Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth wolfenstein Overhaul mandalorian Ryse marvel Superpele boomers Call daryl machine hunk Gear khan Mask ghoul Reforged NPCs riot dead FCOM vault money body Armor boom
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The creation club isn't really a succes is it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GhostOfBabu

GhostOfBabu

The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Xeho, you mind putting the files up on dropbox or mediafire? I can't seem to the get the items in the game myself so I would really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Xehonort

Xehonort

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 6:19 pm

All I did was unpacked the textures from the prey & chinese stealth suit into the fo4 data folders. After that I started up the ck used an already in game armor & replaced the meshes with the prey & chinese stealth suits. Thats the armor addon & stats. & saved went into the game & used the console to add them.

The version I use requires farharbor I think I'd have to double check & sure. Might use google drive.
Back to top Go down
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 9:26 am

Xehonort wrote:
All I did was unpacked the textures from the prey & chinese stealth suit into the fo4 data folders. After that I started up the ck used an already in game armor & replaced the meshes with the prey & chinese stealth suits. Thats the armor addon & stats. & saved went into the game & used the console to add them.

The version I use requires farharbor I think I'd have to double check & sure. Might use google drive.

isn't that piracy but with extra steps? (heh rick and morty reference)

Its really pathetic that Bethesda didn't even see this mistake plus it takes up space for the shit you don't even have the slightest bit of interest in.
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 8:50 am

Maybe we should charge them rent for the extra HDD space required for an unwanted patch with unwanted content?
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 6:12 am

A rumor is spreading around the community that the modders that have created these mods for CC aren't even getting paid a dime by Bethesda, as they had an agreement where 100% of the ownership is claimed by Bethesda, which in turn means all of the profits go to Bethesda as well as the permissions of it, hence why the Creation Club never lists the modder because secrecy.

This is just a rumor btw, so don't take it as fact, and if it turns out to be false, I will gladly eat my words, but this is awfully scummy of Bethesda. First they make an anti-consumer microtransaction store built into the main menu, then they force PC users like myself to download all the ba2 files for the mods as of an update which ruins F4SE for the time being (not sure whether it updated yet tho) and now they aren't even paying a single dime to the creators.

Now I'm not gonna lie, but that's pretty fucking scummy. Did Bethesda hire more former EA workers  or are just following in their footsteps? Because that's just unacceptable. I know these modders willingly created content for Bethesda but c'mon Bethesda out of all that money you made from Skyrim and Fallout 4 you could at least give some to the guys and gals that are ACTUALLY making you more money with this stupid system of yours?
Back to top Go down
kiionohi

kiionohi

Character sheet
Name: Eery
Faction: Questlove
Level: 11

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 9:08 am

That's just a rumor, I know 2 people who've made mods for CC and they were paid long before CC released the first batch of mods. Even if it was true not much sympathy you can give to someone who would sign up for these paid contracts and not going over fine print that they'd be paid for their work and co-ownership to the assets created.

Maybe the pipboy retextures weren't paid tho, lmao thats some bad mods anyway though.

Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 9:38 am

@BITBUT Not really. For it to be piracy, you would have to steal the assets instead of purchasing them, but they literally forcibly gave us the assets in the update. From what I'm reading, all we're missing is the official esps and those can probably be remade. We legally own all the assets now as they forcibly installed it onto our games. I am positive it's fully legal to use these assets as they're considered part of the base game now. A similar thing happened with Saints Row 3. A lot of the DLC content was already on the disk. Some modders put the assets into the game legally and Volition couldn't do shit because they literally owned the assets when they bought the game.

I eagerly await when someone publishes handmade, non-pirated esps that activate these mods and be the virtual equivalent of a middle finger to Bethesda.

Speaking from a legal standpoint, we all own these assets now. We just need to pay them to unlock it for us, but there is nothing stopping us from doing it for ourselves. The only way Bethesda could prevent this is if they published a terms of service agreement that you had to sign in the next update, but the damage is already done. If you don't sign that, you can just stay in the "outdated" version with your free mods they gave you.
Back to top Go down
Limitlessness

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 10:06 am

The CC is a joke at this point. It's using a ludicrous pricing structure that relies upon an ingame currency while showcasing some mods that are currently available on the Nexus for free.

I'm not too concerned about this platform as it hasn't eliminated the modding scene. If you don't like the paid mods then don't buy them. Bethesda is profit driven and if everyone speaks with their wallet they may reassess their current plans.

Moonlightbae

Character sheet
Name: Litney Houston
Faction: Heartbreak Kids
Level: BadKenzClub aka FRESHER THAN YOU

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 10:50 am

Corvo wrote:
A rumor is spreading around the community that the modders that have created these mods for CC aren't even getting paid a dime by Bethesda, as they had an agreement where 100% of the ownership is claimed by Bethesda, which in turn means all of the profits go to Bethesda as well as the permissions of it, hence why the Creation Club never lists the modder because secrecy.

This is just a rumor btw, so don't take it as fact, and if it turns out to be false, I will gladly eat my words, but this is awfully scummy of Bethesda. First they make an anti-consumer microtransaction store built into the main menu, then they force PC users like myself to download all the ba2 files for the mods as of an update which ruins F4SE for the time being (not sure whether it updated yet tho) and now they aren't even paying a single dime to the creators.

