Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine Mask NPCs Superpele Ryse wolfenstein mandalorian Overhaul ghoul FCOM Call marvel vault money body khan daryl Reforged boom dead commonwealth hunk boomers Gear Armor riot
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What keeps you playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Waffenbaum

Waffenbaum

Character sheet
Name: Lucky
Faction: Vault 13
Level: 22

What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 3:37 pm

I'm going to do at least two more playthroughs of FO4, because my first was as part of the BoS. I worry I might have taken the best route first as I hear the Institute and the Railroad are both very lacklustre when compared, But I am still going to try them out.

After that it'll just be free-roaming and playing with mods because sadly there isn't all that much replay value. I'm not sure what Bethesda was attempting by making the character able to work for all the factions at the same time until the very last moment, but I think they might have been genuinely scared that people would get angry that choosing sides could potentially mean some parts of the game would then be unavailable to them. People are so used to having their cake and eating it too that being "punished" for making a choice is an alien concept to them.

I can fully imagine someone in this day and age saying "I chose to side with the institute so now I can't do the BoS final missions? Worst game ever". As a result almost nothing you do has any consequence and that really takes a toll on the longevity of the game. Now that said, I have never finished the civil war questline in Skyrim, and only finished the main quest once (and I barely remember it at all) because exploring the world was just more interesting than the main quest. Despite this I've sunk over 400 hours into the game.

I think at least 150 of those hours have been spent on mod content like Moonpath to Elswyr and other great quest mods, and with Enderal coming out in English in a few weeks that'll be 400 more hours with what looks like the biggest total conversion ever. Will the same happen with Fallout 4? I doubt it, with everything from the voiced protagonist making it impossible to have conversations with new NPCs, the complete lack of new animations and generally weird scripting, I don't see many questing mods or overhauls being made for FO4, and Bethesda is already pulling out with the last DLC in a couple of weeks too. It almost feels like they're preparing to take the cash and run.

Also looming in the horizon is when they'll introduce paid "premium mods" for console owners. Which no doubt will be a sight to behold. Personally I hold out faith that they'll lend the license to another company like they did with New Vegas and we get a Fallout with all the good things from FO4 and less of the bad. One can hope anyway.
Back to top Go down
Doomguy

Doomguy

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 3:54 am

The world of Fallout make me feel right at home, since the first Fallout i played.
Fallout give me time to think without rushing.
I can explore,read the lore,build stuff, in short, it let me create my own story with the decisions i pick.
Back to top Go down
paczkins069

paczkins069

Character sheet
Name: Jacob
Faction: NCR
Level: 43

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 4:56 am

I start play fallout 3 long time ago. Story in this game is the best when can i play.In New Vegas i can visit all mojave and dlc
Back to top Go down
AshurForrester

AshurForrester

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Mainly for the role-playing and for the exploration. I try to think of new character ideas all the time and Bethesda put so much work into their game worlds that there's really no break of immersion from a role-playing perspective. Apart from the bugs..

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

What keeps you playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6