Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boom Call Gear Armor vault NPCs dead mandalorian Superpele boomers Overhaul Mask money body Reforged wolfenstein commonwealth FCOM khan hunk Ryse machine marvel daryl riot ghoul
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

» Greetings!
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[FNV] Favorite Faction?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CAP.JKsimmons

CAP.JKsimmons

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

[FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 9:06 am

cyber_funk wrote:
well let's see..
-post-Tandi NCR is a bureaucratic mess made up of brahmin baron cronies
-BoS are a bunch of LARPing tech fetishists that vaporize anyone on sight caught carrying a laser pointer.
-Then you have Walt Disney, who wants to play Elon Musk in his little city-state. Which is all well and good, except without expansion will result in conquest, if not by Legion or NCR then some other group in the future, it will be inevitable.

Caesar's Legion is made out to be the bad guy the whole game but in reality they had the safest trade routes, most freedom for non-slaves and zero taxation or bloated bureaucracies.
The Legion was in Caesar's own words: "a nationalist, imperialist, totalitarian, homogenous culture that obliterates the identity of every group it conquers."

Only issue is the kind of leader that is needed to inherit Caesar's will can only be produced under an individualistic society, which the legion has completely crushed out of it's governmental ranks. Meaning once Caesar dies, entropy takes over and the order crumbles. You'll notice none of Caesars slave soldiers shared(or even understood for that matter) his philosophy.

At the end of the day, you, the courier are the best faction... But none of that matters anyway because years later the Mojave gets flooded with Tunnelers, "Ghost People", the Red Cloud from the Sierra Madre, all major trade routes become uncrossable and the Dam gets destroyed. The end.

Source:

I assume you're referering to DUST? Great mod and all but is it really considered canon?

Peanutpwner71

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 6:50 pm

I was with the NCR for the whole ride. Even when I would make new characters and try playing through the other faction story lines, I would always end up changing my mind and side with the Republic lol.
Rule of Law is pretty important in post apocalyptic society, and you gotta admit the Veteran Rangers are freaking sweet
Back to top Go down
ghostsniperx13

ghostsniperx13

Character sheet
Name: Kagami Ryosuke
Faction: New Japan Liberators
Level: 17

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 11:07 pm

In my opinion, I personally like the Institute, due to the fact that they just want to try and help the people of the Wasteland, but came out on a bad start. To me, I enjoyed taking control of the Institute as Director as I can control every action for the future of Mankind, like I can free synths and allow them to live normal lives and not be constricted as slaves underground. I feel that in my playthrough, they could make a difference to the wasteland unlike the Brotherhood, like why continue with the apocalypse when you can create a better future for everyone with superior technology.

toxicfrenzy4589

toxicfrenzy4589

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 2:26 am

favorite new vegas faction? well all the most interesting characters imo belong to the legion, Caesar, lanius, Joshua, Ulysses, all amazing characters that belong to a faction that has an interesting history behind it as well. but just faction overall it would have to be NCR, the true ogs of fallout
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:07 am

CAP.JKsimmons wrote:
cyber_funk wrote:
well let's see..
-post-Tandi NCR is a bureaucratic mess made up of brahmin baron cronies
-BoS are a bunch of LARPing tech fetishists that vaporize anyone on sight caught carrying a laser pointer.
-Then you have Walt Disney, who wants to play Elon Musk in his little city-state. Which is all well and good, except without expansion will result in conquest, if not by Legion or NCR then some other group in the future, it will be inevitable.

Caesar's Legion is made out to be the bad guy the whole game but in reality they had the safest trade routes, most freedom for non-slaves and zero taxation or bloated bureaucracies.
The Legion was in Caesar's own words: "a nationalist, imperialist, totalitarian, homogenous culture that obliterates the identity of every group it conquers."

Only issue is the kind of leader that is needed to inherit Caesar's will can only be produced under an individualistic society, which the legion has completely crushed out of it's governmental ranks. Meaning once Caesar dies, entropy takes over and the order crumbles. You'll notice none of Caesars slave soldiers shared(or even understood for that matter) his philosophy.

At the end of the day, you, the courier are the best faction... But none of that matters anyway because years later the Mojave gets flooded with Tunnelers, "Ghost People", the Red Cloud from the Sierra Madre, all major trade routes become uncrossable and the Dam gets destroyed. The end.

Source:

I assume you're referering to DUST? Great mod and all but is it really considered canon?

