Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boom Overhaul FCOM Reforged marvel money khan Call ghoul Armor Ryse NPCs Mask vault daryl body hunk machine boomers riot Gear Superpele mandalorian commonwealth dead wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:06 am

» The Next fallout
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:29 am

» Greetings!
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Horse riding in fallout???!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Braxian

Braxian

Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 4:31 am

I would personally enjoy riding a deathclaw, or a brahmin.

PyroMitch

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:06 am

i would like to ride a bear with miniguns attached to him
Back to top Go down
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 6:48 am

Damn it, why do I instantly hear this damn song in my head while thinking of horse in Fallout? You know which I mean. "I'm Nuccleaaaarr, I'm wiiiiild".
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
veloxmortem

veloxmortem

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:02 am

from what ive heard the limitations in the game engine make it a pain but if you could find someone that new the engine well all you would need is a decent compatible rigged horse model,drag made a post about it somewhere cant remember where.
Back to top Go down
MistTiger

MistTiger

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:36 am

As has been stated a couple of times, there is a mod in FO3 for riding various creatures.  That said, Horses would be an interesting addition to FO3 as it is all about choices.  I do think that having a rideable Brahmin would be more in line with lore for those who care about it.  I am neutral concerning lore and would definitely welcome a mod that added horses.  They would need to be fed and watered making it cost somewhat to use it.  A horse would also become fatigued if used with any realism mod that tracked food, water, sleep, etc.  It would definitely be a challenge to any who wanted to take it up.  Look forward to seeing the results!!!  Just my Opinion!!!!  V/R  MistTiger
Back to top Go down
Deadeas

Deadeas

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:34 pm

SuperFraggle wrote:
The NCR had horses in the official comic when they approached bitter springs. It wouldn't be too out of the ordinary to have a horse in the wasteland.
True, but, as I recall, Sawyer wanted all horses extinct and Avellone didn't get the memo when he wrote All Roads.
Back to top Go down
MemeMan

MemeMan

Character sheet
Name: John Wrolpe
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts (East Coast Commander 2287)
Level: 89

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 12:37 am

maybe you could make a rex-looking horse with NVSE you can put the cyborg impants
Back to top Go down
ninodeawesome

ninodeawesome

Character sheet
Name: Dorian
Faction: Independent
Level: 26

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:34 am

Yea I always found it weird that there wasn't any considering they were ones in the comic all roads

midnight1996

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:03 pm

adding houses to the game would be Awesome NCR rangers should use them in game
Back to top Go down
Mamani808

Mamani808

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:21 am

It would certainly go with the whole West setting. However, this would significantly decrease the play time of the game, depending on how fast the horse goes. It would also make it easier to get out of or around trouble when traveling making the game considerably easier. You'd have to make hostile creatures faster and able to keep up with the horse, give bandits horses and the ability to shoot while on the horses, and eliminate fast travel, at least to a certain range of locations, in order to balance out the speed and difficulty of the gameplay. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
A.J.

A.J.

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 6:38 am

The only stable horse solution I found until now is only for npcs and not player. Let's see what NVSE will bring us in the future
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AnaPrrrrrr
Fuzzhie

Fuzzhie

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 am

I was just thinking this the other day... would be pretty interesting and different. But; as for lore, well.. there isnt much of that to go around anyways but it would break it. Would be good for some, maybe not for others. Now.. Bramin carriages on the other hand.. why has nobody figured out wheels and not walking everywhere yet?

"If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero's path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed. and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf." -William J. Bennett
Back to top Go down
tpmmazo

tpmmazo

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:23 am

Fuzzhie wrote:
But; as for lore, well.. there isn't much of that to go around anyways but it would break it.

My friend you wouldn't need a real life horse when you have Giddyup Buttercup! In the lore these were created pre war and they are shown on billboards all throughout fallout 3 so I think a giddyup buttercup mod could be fitted in the lore.
Giddyup ButterCup:

Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 1ByTWGC Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 LegitimateWellgroomedFantailHorse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 1ByTWGC Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 LegitimateWellgroomedFantail
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 2:45 pm

tpmmazo wrote:
Fuzzhie wrote:
But; as for lore, well.. there isn't much of that to go around anyways but it would break it.

My friend you wouldn't need a real life horse when you have Giddyup Buttercup! In the lore these were created pre war and they are shown on billboards all throughout fallout 3 so I think a giddyup buttercup mod could be fitted in the lore.
Giddyup ButterCup:

I'm still waiting for a good Giddy Up Buttercup mod that doesn't have the robot acting like a dog. Should be more like a Big Horner.

As far as lore goes, it could be assumed somewhere in the world horses could be alive somewhere the bombs didn't hit. Or preserved in a vault underground like a Ark styled vault where horses and cats and other Animals where kept from becoming totally extinct?
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 3:35 pm

A.J. wrote:
The only stable horse solution I found until now is only for npcs and not player. Let's see what NVSE will bring us in the future

Awesome, you still check back here. Also, everyone A.J. has been working to perfect her very own horse mod.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
tpmmazo

tpmmazo

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 4:52 pm

This video illustrates some horse riding capabilities although I'm almost sure that this is just an armor extension of the actual player. Have a look.
Horse Demo in NV:
Oh and for all the lore people out there it is stated in the bible that horses were killed off by radiation after the great war. Now they are extinct.
Dinosaur Chase  

Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 1ByTWGC Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 LegitimateWellgroomedFantailHorse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 1ByTWGC Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 LegitimateWellgroomedFantail
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Well you can ride a big horner, I know it's not the same but I suppose it's more lore friendly?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
TheHusky

TheHusky

Character sheet
Name: -
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Maybe something can do with rideable motorcycle but its going to be weird because of the animations

Steam Profile:
Back to top Go down
MrPezza

MrPezza

Character sheet
Name: The Lion
Faction: Horizon Military Solutions
Level: -

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 6:29 pm

We can always dream, it'd be a pretty big undertaking though. The only way that I can realisticly see it being done is by some kind of conglomeration of some of the more recognised modders on here, such as Xilandro, Dragbody, Shep, Saxxon, etc....

But afaik they all have current projects on the go as it is, and as always RL must take precidence over modding. We can't seriously ask people to eat up their spare time for our gain.

Although it is times like this that I curse my general level of Blender/3D Max illiteracy. I'm still trying to figure out to make a new static object (and the collisions for it), I think a moving, rideable horse might be a while off if I'm left to it >Sad

XIV VII MCMXC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horse riding in fallout???!!!   Horse riding in fallout???!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Horse riding in fallout???!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next