Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
mandalorian Superpele machine NPCs hunk upgrades Gear vault daryl commonwealth Call FCOM space riot boomers ghoul body Mask dead boom money khan Reforged marvel wolfenstein Ryse
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 3:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 6:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Empty
PostSubject: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 8:51 am

Happy 4th of July everybody! Today is when Americans like myself will spend the day preparing barbecue on the grill, spending time with family, and blowing shit up in the name of the glorious U.S. of A.

But while everyone is busy celebrating, it can be easy to forget that we wouldn't have the freedom to do these things if it wasn't for the bravery and sacrifices of the men and women of the armed forces. That is why we wanted to celebrate soldiers around the world with this month's contest.

The Military Fan-Fiction Contest

[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest HvPvJtXL

The theme for this contest is the Military. That doesn't just mean the U.S. military. ANY military personnel, equipment, and vehicles are allowed in this contest. The only thing we ask is that we keep the submissions centered around past or modern military styling.

This means Star-Wars, Star-trek, and other Sci-fi related titles are not allowed in this contest. We already did an entire contest for Science Fiction games. Also, games that jump the line between modern and Sci-fi such as Black Ops 2, 3 and Advanced Warfare will not be allowed. If you're upset we're not including SCi-fi games in this contest, I suggest you read this quote from @DVAted concerning the same matter when mixing the themes was suggested during the May Event Poll:
Spoiler:
So, in the bounds of respect and good taste, please respect the theme for this contest: Modern Military.

So give us your very best submissions from games such as Call of Duty 1 to MW3, The Battlefield franchise, Insurgency, Tom Clancy's many games, World of Tanks, Arma, Counter-Strike, Verdun, and many more! Show off the soldiers in your favorite games and give those boys and girls some love and attention! These games are just suggestions, but if you're not sure if your game would be allowed, PM me and ask!

READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!:

The submission period for this contest starts today!
July 4th - July 31st

After the submission period is over, a team of judges will deliberate, with the winners announced by August 5th .

Now, onto the real reason anyone does anything nowadays...REWARDS!

3. Everyone who participates receives a guaranteed +1 rep from organizers;

2. The winner and runner-up (1st and 2nd place) will be awarded a game key from the official list of game rewards:
https://www.gunetwork.org/t10765-official-screenshot-contests-games-rewards

1. Also, if the 1st place winner is not already a colonial, he will be instantly promoted!
(*members who have been demoted due to certain more or less recent grave infractions will not qualify for this reward)

I wish everyone that participates good luck, happy posting, and May the 4th be with you! LightSaberBattle

and don't forget to also participate in our other contests:
The Military Graphics Contest
The Military Screenshots Contest

desertranger23

Character sheet
Name: Buck Sweeney
Faction: Sons Of Anarchy M.C.
Level: 27

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 5:10 pm

It was roughly September 1968, My unit was out on extended patrol. Basically we were sent to patrol some random section of jungle. These normally lasted anywhere from 3 days to a week. It was probably our second day in the jungle, we had set up camp for the night. Being the forward observer, for those who don't know I called in artillery when needed, I radioed in our position. They liked to do random shelling and it'd be nice if we didn't get hit by friendly fire... so its just after dusk and I'm laying in my hammock opening up my C-Ration when a monkey comes down from the trees and shows some interest in my food, so I pull out a chocolate bar I had in my pack break off a chunk and give it to the little guy. He sits on my chest and eats with me. Suddenly guys on the perimeter start shooting and sound the alarm, turns out we were being followed by some NVA. I jump up and grab my m16 and begin firing on anything that moves. The ambush lasts for about an hour, the NVA flee leaving us to tend to the wounded and check for our dead... I take a seat and notice a lump in my field jacket, turns out the monkey had climbed into my jacket when the fighting started, there he was sleeping. Anyways the rest of the patrol went fine and after that we were sent home for some R&R, and I decided that the little guy was gonna tag along and go home with me; figured my kids would take good care of him...
little back story about me and this story, both of my grandfathers served in Vietnam, sadly my grandfather on my mothers side is no longer with us, he passed after a motorcycle accident in 2014. As I have grown up my grandfather on my dads side would tell me stories about his time in Vietnam, this was opposite of my late grandfather, the war hit him hard and left him with some pretty bad PTSD. Anyways i hope everyone enjoys the story as i enjoyed writing it.

