Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear NPCs hunk FCOM khan Mask Ryse body Call commonwealth riot money upgrades Reforged daryl marvel machine boom ghoul mandalorian Superpele wolfenstein vault space boomers dead
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which deathclaw model do you prefer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Prosp3ro

Prosp3ro

Character sheet
Name: Laufer
Faction: 87th Tribe
Level: Spiritual

Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 am

Which deathclaw model do you prefer? F3/NV or F4?
Personnally I am not fond of the massive dinosaur-shaped deathclaw of F4... For me the deathclaw is a thin and flexible creature. Thanks to these attributes, it is fast, discreet and lethal. In my opinion, the F4 version is a spectacular caricature.
Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 1:42 pm

I Agree with you, besides, the F3/NV is more lethal and loyal to the original disign, the F4 one maybe look "cool" or "intimidating" but is a weak pussy compared to the two predecessors.

Edit: 
To whoever the fuck gave me -rep lol:

Last edited by ElMaldito on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prosp3ro

Prosp3ro

Character sheet
Name: Laufer
Faction: 87th Tribe
Level: Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 2:05 pm

And Vanilla animations are quite cool in FNV!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 2:20 pm

I never played the originals, but the deathclaw models were pretty intimidating, while 3/NV and 4's deathclaws look more like dragons or something.

Obviously Fallout 5 isn't going to use those deathclaws as inspiration though so I'd say out of the two I'd prefer 4's dragons deathclaws to come back.
Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 5:07 pm

@Corvo  Well, the originals and 3/NV are pretty the same 
Spoiler:

Fallout 4 Deathclaws are more like Dragons.

@Prosp3ro   Yeah that's pretty cool, when you see a non hostile deathclaw he will sharp his claws and scratch his teeth.

Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 6:15 pm

@ElMaldito What? They look nothing like each other. Look at the eyes and horns of the picture I linked in comparison to the 3/NV models. The 3/NV models look MUCH more like the 4 models.
Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 6:26 pm

@Corvo The image that you attached was from Fallout 1 Manual, the images that i showed are actually in-game Deathclaws, if you don't believe me(you said you have never played the originals, i did) look at this.

This is a clay model deathclaw from the originals.
Spoiler:

And this is a Deathclaw from one of the Fallout 2 Endings.
Spoiler:

Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm

3/NV deatchlaws. They looked far more terrifying. 4 had smoother animations that looked more fluid though. Slap those on 3/NV's and they'd be unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Im the same with a lot of you; FO3 and FNV Deathclaw models look more terrifying than the new one because the FO3 and FNV Deathclaws look more demonic than Fallout 4's dinosaur.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 3:21 am

See i like the FO4 model and i do think they made a great deathclaw but, you end up figuring out it isn't that scary to fight them because you become overpowered any way with a huge minigun early on. They never pose a challenge after that. I didn't really like the model deathclaw for FO3/FNV but, they were bullet sponges/the scariest things you never want to encounter. I wish they let it be where you had a reason to avoid areas because deathclaws were literally unkillable.

matticus4205

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:02 am

I remember when you first get to Quarry Junction and the head miner warns you that Deathclaws made a nest in the area I damn near pissed myself. I mean one was a pretty decent fight but a fucking nest?!?!? I waited till I was a higher level, had an anti material rifle and explosive rounds before even attempting to clear that place out.

Encountered the first Deathclaw in Concord, held down the trigger of that minigun and felt robbed....

I mean yeah some the other variants that you encounter in the Commonwealth can be a bit dicey at first but then you remembered Power Armor is OP and you could just win with a minigun or gatling laser.

If they just improved on the model from NV and kept the same characteristics I think the Deathclaws in the CW would be the stuff of nightmares.

Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:06 am

I like the Deathclaws bulky like they are in Fallout and Fallout 2, but at the same time the claws need to be the most prominent detail about them, so Fallout 4 missed the mark a little for me, by making their horns so big. Then again, you can argue that every region has a different variation on the Deathclaw. I haven't played it (because my laptop crashes EVERY TIME) but the Deathclaws in Fallout Tactics are supposedly a slightly differently evolved variation on the west coast versions. More mammalian in nature with more fur.

New Vegas did it best for me where there were notable differences between the generations and varieties, while being less gimmicky than Fallout 4's (Quantum Deathclaws, Chameleon Deathclaws, Albino Deathclaws etc.) I'm not averse to whackier deathclaw stuff but I do feel Fallout 4 is a bit half-arsed about it. Go all out and have talking deathclaws or flying deathclaws or whatever. It'd be silly but hey this is the series with characters like Barton Thorn Skeptic

Even more variety in New Vegas would be nice. If I ever get back to it, I'd love for the Legendary Deathclaws to look more like the Fallout 4 Savage or Alpha Deathclaws. Has anyone done differently-textured Deathclaws for Lonesome Road? Maybe make their skin look more wind-scarred like the Marked Mens', or maybe their hides are toughened?

