Info Panel

Calendar Calendar

9th Anniversary of Fallout 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

9th Anniversary of Fallout 3

Post by Corvo on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:06 pm

Today is the 9th anniversary of Fallout 3, which released on October 28, 2008, precisely 9 years ago today.

So go ahead, reminisce about your memories of the game back from 2008/2009, unregistered hypercams and nostalgic adventures across the Capital Wasteland.

Fallout 3 for a lot of people, including myself, was their first Fallout game. I'm hoping Bethesda remaster this on the new engine, or a mod team does it for them. This game was my childhood and even today I find it extremely easy to slip hours into it like it was released yesterday. It's one of my favourite games ever and Bethesda's first attempt at the Fallout franchise, with much success. It literally introduced me to one of my favourite game franchises, for that I am very thankful.

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction:
Level: Colonial

View user profile https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Back to top Go down

Re: 9th Anniversary of Fallout 3

Post by praising on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:14 pm

Fallout 3 was my first experience with a fallout game aswell. Some friends showed me the game, and I had never seen anything quite like it, so I was all like :" I need dis game!!". And so I bought it, must have been quite some time since it's release though, cause I bought the GOTY edition with all DLC's. I was quite excited when I started installing it on my computer. Well, my computer couldn't run the damn game, I was stuck at the birth scene, with weird graphics glitches and the game freezing and crashing. You can imagine how disappointed I was, as I was dying to try the game.
But I was determined to play it and some time after that I ended up getting a new pc with better components just so I could play that one game. And played the game I did, oh boy, I played it day and night, I just could never get enough of it. And back then, I didn't even know about modding, I had no idea modding existed at all. I did get back to it a few years later, and modded it a bit, but never actually finished a full modded playthrough of it.

Still, I will never forget the great times I had with this game. And if I ever go back in time, and have to face the same situation, 10/10 would buy a new pc again just so I could play that one game.

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventfather on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm currently playing the Tale of Two Wastelands version of Fallout 3, and despite the age of the game itself, it's still pretty entertaining. I regret Fallout 4 being the first Fallout game I've ever played, and wish I started with 3, because I know now what I was missing as far as choices and morals go. If the companions just had a bit more dialogue to add and more quests about themselves, I'd be further in love with the series. But it's still holding up like fine wine to this day.

Fawkes though always has a spot on my team along with Charon. Maybe it's my experience with Mass Effect coloring with my perceptions of squad members, but having just an all human squad never agreed with me. I always imagined that the Lone Wanderer would be thoroughly sickened by Vault 101's politics, and human centric ideaology. That the travels with a Super Mutant and a Ghoul respectively would help him understand the world better, and grow because they're so fundamentally different than humanity while at the core wanting the same things. Food, shelter, or the pursuit of happiness, regardless of if it's good or bad for themselves or the people around them. If they all could coexist, maybe their own races could see that example and go forward themselves? Idealistic, but it's how I viewed it after sitting down and thinking and playing the game as of late.
Adventfather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dantaefetticus on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Fallout 3 wasn’t my first Fallout game, that would be New Vegas. But, Fallout 3 was the game that introduced me to Fallout. Back in 2008, I would watch Fallout 3 videos non stop. I binged watched Machinimas, playthroughs, glitches, anything related to Fallout 3. It was around 2010 I finally got New Vegas. I only got to play Fallout 3 afterwards. It may not be the first Fallout I played, but it is what really got me into Fallout. I just want to say thank you to BGS for creating such a fantastic game that has introduced many gamers to such a fantastic series.

Character sheet
Name: Jamie Kenway
Faction: Independent
Level: 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gunslinger6792 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Fallout 3 was my first fallout game. I wouldn't be surprised if I put more than 200 hours into it on console and was what got me into post apocalyptic games. To this day i'll still load up TTW just to go through the ruins of downtown DC and just marvel at everything. FNV in my opinion has better quests and characters but the atmosphere in that game was spot on.
gunslinger6792

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IRORIEH on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:55 am

My first experience with Fallout 3 happened when my friend lent me the game for Xbox 360. I was hooked, instantly. It was the first time I'd played a game like that, that was truly open. Lot's of games feel open, but in a sense, they are still very self contained.
The one good thing that Bethesda have managed to maintain between the Fallout and TES series is that sense of freedom. A young me was instantly drawn to the idea of striding around the Wasteland, seeing everything that I could see and experiencing the world, even if at that age I couldn't entirely appreciate all of the themes. Even now, when I get dropped into the Capital Wasteland, I still get that same feeling, particularly in the open wastes. It's open, and ripe for exploring. I remember just wandering off that way, rather than following the map markers. I must have spent so long roaming around. It's more the nostalgia, and the freedom. It might not always look pretty, but it was fun.

So yeah, Fallout 3. Here's to all the good times!

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top