Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
________________

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Your GECK projects?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eetterinakki



Posts : 771
Join date : 2014-07-30
Location : Winland

PostSubject: Your GECK projects?   Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:48 pm

So, pretty much everyone who has the GECK most likely has made some little plugin file of their own.  Be it a small change to trowing knife damage or a new worldspace, post yours here Very Happy

Mine include...
>weapon damage tweaks
>making unplayable items playable
>implementing unused items into the game
>messing around with NPC's and adding some of my own
>adding my own boss fights, often some psychopath raider with special outfit/weapon
>a variety of general player homes and other domicile related tweaks
>building random shit (like a springboard on Hoover Dam for dives)
>making rooftops accessible for some sweet sniping
>making a weird weapon from a vanilla one and naming it some terrible sexual innuendo
>making primitive mute companions and giving them horrible "humorous" names

>ambitious projects like new worldspaces and such that I never finish due to my lacking skills in scripting. These include an entire Mall with planned quests and bosses


So, what are yours?


Last edited by Eetterinakki on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperDemonBoy15



Posts : 388
Join date : 2014-07-25
Age : 17
Location : Lansing, MI

Character sheet
Name: Crowder
Faction: FOJ
Level: 7812

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:54 am

Im, converting mods for TTW, and doing realism mods.

_________________




Try out my other Realism overhaul for New Vegas!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
noodles1976



Posts : 447
Join date : 2014-07-24
Age : 40
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:12 am

Currently tinkering with:

Weapon damage modifier - All weapons start at a base damage of 100, then increase the damage based on caliber. The example being .22 = 100, .223/.556 = 150, 12 gauge = 200, .308 = 250 and so on. The idea of guns that do 10 damage and it takes 20 shots to the head to take out a bad guy is ludicrous. Since it applies to your weapons and theirs, it makes combat shorter and riskier.

Ellie Companion - Using Dragbody's race mod for Ellie to make a companion for a 'Last of Us' playthrough with the Joel race.

Editing existing mods to use with TTW, and swapping meshes/making mesh mash-up replacers for them. - Most mods as released are fantastic, but I enjoy puttering around with them and making them look how I want them to.

N~dles

_________________
“Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever.” - Robert A. Heinlein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sklone



Posts : 242
Join date : 2014-06-23
Age : 20
Location : in the wastes

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:19 am

My project at the moment learning how to actually use it most i can do is make a companion that is mute


_________________
My Achievements:
 

I used to be a field Scribe, a Deathclaw snapping my femur in half like a twig put an end to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaosyn



Posts : 218
Join date : 2014-08-16
Age : 44
Location : The Pitt

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:29 am

I used it once,messed it up so bad it crashed on startup every time.... don't ask how, I don't know.
Just recently re-installed it,not sure if I want to try doing anything though,not looking for a repeat performance...lol.

I might...MIGHT just stick to attempting re-coloring existing armors....Mostly personal,unless I do something I feel needs to be shared (and can get the ok to do it)...
But if I DO use the Geck, I have some weapon ideas (energy,not NEARLY enough of those),and I have some ideas for some companions...Usually I'm just the idea guy, not at all skilled with actually making mods. Who knows? Maybe I'll surprise myself....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eetterinakki



Posts : 771
Join date : 2014-07-30
Location : Winland

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:37 pm

@Chaosyn wrote:
I used it once,messed it up so bad it crashed on startup every time.... don't ask how, I don't know.
Just recently re-installed it,not sure if I want to try doing anything though,not looking for a repeat performance...lol.

I might...MIGHT just stick to attempting re-coloring existing armors....Mostly personal,unless I do something I feel needs to be shared (and can get the ok to do it)...
But if I DO use the Geck, I have some weapon ideas (energy,not NEARLY enough of those),and I have some ideas for some companions...Usually I'm just the idea guy, not at all skilled with actually making mods. Who knows? Maybe I'll surprise myself....

You probably accidentally loaded several files while making your plugin.
Doing that makes your plugin dependant on those files, meaning that if you load your plugin you must load all those other files too or it will crash.

