Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 50

PostSubject: How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?   Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:25 pm

How good is it and how well does it work with a lot of mods, especially retextures?

Corvo

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction:
Level: Colonial

PostSubject: Re: How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?   Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:18 pm

I for one do not know how well it works on it's own but I do know that it was integrated into ENBseries so it's pretty much redundant now if you have a system that can run New Vegas with ENB on, which is common nowadays.

However, from what I hear it does provide great memory management and performance boosts.

Character sheet
Name: Sharpshooter
Faction: Freelance
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?   Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:08 pm

@RangerGUN wrote:
How good is it and how well does it work with a lot of mods, especially retextures?

Hello! You can find more useful information about ENBoost and its settings in this guide ( http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas ), special section named as "ENB Series" after "Extenders" section.

Character sheet
Name: SecretAgentBob
Faction: NCR
Level: 16

PostSubject: Re: How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?   Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Me personally I haven't really noticed anything different with it as Corvo has stated it is kind of redundant.

Sirdanest

PostSubject: Re: How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?   Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 pm

I've come back to NV after a few years, with the intent to mod it until it collapses. If I can, put in visual mods and every well-rated quest, new land, companion, merchant, arms, armor, chem, etc.

But one thing I've never tried is ENB... I confess most of them only sometimes look good to me, and other times just aren't my thing, like maybe one is what I like at night but not in daytime -- just personal preference. But there are a lot more ENB to choose from now so I'm thinking about it again. And that leads me to the topic -- ENBoost. Yeah, I'm also curious as to how effective it is, especially running next to a lot of mods. I've heard contradictions from googling the subject, whether or not I can use ENBoost without an ENB, and whether or not it can improve my memory usage or frames, something I may need as my mod list weight grows.
So... yeah, in short, does it actually improve performance, especially of a game that isn't using an Enb in the first place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DimDim009

PostSubject: Re: How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?   Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 pm

depends what kind of comp youre running it on. my old laptop was a potato so even without an ENB it was not good, and when i put on an ENB with our without ENBoost, there was no difference to me...

"Not to me. And not to any clone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sirdanest

PostSubject: Re: How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?   Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:15 pm

So, has anyone else actually run enbBoost without an enb?  I'm tempted to try it but I have a weird feeling I'll break something and not know how to put it back.
Edit: Other than the people who already replied of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?   

Back to top Go down

How effective is Enboost for New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1