Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
body boom FCOM hunk vault Gear dead Ryse NPCs khan riot commonwealth space wolfenstein upgrades Mask Reforged money boomers mandalorian Call daryl Superpele machine ghoul marvel
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Main Menu glitched. Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Main Menu glitched.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Main Menu glitched. Empty
PostSubject: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 3:36 pm

No idea what's going on or why, game was working just fine yesterday and I had not added any new mods since then. Some say it could be a Load Order issue but I am unsure. What's going on for me right now is that nothing is clickable on the Main Menu. But I did notice something more out of place, at the bottom left corner displaying Hardcore Needs. I am at a loss as to what's going on. Just to check if it was maybe a controller issue, went ahead and checked into Skyrim to learn that was not the case at all.

Spoiler:

But if it makes any difference, this is my Load Order.

Spoiler:

Edit:
Went ahead and tried to Verify Integrity of Game files again with the result:
3 files failed to validate and will be re-acquired.

So I let it proceed, when it finished, checked again.
1 file failed to validate and will be re-acquired.

Tried three more times. 1 filed failed to validate, etc.
Going to continue to see if I can find an answer in the meantime.

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Try disabling DarNifiedUINV. It might conflict/and or break the main menu (this is just my guess) Try running your game with out it to see if it is the cause. If it is, you could re-download the mod and install it for it might have been corrupted during download. If it is not the cause of the broken menu, you could try deleting the data folder, and reinstalling your mods. I know it is a long process, but it may fix your problems. I hope this helps and feel free to ask if it does not and we can go from there.

Back to top Go down
VWgolfR1

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 4:45 pm

When there's nothing clickable in the Main Menu, this most likely (at least in my experience) means that something is wrong in one of the mods, usually related to an error in one of the mods. This error happens when a certain record in a mod is, for example, deleted, and another record which contained the deleted record now tries to call for it, but it cannot.

A simple example goes like this: There's an active Quest in one of the mods which has a Script attached to it. When you delete that Script, the Quest tries to call the Error instead, and thus you can't click anything in the Main menu. A weird correlation, I know... even weirder that this screws the Main Menu before you even get into the actual game. This wouldn't happen if the Script was simply reattached from the Quest.

But you say you haven't touched anything and it happened all of a sudden, so it's definitely weird. If I were you, I'd load your mods in FNVEdit, right-click anywhere in the left column where the mods are listed, and pick Check for Errors in the window that appears. Do that for every plugin/esm in your load order (except for the official ones and Project Nevada files). If any of the checked files display ERROR in the right column, that's most likely your culprit. Copy/Paste the error log here and I'll try to guide you to it so we can fix it.

A couple of things I noticed in your load order that could be corrected yet it's hard to say they'll fix your issue:
- The preorder pack .esm files are usually below the dlcs
- Maybe put the Project Nevada Enclave bunker patch below the PN's dlc plugins.

As a side note, how come you aren't using YUP - Yukichigai Unofficial Patch?
Back to top Go down
Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Changing Load Orders didn't do anything, and unfortunately disabling Darnified simply froze at the main menu (though I suspect that in hindsight maybe because I had DUI patch for oHud still active). I appreciate the suggestions, stoobygacks. Thank you. And yeah, the Data Folder thing is pretty much a last resort I am keeping in mind.

I have never used FNVEdit, but I guess it's a good a time as any to learn. Proceeding slowly while watching Gopher tutorial and hoping for the best. Rearranged the DLCs to be above the Pre-order packs and PN Enclave patch below the DLC patches, which sadly did nothing needless to say, but I am fine with the organizing to be more in place.

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 5:51 pm

I took one look at that Mod list and my brain just went *kapoot*

Back to top Go down
Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm

While it didn't come in the form of a big red Error, Better Game Performance.esp definitely had a clusterfuck of things to load when checking for errors unlike the others when working my way up. Going to make note of that while I continue to look to the others.

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 6:00 pm

@Noblesse- It's bedtime at my place, so the last thing to say here before I come back tomorrow is that you won't see a red error text, you'll just see ERROR in capslock, so be careful not to miss it.

And I totally forgot to mention that if you don't find any errors, you'll have to start disabling every mod individually, and launching the game every time to see which one causes the Menu to work when it's disabled. If you do find errors, launch the game without the error mod to see if everything works.
Back to top Go down
Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 6:39 pm

@"VWgolfR1" I appreciate your assistance. I checked through all in my Load Order and saved them as texts to look through the list again and see if that ERROR sticks out.
Otherwise, for the Mods that had some content to them to load instead of the clear of "all done!", it narrows down for me where to start for which to disable and check. Than you very much! Smile

Edit: Ultimately decided to just uninstall every mod and that worked out. Going to make a point of treading carefully and being attentive with the mods I install once more. I had planned to scrap everything, but just to satisfy the benefit of the doubt, opened the game once more with the mods uninstalled (save for ADAM Complete/Adam MERGE.esp) and the game worked fine again.

Edit 2: Unfortunately, it started again only this time, despite my seemingly thorough uninstall it was Darnified sticking it's head in again (literally with that lower left icon), so with no other alternative, just scraped my Data and and FalloutNV folder in My Games to install anew. Definitely going to be staying clear of Darnified.

I sincerely appreciate the help all the same, thanks a lot folks! Smile

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 6:00 pm

@Noblesse- I can't understand why Darnified would be doing that. Maybe there's another mod which requires a patch to work with Darnified. I've been using it for years without any issues. Granted, I also have UIO - User Interface Organizer installed. I suggest you do the same so you can avoid further UI problems.
Back to top Go down
Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 9:02 pm

@"VWgolfR1" That's the funny thing. While I was installing OneHud and Project Nevada, how those two love to conflict for Menu and Hud, I used Unified Hud to remedy their conflict which worked fine. Except for whatever reason the Extra Hud options were not working, it was then that I installed UIO and literally right after that, everything went to shit.
I don't get it either, why it would cause such an insane reaction after everything had been going well again up until that point. But well, I can only be cautious with those things now, UIO and Darnified alike.

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 am

@Noblesse- That's funny, since I have both Darnified UI and UIO too and they are working fine. First I thought that it would be corrupted save or corrupted mod files, but no idea what's causing your problems.

Did you try to download the mod which is causing problems and install it again?

Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 1:28 pm

@"c4in" I was going to do so bit by bit before the Data deletion and My Games FNV folder deletion. But with the ridiculous allergic reaction that it tripped the game out with UIO and triggering Darnified again, I don't know.
Though, as I was going through some of the folders before deleting them, I did spot a folder about CASM which I thought to have uninstalled, and despite having only a few saves at the time, my saves showed A LOT more of something I'd expect from CASM, so maybe that was the culprit? Hard to say. Harder still why despite my thorough uninstall, Darnified popped up once more too.

PostSubject: Re: Main Menu glitched.   Main Menu glitched. Empty

Back to top Go down

Main Menu glitched.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1