If you use FOMM it shows them in the description when you click on your .esp

Also to the guy above, forgot the mute companions Vault boy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bft90679



Posts : 209
Join date : 2014-02-28
Age : 28
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Well, I got a lot of M&T from some mods, but some of them are too big so I only take what I want. Then adding them into the game along with custom sounds.
There is one mod I named it "Weapons Pack" because many of the cases above are eventually being add into this mod. And some of the weapons, I change projectiles' visible rate of traces to... well, you always can see them. And I can also change their colors(NifSkope is required), and even make new types of ammo like 9mm AP rounds TongueTril
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kira Yoshikage



Posts : 3576
Join date : 2014-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Osaka

Character sheet
Name: Regina "H8-84"
Faction: Institute, Forward Operating Unit
Level: 73

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:30 pm

I made some custom companions in the GECK as practice to see what I could pull of haha. I made a yao guai with a top hat and a deathclaw with a suit and monocle. Other than that simply adding armor and clothing effects such as increased medicine, science ect... The GECK is fun once you get the swing of things

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eetterinakki



Posts : 771
Join date : 2014-07-30
Location : Winland

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:56 pm

DiamondDogVS wrote:
I made some custom companions in the GECK as practice to see what I could pull of haha. I made a yao guai with a top hat and a deathclaw with a suit and monocle. Other than that simply adding armor and clothing effects such as increased medicine, science ect... The GECK is fun once you get the swing of things

Hell yeah it is, if only i knew how to make dialogue and scripting so I could get to quest modding Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FoVet20



Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Dublin, Ireland

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:03 am

im currently teaching myself scripting a made a mod that gave 50 caps every 24 hours and another one that gives 500 im currently working on one that allows nail grenades to be made using an explosions that fires shotgun projectiles in all directions Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArgusMercenary



Posts : 250
Join date : 2014-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:06 am

My projects consist of things that involve scripting, one of them includes resurrecting an old mod back from the dead.

What I have done just recently was to make an efficient way of distributing things through leveled lists, did one for form lists too, it involved looping, arrays and extraction of data from those arrays. Not something really complex but it is efficient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FoVet20



Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Dublin, Ireland

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:11 am

@ArgusMercenary wrote:
My projects consist of things that involve scripting, one of them includes resurrecting an old mod back from the dead.

What I have done just recently was to make an efficient way of distributing things through leveled lists, did one for form lists too, it involved looping, arrays and extraction of data from those arrays. Not something really complex but it is efficient.

scripting can be a really frustrating thing to do but it usually has a huge pay off i wish you good luck pal and im looking forward to seeing your future work Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Undeadsewer



Posts : 488
Join date : 2014-07-19
Location : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:13 am

Someone requested me to make a TTW version for the FNVCheatTerminal. Been working for a while and still not half-way finished. TongueTril

_________________
Be My Friend! Earn ACHIEVEMENTS!
My Achievements:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FoVet20



Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Dublin, Ireland

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 am

@Undeadsewer wrote:
Someone requested me to make a TTW version for the FNVCheatTerminal. Been working for a while and still not half-way finished. TongueTril

best of luck to you mate id love to see that i usually keep two saves one for legitimate gaming the other for cheating i had to stop cheating to use TTW properly so id like your mod in my load order Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArgusMercenary



Posts : 250
Join date : 2014-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 am

falloutveteran20 wrote:
@ArgusMercenary wrote:
My projects consist of things that involve scripting, one of them includes resurrecting an old mod back from the dead.

What I have done just recently was to make an efficient way of distributing things through leveled lists, did one for form lists too, it involved looping, arrays and extraction of data from those arrays. Not something really complex but it is efficient.

scripting can be a really frustrating thing to do but it usually has a huge pay off i wish you good luck pal and im looking forward to seeing your future work Smile

Its only frustrating at the start. Then again programming is what I'm going to be doing when I'm out of college. Eventually you start picking up things, but like any skill it requires patience. Unfortunately, what I did recently won't get released, not unless I modify it a lot, because the author of that mod doesn't want me to release it the way I made it.

I might change it, but that will have to happen later, that mod is going to be getting a big update so it is likely to have a lot of things changed, and I'm not quite sure I came out getting anything in return from my work. Not that I was doing all that to get anything (well just to save myself the headaches of having to do a lot of stuff each time something gets updated), I just wanted to help, they said no.