Now I'm not gonna lie, but that's pretty fucking scummy. Did Bethesda hire more former EA workers  or are just following in their footsteps? Because that's just unacceptable. I know these modders willingly created content for Bethesda but c'mon Bethesda out of all that money you made from Skyrim and Fallout 4 you could at least give some to the guys and gals that are ACTUALLY making you more money with this stupid system of yours?

The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Ezgif-4-d887c980ac

I'm beyond death at this point like literally I'm dead and my soul has ascended to heaven at this point. Like imagine being able to be SO worked up about something so fucking mundane. Reading this dude's posts (and the whole thread tbh) is comedy gold.

https://www.taylorswift.com/
nichoice

nichoice

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Myself
Level: >9000

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:34 am

If thats true I am sure those modder had innovation in mind over monetization.

Now I am willing to give CC the benefit of the doubt because its still in its infancy and Beth is willing to provide support for them so not all bad.

And as someone has pointed out on another thread, its the quality of the content not the price thats the problem.
Back to top Go down
Moonlightbae

Moonlightbae

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 9:38 am

So giving my post a -1... Real fucking mature @ whomever did it. Not a huge deal to me but next time try reading the rules.

IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Corvo wrote:

They explained it as them paying mod authors to create content for the to sell. Which isn't what they advertised when they started the program, but it also isn't uncommon practice in the field of gaming. They give a one off payment for work they will then sell just like a DLC or microtransaction. I think the bigger thing to point out is that it isn't really paid mods, or even Bethesda working alongside mod authors. It's them getting contractors to create products for them to sell, in a similar way they would with any outsourced product. In fact, similar to what the did with Obsidian and New Vegas. The real thing that annoys me is calling them mods, when all they are is mini, over priced DLCs, created for, and sold by the company. They're not really outside projects at all.

We can argue the basics of how right and wrong Creation Club is, but as I've said before, people need to stop treat the Creation Club like an apocalypse. It's a cash grab, plain and simple and the ultimate fate of the Creation Club is pretty easy to see. Until Bethesda starts actively trying to fuck with the free modding community, which they really haven't, then there's no point rehashing the same angry arguements on thread after thread after thread.

Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 1:49 pm

" The creation club isn't really a succes is it " . That's a f*cking understatement XD ! People everywhere are hating it !

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
GUN Satyr

GUN Satyr

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 4:40 pm

When i saw the Doom stuff was rumored to be next i actually got excited, somehow thought that since bethesda owns id that they'd allowed someone to port the Suit, BFG and Chainsaw from Doom 2016. Oh how wrong was I...    p.s. I know the suit port already exists.

Does anyone think something good will come from CC? example someone from Bethesda adding in Driving mechanics, even if it was ported from Rage. I've heard of some game developers making mods. p.s. #2 I dont know if you can "port" driving mechanics... Some day i will actually learn all this stuff.

Edit: After seeing War Daddys >"fix"< for the BFG i dont hate it anymore, i still dont love it. Its growin on me like a tumor
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 5:26 pm

@Moonlightbae

Gave your post a +1 Rep to account for the -1 Rep. Dunno why it was downvoted, but it was probably either a big misunderstanding or a mistake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 7:08 pm

I don't think creation club is that big of a deal honestly. Obviously it made some people sad but maybe it is a success for Bethesda because we don't know how much money they are making.

And if they are actually making any profit at all I would say good for them. It's not like CC can ever be a competition for free mods and Bethesda isn't really our enemy. They are the ones making Fallout, Elder Scrolls etc. We would want them to grow as long as they don't actually aim at killing the traditional modding community.
Back to top Go down
Acekiler

Acekiler

Character sheet
Name: Acekiler 45
Faction: Tsarnov's Legion
Level: 69

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

The creation club is of your own doing do you mean to tell me you don't like the monstrosity you've helped build over the years? oh I see it's come back to take a nice hunk of meat out of your ass and you don't like it well this is what happens when you help a shitty developer sell their games. don't like it? uninstall the piece of shit game and make your own.

Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 12:02 am

I don't think having to pay for mods is a good thing...I like having mods be free...but that's me!!!

Smile

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down
Moonlightbae

Moonlightbae

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Corvo wrote:
@Moonlightbae

Gave your post a +1 Rep to account for the -1 Rep. Dunno why it was downvoted, but it was probably either a big misunderstanding or a mistake.

Thank you Corvo The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 1f496

Bas the Terminator

Bas the Terminator

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 2:30 pm

If every time they keep adding new content they change the version of the game and screw up the current F4SE build they will eventually tire the people who update the F4SE, who could most likely just quit doing it. Like what's stopping Bethesda from rapid firing out new content releases breaking F4SE much faster. Also personally I think this is all a waste of time and resources. You guys and the good people on the Nexus and Bethesda.net can release content for free and not eff up the game doing it (most of the time) AND you can do it with more in depth extra features and quests and of higher quality than a lot of the Creation Club stuff can. Personally if they would just release it like DLC on the DLC market instead of in the in game browser it wouldn't be that big a deal to me. But each time they add something new it changes the game and breaks my F4SE and that effing sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The creation club isn't really a succes is it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next