupid, especially when dealing with a pack of them because you know what the consequence will be. If they come off feeling like they've been watered down by comparison in FO4, well..that will leave it's impact to as the lesser both in design and power, because, yeah..like I said - when you think Deathclaw, both aspects become one.

Redmaus

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 5:28 am

Fallout 3 looks much better, looks super scary fallout 4 just looks silly with the huge horns.
Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 6:42 am

@Redmaus lmao dude i love your avatar closed eyes smile, though i would change F4 for Skyrim.

Redmaus

Redmaus

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 4:46 pm

Yeah I love toddposting, got more but I can't post links
Back to top Go down
yarknot

yarknot

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm

I have to say that I think they did very excellent with the design in Fallout 4, in the words of MxR it's "aesthetic as fuuuaccckkk" overall I believe most creature design in Fallout 4 was amazing, especially the robots. However I agree they missed the mark with the original designs, which I can't entirely blame them for. I can understand that after two decades they could choose to change the designs a bit, and for some it works, but with the deathclaw it wasn't quite the same creature to me.

Also unrelated to the topic but my biggest complaint with Fallout 4 is the feral ghouls. I know I litterally just said I loved most of the creature design from Fallout 4 but the feral ghouls are the exception. I actually love the NPC ghouls they kind of look like ghouls from past games at least, but the feral ghouls look like over-hydrated sagging turds that tweak the hell out.
Back to top Go down
Alckatras

Alckatras

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Even though New Vegas is by far my favorite in the series, I really liked the Deathclaws in 4. Wasn't a fan of the Fallout 1/2 models, but maybe it's just the animation in 4 spoiling me like others are saying.
Back to top Go down
Tabris

Tabris

Character sheet
Name: Tabris
Faction: Followers of The Apocalypse
Level: 47

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Well... The original Deathclaw actually used assets they made for a D&D Tarrasque but never actually used in a game before. So i would guess it would look like a Tarrasque but much smaller (The Tarrasque is a enormous Godzilla-like creature in D&D)

First image below is a old-school tarrasque, which is probably the look they were going for in the original game while the second is a more modern early 2000s representation.

Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Latest?cb=20150302142203Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 350?cb=20070925223708

Personally i think the F4 version looks too much like some sort of fantasy demon, even though the Deathclaw's origins come from fantasy i preffer it looking monstrous but not super natural in nature.
Back to top Go down
commissar197

commissar197

Character sheet
Name: Mikalov Ybma
Faction: Minuteman Empire
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 4:00 pm

God I still remember being a kid seeing the Fo3 Deathclaw somewhere in the hills and not knowing what the hell it was until it tore me apart in a swipe, they always inspired fear in me, but for some reason the Fallout 4 ones just seem more like a nuisance, probably having to do with Fo4 giving you power armor and a minigun to easily wipe it out right off the get go.

Tabris

Tabris

Character sheet
Name: Tabris
Faction: Followers of The Apocalypse
Level: 47

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 4:03 pm

commissar197 wrote:
God I still remember being a kid seeing the Fo3 Deathclaw  somewhere in the hills and not knowing what the hell it was until it tore me apart in a swipe, they always inspired fear in me, but for some reason the Fallout 4 ones just seem more like a nuisance, probably having to do with Fo4 giving you power armor and a minigun to easily wipe it out right off the get go.
I agree. Imho it was a huuuuge mistake to have a deathclaw so early in the game. I understand they were trying to make it into a power fantasy but a huge part of RPGs is the feeling of progression. If you don't have some enemies that can wipe the floor with your lvl 1 character here and there the play has nothing to look to as a goal to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Redmaus

Redmaus

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Tabris wrote:

I agree. Imho it was a huuuuge mistake to have a deathclaw so early in the game. I understand they were trying to make it into a power fantasy but a huge part of RPGs is the feeling of progression. If you don't have some enemies that can wipe the floor with your lvl 1 character here and there the play has nothing to look to as a goal to achieve.

Most of Fallout 4 was a huge mistake. I remember finally being able to use power armor in FO3 and receive the power armor training perk during the main quest and it felt so satisfying. You really EARNED it.
Back to top Go down
iakeem

iakeem

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 6:10 pm

I think all of the deathclaws are done well for the atmospheres they live in things are bigger and much more detailed in Fallout 4 due to tech upgrades so it matches that games aesthetic while Fallout 3 ones are more compact and fit better its good to have variation so when you get bored / tired of one you can switch to a different perspective while still being in the Fallout Universe
Back to top Go down
Tapper

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:34 am

Tabris wrote:
commissar197 wrote:
God I still remember being a kid seeing the Fo3 Deathclaw  somewhere in the hills and not knowing what the hell it was until it tore me apart in a swipe, they always inspired fear in me, but for some reason the Fallout 4 ones just seem more like a nuisance, probably having to do with Fo4 giving you power armor and a minigun to easily wipe it out right off the get go.

This was my reasoning as well. I prefer the FO3/FNV deathclaws and the variations in the deathclaws in FNV was a nice touch, even as a useful resource for FO3. =)
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:14 am

I find both to be super goofy and have to say that of the two I prefer the f4 one , because I find it to be more looking like a demon which is what I imagine when I think about deathclaws Very Happy
Back to top Go down
acostsan

acostsan

Character sheet
Name: Cross
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel
Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:17 am

Fallout 3 & NV has the original "skin" from fallout 1 & 2 and they are deadly as hell. I remember how the kicked my ass in Fallout 3. When I play fallout 4 i just feel like they are weak as hell,you even get to kill one in the first hour of the game!And the design looks new which isnt bad,but i rather have the original.
(i want talking intelligent deathclaws again pls)
Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:29 am

Fallout 4's Deathclaw. Not as fast as the Deathclaws in 3/NV, but it's everything I imagine a hulking death lizard with razor sharp claws the size of swords to be.

Primus_Daibhidh

Character sheet
Name: Daibhidh of Salopia
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 4:01 am

Fallout 4 ^, just wish they were more numerous, tougher or faster, as while they look cooler, they are so much weaker

Back to top Go down
Enclave11

Enclave11

Character sheet
Name: Colonel Autumn
Faction: Enclave
Level: 80

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 2:14 am

I like ghouls and claws from fallout NV.
Back to top Go down
Shuyin Kojima

Shuyin Kojima

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:53 am

Although I really do like the model for the Fo4 variants, I have to give it up to the ones in Fo3/NV. They were terrifying to go up against if you didn’t know what you were doing and there presence always instilled fear in me. I remember my first time in Fo3 I had to use the dart gun to get an advantage. Else it would just wipe the floor with me.

WarfareChild53

Character sheet
Name: Monster of The West
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 7:18 am

Deathclaws in FO3/NV were for sure terrifying the way their bodies were built for speed and seeing the huge claws on the hands and feet just screams death at first sight. I never really felt the same way in Fallout 4 since they crawl now.

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 1:20 pm

I prefer the Fallout 4 Deathclaw models over the previous game. I'm actually using the models from Drags commonwealth mod in FNV, and so you get the best of both worlds.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which deathclaw model do you prefer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next