The other mod still needs a lot of work, but the core is done, as is what I believe to be the hard part of that mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral Slyther



Posts : 456
Join date : 2014-02-25
Age : 25
Location : New Avalon, SK (Mars)

Character sheet
Name: Slytheron
Faction: STAG / ADF
Level: ???

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:48 am

At the moment, I am...

-Building landscapes and architecture, new places, player abodes, etc.
-Forging combat gear and weapons in 3DS Max...
-Making NPCs, guards, traders, hitmen and assassins, adding a functional crime system to my faction that unlike the wasteland, you get greeted as the guards in the ES games, pay the fine, go to jail, etc. And adding story-based NPCs that will be involved in my quest-lines. Fully voiced for most of them.
-Adding several quests, not necessarily NCR or Legion related. Side-quests will allow the assassination of both particular NCR and Legion targets.
-Adding new vehicles that are not of the 50's sci-fi style. I like my Fallout environment to be properly futurized, and for some places,,, clean.

Doing all that in one ESM, so that I can split off the other places in several ESPs so it saves me the trouble adding all of that again in a single ESP within the GECK.

_________________
Blue is my mercy, orange is my fury...
"If you mess up again, I won't be responsible..." -A famous mobster
We are his chosen...


When Putin catches you memeing in Russia...:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s13.zifboards.com/DarkNetSK
Eetterinakki



Posts : 771
Join date : 2014-07-30
Location : Winland

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:33 pm

@Admiral Slyther wrote:
At the moment, I am...

-Building landscapes and architecture, new places, player abodes, etc.
-Forging combat gear and weapons in 3DS Max...
-Making NPCs, guards, traders, hitmen and assassins, adding a functional crime system to my faction that unlike the wasteland, you get greeted as the guards in the ES games, pay the fine, go to jail, etc. And adding story-based NPCs that will be involved in my quest-lines. Fully voiced for most of them.
-Adding several quests, not necessarily NCR or Legion related. Side-quests will allow the assassination of both particular NCR and Legion targets.
-Adding new vehicles that are not of the 50's sci-fi style. I like my Fallout environment to be properly futurized, and for some places,,, clean.

Doing all that in one ESM, so that I can split off the other places in several ESPs so it saves me the trouble adding all of that again in a single ESP within the GECK.

That sounds really interesting, are you planning on releasing it, and what will it be called?

So it's basically gameplay elements,quests and NPC overhauls in one mod.
Also, are the vehicles you're talking about player homes like the RV mod, or are they a plugin for XRE cars?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kuromuts



Posts : 88
Join date : 2014-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm hopeless with anything involves scripting so I'm clear with making quests. The best I could do is to place some note-based self-inflicted delusional side-quests, and to make a home that's custom to me and lore-friendly enough for my character. TongueTril

Really hope to get involve in some mod projects though, really felt like a lot of quest could use a little dialogue tweak to make it more lively, may try to do voice-acting in the future as well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eetterinakki



Posts : 771
Join date : 2014-07-30
Location : Winland

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:56 pm

@kuromuts wrote:
I'm hopeless with anything involves scripting so I'm clear with making quests. The best I could do is to place some note-based self-inflicted delusional side-quests, and to make a home that's custom to me and lore-friendly enough for my character. TongueTril

Really hope to get involve in some mod projects though, really felt like a lot of quest could use a little dialogue tweak to make it  more lively, may try to do voice-acting in the future as well...

I feel you. I'm a passionate GECK architecht, I love making huge detailed buildings, interiors included and thinking up entire questlines and encounters for them.

Then I never finish them because I can't script events Vault boy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowthief



Posts : 175
Join date : 2014-09-18
Age : 20
Location : Amata's House.

PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:33 am

I made a new nuka cola, im pretty proud of myself. I mean it doesn't have costume textures or anything but i used the GECK without breaking my game, so im proud. ( :

_________________

I see what you did t For signatures go checkout Raider Queens Posts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your GECK projects?   Today at 12:17 am

Back to top Go down
 

Your GECK projects?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Your GECK projects?
» NV GECK 1.3 has been released!!!
» GECK Landscape Problem
» GECK Weapon Knockback
» GECK suddenly CTD on cell load [FNV]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-