Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Is JuiceHead bad for the community?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thepirateofthegame

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Railroad
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:34 am

As someone that found this site via a YouTube video (War Daddy videos) I don't see any problem with JH reviewing mods that are available in the public section, I also don't see any problem with new joiners to this community, the only issue I see, is using the word "Illegal" which is just a cheap clickbait to gain viewers.
I think the mods in the public section are kind of PUBLIC? No?

Character sheet
Name: Ashtaroth The Defiler
Faction: Forces Of Chaos
Level: Chaos Lord

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 am

I saw the video he uploaded which included my mod, and to be honest i was like oh wow some one has reviewed my mod, cool i must be doing something right lol, and i have no problem with that, it was nice to see and he done a good job on the mods video in question as a whole and seems a okay guy, the one thing i do and have a issue with, is the click bait title, that one word ''Illegal'' done it for me, wanna do click bait thats fine, use a thumbnail or some cringey title, but not the word illegal, that one word in my mind just screams lawyers or some other stupid thing that will get mod authors, and the site in trouble, i can handle the spazes in the comment section throthing at the mouth screaming ''THIEVES! ROBBING BASTARDS! THEY STOLE THIS WORK!''
i can handle that... fuck em ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
let em make their own mods... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
what i dont like, as i said is the title illegal as i can picture that bringing the wrong kind of attention to this site and to the mod authors, there is no need for that word in the title its just asking for trouble, just my humble opinion.

KentuckyFT

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:31 pm

I have to be honest I watch his videos on up and coming mods because it's a cool bit of news that I like to keep bookmarked, but I do agree that the use of 'Illegal" is pretty clickbaity and kinda sends the wrong message about how GUN mods work.

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm

I feel that his videos, while indeed clickbaity, do provide good exposure for the mods. Also, as stated previously, these are mods that in the Public Release section, so technically it's fair game. The one thing that I would like him to do as a matter of courtesy is to reach out the mod authors first just to either give them a heads up or to get a green light. It seems like a simple thing to do, but then again there are some mod authors that have gone on hiatus or are no longer active, so there's that. But still, it never hurts to ask; basic manners as I have been taught growing up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Wild Card
Level: 16

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:28 pm

No?

He's just a modder that talks about mods he is excited about. I don't see how a guy who is a Fallout enthusiast is bad for the Fallout community. His videos can.be enetertaining, and well that's all they're really good for. So what, he's posted a few highlights of mods not found on Nexus, but that's not an issue to a degree, even on a legal scale as I doubt Bethesda is listening in on anything the community has to say at this point.

"It's how hard you're able to strike even long after the music stops."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Pvt. Cooper
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 4

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:45 pm

When a mod is released its intention is to to be downloaded. I understand all the work that goes behind mods and I am sure that its pretty annoying when mods are leaked. I do not really agree with leaking mods, but honestly a few years ago I would have. Only after being here, have I learned that making a mod can be a real pain in the ass. The last thing the GUN needs is a bunch of its own members hissing at the sight of strangers or people looking for mods. Shunning anyone who wants something new in their game is a terrible and frankly immature. Especially when the community is centered around mods in some way. Now I do not agree with "steeling" mods but the guy's videos are meant to share mods, and basically is in line with the goal of the community. If people want to come here and download mods, thats okay. If they do not want to be part of the community, that is okay as well. It may not be for everyone. But there is no need to dislike anyone who showcases or at least says "look at this sweet mod."

And mentioned before, nothing on the internet ever goes away.

View user profile
Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:29 pm

@tonystark407 wrote:
Ok. He reviews mods that are available to all modusers. I'm afraid, that there is nothing about him. He just do his job to get some money. Tell me please, if you'll find some source of money, will you reject it just to follow some ideas or principles of the community? I suppose, no.

Actually I wouldn't. One because I have a normal job, and second because that would be stepping on the backs of those that make the community what it is. Also because it can potentially detrimental to the site in the long run, thus ruining for everyone.

@PROROOK363 wrote:
No?

He's just a modder that talks about mods he is excited about. I don't see how a guy who is a Fallout enthusiast is bad for the Fallout community. His videos can.be enetertaining, and well that's all they're really good for. So what, he's posted a few highlights of mods not found on Nexus, but that's not an issue to a degree, even on a legal scale as I doubt Bethesda is listening in on anything the community has to say at this point.

Beth isn't who we have to be worried about, they don't care, modding is what drives their sales, they release a shitty game and the community fixes and then Beth reaps the rewards. If anything they'd probably encourage it. No it's the other studios whose assets are being used in another companies game and could be potentially taking profits away.

By the technicality of the law, yes all the ports are illegal by copyright unless permission has been obtained. All I wish is he would use a different word other then illegal. If he's such a mod enthusiast, the last thing he should be doing is posting videos with titles that can potentially get the site shut down. If he's reading this, I hope he does, all I ask is he uses a different word. Yes it was have the most bang for your buck, but with the videos that he puts out, is it really going to make him that much richer in the long run to risk the safety of the site?

Banner from Star's Workshop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Wild Card
Level: 16

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 pm

@Evmeister Ah so it's a matter of the word illegal in that video. I saw the video and obviously found the term ridiculous as well, but let's see what comes about as he has received backlash for his clickbait title.

"It's how hard you're able to strike even long after the music stops."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banewrath

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:35 am

I think the term forbidden would have been better. I myself never liked youtubers reviewing my content. I released a number of mods for skyrim years ago. Now, this was right about when the whole mod review thing on youtube was just getting started. I actually had youtubers messaging me asking for likes and upvotes or they wouldn`t review my mods. They would tell that I needed to link the reviews on my mod pages. The thing was that I never asked them to do it in the first place. You never needed a mod review if your mod was good, just read the comments.

I released all my work on the nexus and people would steal it or take assets without asking and I never asked for a penny! I uploaded because I loved making mods and sharing with the community. Then youtubers come along and act like they are doing me a favor by reviewing it and getting paid for showcasing something I created for free! It`s bullshit.

Ok. Now that I got that off my chest I feel better. Been waiting years to rant about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonystark407

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:44 pm

@Evmeister wrote:
@tonystark407 wrote:
Ok. He reviews mods that are available to all modusers. I'm afraid, that there is nothing about him. He just do his job to get some money. Tell me please, if you'll find some source of money, will you reject it just to follow some ideas or principles of the community? I suppose, no.

Actually I wouldn't. One because I have a normal job, and second because that would be stepping on the backs of those that make the community what it is. Also because it can potentially detrimental to the site in the long run, thus ruining for everyone.

I also have a normal job, but will never refuse additional money paid for my hobby. And as I remember, this community is open to everyone. You can register an account, steal some public mods and nobody will ever learn about it or you can make a review of a mod and somebody will come and steal. I mean, he may cause some problems, but they don't look realy big to me. If a modmaker doesn't want that any stranger could steal something from him/her, he/she can make it privat. When I joined the community, there were a couple of public mods, while most of the mods were privat. It looks to me, that the modmaker realises the situation when he makes a public release.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is JuiceHead bad for the community?   

Back to top Go down

Is JuiceHead bad for the community?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2