Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel NPCs dead boom hunk Superpele space daryl Reforged Mask vault boomers FCOM Ryse machine upgrades Gear commonwealth khan mandalorian body Call ghoul riot wolfenstein money
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
laird000

laird000

Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 12:03 am

Hey guys, Recently I started another play through of fallout new vegas. Heavily modded of course. Today I decided to install 3 mods. Mission Mojave, EVE and A world of pain. After Installing these I started to experience texture issues all over the game after I fast Travelled.
I also am getting the red warning triangle for even vanilla objects.

I have uninstalled the mods and re-downloaded my game. I've Disabled and re-enabled archive invalidation and I've also ran a texture optimizer to no avail. Can anyone Help me out??

Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas I-immediately-regret-this-decision
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 12:24 am

Uninstall them one at a time and see which one is the issue? I also hope you aren't using NMM.
Back to top Go down
laird000

laird000

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 12:36 am

EmiliaTan wrote:
Uninstall them one at a time and see which one is the issue? I also hope you aren't using NMM.

Haha I am using NMM. And im using nearly 100 mods I don't think uninstalling them one by one would be very efficient at all!

Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas I-immediately-regret-this-decision
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 12:58 am

Yeah this is why I'm using Mod Organizer. You can untick any mod as its stored in a different directory. It would be tedious and annoying to convert over, but I think its worth it if you mod a lot. NMM is fine for newer games, but I highly advice against it for anything like FNV and Oldrim
Back to top Go down
laird000

laird000

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 1:00 am

EmiliaTan wrote:
Yeah this is why I'm using Mod Organizer. You can untick any mod as its stored in a different directory. It would be tedious and annoying to convert over, but I think its worth it if you mod a lot. NMM is fine for newer games, but I highly advice against it for anything like FNV and Oldrim

Yeah I completely agree. When I used to mod with FOMM it worked like a charm. Not anymore though got all these issues now.

Back to top Go down
cyber_funk

cyber_funk

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 1:18 am

I also recommend avoiding NMM. As I've said before it doesn't always clean up after itself and and lead to a mess later on. It's like if you buy a pack of condoms and some of them might have holes in it.

Mod Organizer on the other hand creates a virtual folder so that no mods even touch the NV directory and only load in when you run the game. It can be a bit tricky to get external programs like ENB injector to work right. If you want something a little more casual, FOMM works well. Hope this helps!

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 1:44 am

Eh, it's just personal experience, but I always used NMM and it always worked for me fine.

@laird000 It would help more if we knew how much plugins you have in your load order. This is a common issue with heavily modded New Vegas.

Nukacide

Nukacide

Character sheet
Name: ʜᴀᴡᴋ
Faction: ᴍᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴀʀʏ
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 1:53 am

This can also happen when someone has too many mods installed. If you get red triangles after fast travelling, try disabling a few mods.

Napara

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 2:13 am

You could try an delete your ini folder (User/Documents/My Games/Fallout New Vegas). That's my go to when other solutions don't work.

Unrelated to the topic but I'd also recommend switching from Mission Mojave to Yukichigai Unofficial Patch, and installing the Unofficial Patch Plus. And if you can I'd definitely recommend switching to Mod Organizer, it's so much better then NMM.

As to why you should switch to YUP - talgaby on the steam fourms gave an excellent explanation - "For a very long time MMUE was the foundation of most mod mixes as it corrected issues other mods never did. But then YUP came along and slowly made the same fixes and a bunch of other ones and now it is the most widely recognized unofficial patch instead of MMUE.")

Last edited by Napara on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 2:28 am

@Napara People with custom .ini files like myself are not going to delete the ini folder just like that. It's more preferable to edit those .ini files to make your game more stable.

Napara

Napara

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 2:52 am

@c4in Well if the ini files are deleted Fallout New Vegas will restore them to they're default settings, it doesn't decrease stability to do so, and it's not that difficult to re-customize them to your liking.

The New Vegas Configator is helpful in that process.

Apologies if I interpreted your comment incorrectly.
Have a nice evening.

Last edited by Napara on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 am

As mentioned above, you might have too many textures running in a cell at the time. The regular textures should be showing correctly in a properly installed game. They are BSAs and likely haven't been removed (non-ripped, hacked version of the game) so they are always there and ready.

You have likely went above your personal limit your machine can handle in regards to textures. You might want to uninstall some textures,meshes, optimize them (if possible and know how) or upgrade your hardware (if reasonable) to a graphic card that has more vram( up to 4gb more will be a waste in general for this game, more if you play other games that are 64bit) and depending on your other hardware you might have to upgrade processor (motherboard) to be able to handle the bandwith of the newer graphic card.

Dealing with NMM is fine. Unisntall all I believe is an option and you can reinstall the mods with a few clicks at a time to test what might be the issue. If worried about not having mods uninstalled correctly (which can happen with ANY MOD MANAGER Wink) then open the fallout nv folder, delete all the non game folders and assets you aren't sure are from the game, then verify cache, wait for referesh, install your tools, (NVSE, FNVedit if wanted, GECK etc If you cleaned to the "bone" and deleted their files ) and then open your favorite mod manager and start re-installation again. With a decent internet connection you can fix the game in a few minutes.

Cleaning a game up from mods isn't hard at all. No need for a "NUKE" option. (delete everything) Just delete the things you don't know belongs to the game. Folders for example, (even the orignal folders because they are very small and quick to be restored) All BSA, ESP,ESMs that aren't named the main game or a DLC. it is that easy.

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas   Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help with big texture and mesh errors in New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1