Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel NPCs commonwealth Overhaul body boomers Armor Mask wolfenstein machine Ryse Call boom riot money Gear hunk vault ghoul dead Superpele mandalorian FCOM Reforged daryl khan
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
[FNV] Animation issue Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[FNV] Animation issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

[FNV] Animation issue Empty
PostSubject: [FNV] Animation issue   [FNV] Animation issue EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 3:46 pm

I've noticed an issue with my weapon animations which is really breaking my immersion. When firing certain weapons in first person (namely pistols though a few 2h rifles have similar issues) there is no weapon sway or kickback. I can't provide a video, but it's not really necessary, it's pretty much what I said, there is no movement in the animation, just a stationary gun shot.

I was wondering if anyone a little more familiar with the animation files knows which particular files affect the 1h and 2h animation while aiming down the iron sights? Animation looks perfect outside of Iron sights. It is almost certainly coming from a mod as I disabled Archive Invalidation and the animation looked entirely normal. For the record I am using Hitman's animation overhaul and have no recollection of installing any other animation mods that may have changed this, though I have tried reinstalling the animation pack to no success.

If anyone can direct me to these files so I can remove or replace them I would be much obliged.

Back to top Go down
VWgolfR1

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Animation issue   [FNV] Animation issue EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Files that modify iron sight firing animations always have attack word in it and end with is. Automatic weapons all use one attack animation in their category; 1hpttackloopis (OneHandPistol animation type in GECK; Pistol - Ballistic in FNVEdit), 2haattackloopis (TwoHandAutomatic or Rifle - Automatic)), and 2hrattackloopis (TwoHandRifle or Rifle - Ballistic). Other weapons have their attacks marked with a number (2hrattack3is for example)
In order to know which animations cause problems, it would be beneficial to have FNVEdit installed, load all the mods, and check which attack animation the weapon in question uses. Or if you use GECK, you can discover this in the Art & Sound section of the weapon.

OneHandPistol
9mm Pistol and equivalents with the same reload: 1hpattackrightis
10mm Pistol, 5.56mm Pistol: 1hpattackrightis
.357 mag and Police Pistol: 1hpattack5is
.44 mag, Hunting Revolver, Sawed-Off Shotgun: 1hpattackleftis

TwoHandAutomatic
Service Rifle and Marksman Carbine: 2haattack3is
Riot Shotgun, 25mm Grenade APW: 2haattack4is

(if you use a non-scoped custom weapon with the same anim)
Sniper Rifle: 2haattackleftis
Gauss Rifle: 2haattack4is

TwoHandRifle
Battle Rifle, 'Dis Machine, Caravan Shogun, Grenade Rifle: 2hrattackleftis
Hunting Rayfl: 2hrattack3is
Every possible lever-action thing in existence: 2hrattack5is
HoloRifle, Grenade Launcher, Chick-chick shotguns: 2hrattack7is, although some mods, like Commonwealth Surplus, set these to TwoHandAutomatic and 2haattack7is
Vermin Rifle: 2hrattack8is
Anti-Materiel Rifle: 2hrattack9is

Automatics all use attackloopis, regardless if they are pistols or rifles

I think I covered almost all of them.
[FNV] Animation issue 1f1ec  [FNV] Animation issue 1f1f4  [FNV] Animation issue 1f1f4  [FNV] Animation issue 1f1e9   [FNV] Animation issue 1f1f1  [FNV] Animation issue 1f1fa  [FNV] Animation issue 1f1e8  [FNV] Animation issue 1f1f0
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Animation issue   [FNV] Animation issue EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Ah, thank you! This is perfect, lots of detail too. I can definitely see which files it would be from this because some of those are the exact weapons I've been having trouble with. I appreciate the detail. I will get to checking those first chance I get.

Thanks again!

I found which files are involved. They are from Hitman's 1st person animation packs which is weird because they've worked perfectly for me in the past. Surely enough, replacing them has changed nothing. If anyone can help with this, I'd be more than grateful.

The files I'm having issues with are both the 1h and 2h Attackloopis files, 1hpattackleftis, 1hpattackrightis, 2haatackleftis, 2haatack4is, 2haatack3is

Back to top Go down
VWgolfR1

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Animation issue   [FNV] Animation issue EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 7:38 pm

@IRORIEH Which version of the Hitman's pack are you using?
I'm using the files from his ''Improved iron sights'' pack on Nexus, and I don't have any problems.
Maybe you could try replacing the faulty files with those I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Animation issue   [FNV] Animation issue EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 11:40 am

I'm using the anniversary pack. I think I may have solved the issue (kind of)

On the old hitman animations on the Nexus, he mentioned making his newer animations with real recoil in mind. This doesn't particularly "fix" the animations, though it does add recoil, which immersively works out. I tried reinstalling iron sights from Nexus however they don't fit with the new animations and I wind up getting this odd clapping like animation when aiming with pistols.

This appears to be the best they'll look and they are working quite a bit better with Real Recoil installed.

Thanks a lot for the help! Thankfully, thing seem to be fixed. I'll just have to be very careful in future when it comes to my 1st person animations.

Back to top Go down
VWgolfR1

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Animation issue   [FNV] Animation issue EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Ok, I'm glad that it's working for you Smile

My honest opinion is that Hitman's animation pack, whichever version it is, seriously needs to be replaced because it is unfinished and still has annoying bugs. This appears as such because Hitman's work was all over the place (at least that's how I feel about it after following his progress for a while). For example, he spent so much time working on anims for non-vanilla weapons that he didn't even adjust the vanilla weapon reloads; they don't match the new idle animation, and your character always makes that rapid move towards the new idle everytime he/she finishes a vanilla reload. Next you have screen clipping of Gauss rifles (always), Light Machine Gun (during reload), and some other weapons as well because they're too close to the screen. Adjusting the FOV doesn't fix it.
His anims also aren't 100% compatible with animated sprint from the Animation Project mod, which is a damn shame because that sprint is miles better than Project Nevada's sprint, as it allows you to run like in every modern fps game - with your weapon in your hands, all fully animated, whereas PN's sprint forces you to holster your weapon everytime you sprint.
Even with the supposedly ''fixed version'' from Commonwealth Surplus mod page here on GUN these issues remain, plus some other minor annoyances.

I really hope @Decer will finish his reanimation project here and have these issues fixed. After all, he worked on 1st person animations for Animation Project, so that one should be covered.
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Animation issue   [FNV] Animation issue EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 2:16 pm

^^^ Which is the main reason why I've always have my doubts on whether or not I should do a hitman anims playthrough before. Tbh his animations are really solid, not gonna lie about that, but the thing that bugs me the most is that the anims are usually just for guns, while the energy weapons were left out. I know i know, the Energy Weapons were not a priority on this, but it would have been really great if it didn't have that jittery feel every after reload. Also that clipping with the Gauss Rifle, Light Machine Gun, Bozar, and Tesla Cannon Sad Probably the only reason why I am liking Fallout 4 is the fps elements in it, but other than that? Not that much.

I do hope that there will be an animation pack to succeed over hitman's. Animating is not easy so the most I can do is hope for it to happen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Animation issue   [FNV] Animation issue Empty

Back to top Go down

[FNV] Animation issue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1