Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear commonwealth mandalorian riot body wolfenstein NPCs space daryl khan upgrades hunk Mask dead Superpele boomers boom Call Ryse vault money marvel Reforged ghoul machine FCOM
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Empty
PostSubject: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyFri Aug 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Having a bit of trouble getting the main menu to pop up when i load in. I already tried turing off plugin by plugin to see which master was gone. Turned off every mod and still nothing. Deleted the fonts i have and turned off the UI mods installed as well, didn't get anything. Game was running fine and did this the next day after i finished Dead money DLC. I was back in the mojave buying things and fast traveling around. Was working just fine. The next day of trying to load it up it wouldn't pull up the menu.

I don't want to have to fully restart since i put a decent amount of hours in this playthrough already. Any info would help. thanks.

Load Order:

botanicbubbles

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 8:29 pm

What do you mean by not showing up? Black screen, or do you just not see any text? Are you using an ENB?

Distortion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 9:36 pm

It would load up and get to the main menu, then never show text for me to move forward. It would let me move the mouse around and also plays the music. I was using an ENB as well. Never had the issue until it changed for some odd reason. To trouble shoot i disabled all plugins and still didn't show up. I was using an ENB, didn't think that was the issue. Deleted the fonts thinking that was it and that wasn't it.

botanicbubbles

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 10:16 am

Go to the falloutNV folder in my documents and rename fallout.ini to fallout.ini.old (or just delete it). Then boot up the game. It should generate a new fallout.ini. See if that fixes the issue.

TheRatDragon

Character sheet
Name: Matthew
Faction: USMC
Level: Applicant

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 10:19 am

I've had this issue before in eerily similar conditions. I believe I tried multiple things before I got it working again like reinstalling my UI Font mod, renaming my ini file, and Steam making sure all files are validated. One of them worked for me, though I don't remember which. Sorry if this doesn't help, just I've had this glitch before. It's horrible, you're fine one moment, the next your game is broken.

Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Tenor
Back to top Go down
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 8:56 pm

I did all that as well, changed the UI font to default, changed the ini file, and revalidated files from steam. Nothing changed. My game it feels like it wants to change things up on me in the file section. All the time. aggravating.

botanicbubbles

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Are you using Mod Organizer, by any chance? The Fallout.ini file is kept under you MO profile, and not in the usual spot if you are.

Just to be clear: You've tried deactivating all of your mods, and recreating the fallout.ini file, and still nothing? Because that should bring you back to a vanilla configuration (outside of actually uninstalling the mods). If that hasn't worked I'm kinda stumped. I've had an issue very similar to what you're describing, where I get to the main menu, but don't get any text. It's always either been a missing master, or a problem with my fallout.ini file and UI mods.

TheRatDragon

Character sheet
Name: Matthew
Faction: USMC
Level: Applicant

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Wow, I am stumped as well. I know this is hard to say, but if you can't find any way to fix it like I did, the most draconian and steadfast way to fix things often is to reinstall the game ALL OVER again and I know you don't wanna do that so yeah. I'm sorry this happened to you, I hope you really get back to killing things. Good luck, sorry if I wasn't helpful enough.

Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Tenor
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 3:27 pm

The solution may be an ugly one. the same thing happened to me and the solution I found was a hard reinstall of your game, after uninstalling all my mods. Personally I would delete the data folder and uninstall. It may help with any mod that was corrupted or somehow got messed up during install. I did try similar solutions like steam file validation or uninstalling any UI mods, but it did not work. It is a huge pain to uninstall mods, and the game too, but it will help in the long run. Too bad its so damn finicky sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 4:28 pm

i had this porblem, i uninstalled every single mod then re-downloaded them 1 or 2 at a time to find the cause of the problem, there' also load-order sorters like LOOT

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.    Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Main Menu stopped showing up without adding new mods.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1