Which deathclaw model do you prefer? GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 5:21 am

I personally like the design of Fallout 4's deathclaw but I have to agree the one from F3and NV look more like a stuff from nightmares than 4's variant. I mean the first encounter usually ends in a futile attempt to NOPE the hell away. If 4's variant was made a lot more scarier than it would be a huge improvement. The first encounter in 4 with the PA really is a dissapointment but if you end up going for a non PA they still remain a challenge. Personally I get more a DOOM based demon vibe from the the F4 deathclaws while they do look more lizard-like. 

I can agree with @Visible Earth that there are different variations to be found across the globe. If you look at the hairy deathclaws, they look more like hairy rhino's than like the regular deathclaws. Albino and Chameleon deathclaws where already a thing in a previous games so not all that odd. There are even intelligent deathclaws, while they don't really speak they can mimic the human speech like a parrot can.
Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 am

@William Lionheart Heh, I'd forgotten that Goris was an albino. That'll explain the big hooded cloak he wears, protection against the sun and all that (well, that and it helps going around human towns without looking like a Deathclaw).

Speaking of Goris, I recall there being some discussion about a mod bringing him to the Mojave Wasteland. Along with a quest and all that. Could be a fun love letter to the whackier elements of Fallout 2 (Hell, could even comment on the gloriously silly variety of Deathclaws). Goris: "The deathclaws on the east coast? Eh, they're a little too horny for my tastes."

Which deathclaw model do you prefer? GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
weintraub

weintraub

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 1:00 pm

I think I prefer the model in 4, to be honest. I wish they dialed back on the horns a little bit, since I think their heads look a bit too much like a dragon. I really like the ones in the original Fallout games, but I find their hands are way too large to be realistic (although define realistic in a game where a kid can survive by living in a fridge for 200 years -_-)

@"William Lionheart" You make a good point about them resembling something out of Doom. I wonder if whoever worked on it took some inspiration from that game - the art styles actually seem relatively similar, now that I think about it, and they would have been produced near enough to each other.

Comparison:
Back to top Go down
Implying

Implying

Character sheet
Name: Have a few of these
Faction: Vile Race
Level: Can't be measured

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:53 pm

3/NV For me, the ones in 4 look quite silly personally, and just look like fat angry lizard people, I don't get that vibe in 3/NV, feel much more frightened when they run at me.

Also nothing beats spook factor of the Mother and Alpha Male Deathclaws:
Mother::
Alpha Male::
Back to top Go down
pecos1

pecos1

Character sheet
Name: Mean Sonofagun
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: Super Mutant Legionary

PostSubject: F4 Model   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 2:56 am

I personally prefer the fallout 4 model for the deathclaw mostly because the older ones don't look as cool to me and they look a little too plastic-like for me. (Like if they were from a 90's horror film)

The design for the F4 deathclaws is also pretty detailed and cool looking. They give a menacing and threatening feel. The models for F4 deathclaws just overall look very good and do their job of being some of the toughest, scariest, most vicious monsters in all the wasteland. They are also an intense and adrenaline-pumping to fight. Machine Gunner

Though on a scary-wise scale, I would have to make the FNV deathclaws my fav. The ghoulish, withered look of the older models is pretty freaky to me and has me being more tense and scared when fighting them. Especially when they get close or take you by suprise. Dinosaur Chase

With graphical mods and/or Nevada Skies, those original deathclaws would be deadly scary anywhere (especially in the dark areas 0_0)
Back to top Go down
Mightyrod90

Mightyrod90

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 1:53 pm

FO3-FONV They have it all the perfect blend of speed and power in appearance I love the different verity's in FONV I agree with the mother been the scariest I feel the FO4 Deathclaws are a bit to big even clumsy looking
Back to top Go down
MotionlessGhost

MotionlessGhost

Character sheet
Name: Evelyn
Faction: Vault 76
Level: 110

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 5:41 pm

I would say I prefer the Fallout 4 ones, I use a mod that replaces the New Vegas ones with them. But to be honest I think the New Vegas/3 ones looked more terrifying and intimidating. This might be because they are more powerful than their Fallout 4 counterparts, now that I think about it. Because in 4 they are pushovers in comparison.

Which deathclaw model do you prefer? 2UdjtkR
Back to top Go down
kylorenismat

kylorenismat

Character sheet
Name: Kylo ren
Faction: Knights of Ren
Level: Supreme leader

PostSubject: fallout nv deathclaws    Which deathclaw model do you prefer? EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 1:28 pm

I played FO3-4-NV.In my opinion FO4 Deathclaws are teddy bears.Because they can hit you but cannot kill. Older versions were better IMO.Because when a Deathclaw hits me in FO3-NV it is an insta-kill Sword Man .Even with great equipment and perks, they could kill you in 2 to 4 blows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which deathclaw model do you prefer?   Which deathclaw model do you prefer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which deathclaw model do you prefer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next