AnarcHist

Character sheet
Name: Vincent
Faction: Operator's
Level: 45

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 am

2005 i was deployed in a city middle of a desert the camp area away from the city was rather calm but more you get close to the city would hear more and more explosions gun shots i was nothing more than a combat medic i was never the guy to feel invincible in battle but when we were on a mission to secure a piece of street with other 3 squads with us with all the tanks and humvees i was feeling invincible as if nothing could defeat us when all of us were in the street getting in the homes to check when suddenly from midlle of the street a boy start running at us before we could notice one of our tanks were gun the boy was blown to bits the gunner of the tank was screaming we get him out below knee was pretty much gone nothing i could do at the moment when we realised the guys looking at us from end of the street we got inside a home i was trying to keep the poor bastard alive with both of his feet and most of his lower leg gone 10 minute that went like 10 hour seeing a guy die before my eyes i was doing everything i can with him telling me to stop how he wanted to die and pain was too much i just couldnt let him die until the reinforcements arrived i get to know a dying guy more than i know myself everything he told me the more he went on the more i wanted to make him get up again i was brought back to real world by my sergeant scraming "get the fuck down" when i realised there was a hand grenade i throw the gunner to the back of the room and throw myself on him the explosion didnt do anything but shrapnels was a another story the sergant wasnt as lucky as me he was struck by shrapnels he was on the ground i was in the middle of a room with 2 dying good man i tried to attend to sergant as much i can but the wounds were too much after the 10 minutes when the heli finally arrived for the wounded gunner all of us got evacuated when we got down to the camp and the wounded gunner was getting rushed to medical tent i was just sitting there what happened in those 10 minutes i just sat there and start thinking about what happened.

İ know im bad and very amateur but what bad can come from participating i tried my best at least

                     Exiled
          Absolved of the light I am the purest strain of hate
Back to top Go down
Chromesthesia

Chromesthesia

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 pm

A wrote this some time ago, thought it fit this contest.
Titled, Thick Red Line

Full thing:

Back to top Go down
JJHughes

JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 7:12 pm

In the eye's of My Father I am a man
In the eye's of My Mother I am her little boy
In the eye's of My Son I am who he will look up to, aspire to be
In the eye's of My comrades I am family
In the eye's of My commander I am expendable
In the eye's of The Press I am a casualty of war
In the eye's of The Lord I am damned
In the eye's of My enemy I am what stands between them and their "free" world
In the eye's of The World I am just another soldier
In the eye's of My Country I am just another white cross
In the eye's of History I am the lost generation
But in my eye's I am just a scared little boy from Fort Benning made to kill because a politician pointed his finger and told me to do it.
I am at the brink, hell standing between me and the enemy, an enfield gripped tightly in my hand, brothers in arms by my side, smitten with terror and hatred.

My dad once told me it was the quiet times before combat that scared him the most, now I understand why...
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 12:15 am

Diary of an unknown soldier:
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 10:15 pm

And last but not least the final votes are in for the Fan Fic contest.

1st Chromesthesia
2nd JJHughes
3rd William Lionheart

Congratulations! to @1st Chromesthesia for winning third place and @JJHughes for winning second place.
To all of you keep up the good work, keep writing and never lose ambition.
Back to top Go down
JJHughes

JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Alot of people overlook the fan-fiction contests in favor of the screenshot and gfx contests, but I think some of the best work comes from it, congratulations to everyone who participated this time around, It's not easy writing a story, it's something that comes from experience and is inspired by the things around us.
So I think if you took part in this contest you should be proud of yourself, and I hope to see you next time around.
[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Copertina
Back to top Go down
Chromesthesia

Chromesthesia

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Thanks everyone, and good job to everyone who entered also!

As stated, always keep writing. Continue your creative flair. With each letter and word you are creating a world within a world so to say. The possibilities are endless. Have an idea, a story even if short?

Write it down, flesh it out later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest   [CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

[CONTEST] Military Fan-Fiction Contest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1