Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel daryl riot Superpele mandalorian ghoul dead NPCs Ryse hunk boomers Armor commonwealth machine Overhaul Call vault Reforged FCOM boom Gear khan Mask money wolfenstein body
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nick85

nick85

Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:47 am

For terminal hacking in Fallout New Vegas I use TPHT-100 Terminal Pre-Hacking Tool [url]http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51449/?[url] it has a float bugs I use the minebottlecap mesh from fallout 3 bsa to fix it.
Back to top Go down
DB8

DB8

Location : You're on a need to know basis and you don't need to know where I am!

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Anybody out there who feels like they just have an unusual talent for finding the right password without using any method at all, without even having to retry once? That's how I feel. If you just take a minute or two and try to find the password it usually isn't too hard. It seems it sometimes is related to the location, but if I just seem dumb and you all ready knew this please tell me.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:38 am

You can find duds it a bunch of symbols together if you get enough of them you get all your tries back

chanze555

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:50 am

I never had luck with any of the hacking terminals either. Even the easy terminals tend to be a challenge for me.Thanks for the tip though. I usually save before using one so this should be a way better method

Tactical DropBear

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am

DB8 wrote:
Anybody out there who feels like they just have an unusual talent for finding the right password without using any method at all, without even having to retry once? That's how I feel. If you just take a minute or two and try to find the password it usually isn't too hard. It seems it sometimes is related to the location, but if I just seem dumb and you all ready knew this please tell me.
I am fully aware of how the hacking in FNV works, But a wise man once said "A fast game's a good game"
The reason for posting this small tip was to help some of you guys who were not aware of how to hack quickly without using cheats or slower methods.
This method is also a tip for everyone to keep in the back of their mind while exploring the wastes,
The Developers added this function to the game for a reason hence the "System Security Reset"
Anyway, i hope you understand now  Beer

DB8

Location : You're on a need to know basis and you don't need to know where I am!

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:16 am

MoDDeRAus wrote:
DB8 wrote:
I am fully aware of how the hacking in FNV works, But a wise man once said "A fast game's a good game"
The reason for posting this small tip was to help some of you guys who were not aware of how to hack quickly without using cheats or slower methods.
This method is also a tip for everyone to keep in the back of their mind while exploring the wastes,
The Developers added this function to the game for a reason hence the "System Security Reset"

I may seem like an ass-hat by not posting something related to the topic, but why did you need to tell me that? I just posted what I did to maybe have someone else relate to it and post something talking about how maybe it is easy for them too. You don't need to try and get me to understand anything dude.

Tactical DropBear

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:22 am

DB8 wrote:
MoDDeRAus wrote:
DB8 wrote:

I may seem like an ass-hat by not posting something related to the topic, but why did you need to tell me that? I just posted what I did to maybe have someone else relate to it and post something talking about how maybe it is easy for them too. You don't need to try and get me to understand anything dude.
Oh no sorry dude, it wasn't meant to come off that way.. I've just been getting alot of responses similar to your post. i apologize, I think it was just a bit of miscommunication.
I wanted to just set the record straight :s

DB8

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

It's all right MoDDeRAus, it's all cool now. As to something related to terminal hacking, there is not a whole lot in terms of tips, everybody has probably all ready posted all there is to know. What I usually do is use 3 of the 4 tries you get to try and see if I guess the right password. If that fails I look for the dud removers....whatever you want to call them, to see if I can replenish my tries. That usually works most of the time.

ninodeawesome

Character sheet
Name: Dorian
Faction: Independent
Level: 26

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks man so simple but yet so good.  I see what you did t 

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 5:54 pm

I always thought this was common knowledge...used this method all the time when I started playing FO3 way back when. BTW, an exploit for XP in either game for terminals that control safes is to hack the terminal, then 'red button' out of the interface without unlocking the safe. Then use your lockpicks on the safe to open it. Double the XP, double the fun...provided you have the skill level for it.

N~dles

Tactical DropBear

Tactical DropBear

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 5:59 pm

ninodeawesome wrote:
Thanks man so simple but yet so good. I see what you did t
No problem dude glad i helped.

noodles1976 wrote:
I always thought this was common knowledge...used this method all the time when I started playing FO3 way back when. BTW, an exploit for XP in either game for terminals that control safes is to hack the terminal, then 'red button' out of the interface without unlocking the safe. Then use your lockpicks on the safe to open it. Double the XP, double the fun...provided you have the skill level for it.
N~dles
Oh wow i never thought of that one, thanks mate. do you mind if i add this in?

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:02 pm

I don't mind at all. Feel free to add that tip however you wish.

Cheers,

N~dles

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!   Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Tip on Terminal Hacking!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2