No, this is not referring to DUST. Albeit a great mod, he's referring to the secret Dead Money Ending where you team up with Father Elijah and bring the Sierra Madre poison cloud to the Mojave. Not considered canon but a vanilla option in the Dead Money DLC

Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 am

Although I never side with the legion, they are perhaps my favourite faction

Despite their brutality and terrible armour design, they're quite an interesting faction - made up of tribes, that's pretty cool

Back to top Go down
lastR4NG3R

lastR4NG3R

Character sheet
Name: Last Ranger
Faction: Desert Rangers
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Although faintly mentioned, the Desert Rangers are my favorite. Hardened survivalists, preserving peace and teaching others survival tactics and techniques. They're pretty similar to the FoA, but much smaller and less common, especially since they've been absorbed into the NCR.

Hwilson

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm

I love the brotherhood of steel I like the quest and there power armor
Back to top Go down
Sierran

Sierran

Character sheet
Name: "Trooper"
Faction: NCR
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:44 am

For me, it would have to be the NCR. They're the obvious good guys, harping on about democracy, freedom and the rule of law. Despite how poorly the government runs thanks to corruption and self interest, they are the best hope for the Mojave's people, in comparison to the other groups cutting around.

Doc Holliday

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm

It's hard for me to pick a favorite, they all have downsides and at the end of the day I would trust none of them. I suppose I would pick the NCR. Originally started with good intentions, I feel like they need me more than other factions. Being able to actually enlist and be given ranks and assigments would have made me more committed to picking the NCR.
Back to top Go down
Niik Havod

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 29, 2017 1:44 am

Caesar's Legion is my favorite faction. A group based on the ancient Roman Empire, it is probably the most fascinating and intriguing faction in the game for me. Led by a cunning man named Caesar who despises democratic societies, they seek to unite humanity under one ruler and one banner to rebuild civilization. Furthermore, Caesar has a distaste for technology and the dependence of it. He views it as partially responsible for the great war.

The Legion makes use of incredibly harsh and brutal methods to make their points.

Having one of the most competently trained soldiers in the wastes, they are not a foe to be easily dealt with. The Legion Induces great fear into the inhabitants of the wasteland and have kept their territory far more secure than their rivals.

Last edited by Niik Havod on Wed May 31, 2017 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadowLTU

ShadowLTU

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 29, 2017 5:18 am

NCR is my favorite faction. They got everything needed to restore civilization in the Wasteland: big volunteer army, scientists and most important - idea for civilization reborn.
But why I like NCR the most is because of their Rangers. In my opinion veteran rangers in their coats are force to be reckoned with and they are only ones who represent The Republic in its best form.
As for The Legion, the idea of faction based on Roman Empire is cool and you cannot get better antagonist for NCR.
But in the end NCR comes on top.
Back to top Go down
OrcLivesMatter

OrcLivesMatter

Character sheet
Name: Orc
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 1000000000

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 29, 2017 5:32 am

Can Mr.House be called a faction?
Back to top Go down
Riddell26

Riddell26

Character sheet
Name: Commander Doom
Faction: Grand Army of The Republic
Level: 0-3

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 1:33 pm

The Enclave Remnants. It shows that not all members of the Enclave were sociopaths.

"They grow up loyal to the Republic, or they don't grow up at all."
―Alpha-17
Back to top Go down
Jojisen123

Jojisen123

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 2:00 pm

NCR, through out the game you get all these characters that have different opinions about the NCR and the fact that they originated from the first game is something I find truly compelling.
I love how some characters detest the NCR for the fact of them just rolling over anybody they meet without stopping and asking for a poll or something. And that's how we will get a revolution. Just think about it a Fallout revolution in a future game. (And the ranger armors look sick. )

Edit: not to trash all the other factions but you never really get a lot of different opinions about the other factions. The Legion is bad, "The BOS is mysterious but won't hurt me if I don't have high tech weapons".
I like the NCR, not for the quests but the flaws and people behind them.

gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 2:14 pm

I honestly really like the NCR which is ironic considering my opinion on real world California tongue

Enclave11

Enclave11

Character sheet
Name: Colonel Autumn
Faction: Enclave
Level: 80

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 2:13 am

Followers of the apocalypse they help people is the same great, but there is a minus they do not have the resources to help everyone.
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 3:43 am

NCR. At first, I kinda found them a bit of a bore, considering I came from the Fallout 3 gen of fans, but going back and playing the full story from 1 through to NV, I have to really appreciate what NCR represents. It's the progression of the post war world into a civilised Republic. Of course as many characters like Ulysses, Caesar or Mr. House point out, building a world based purely on the Old One is basically repeating the same mistakes, but NCR is probably the most natural and realistic progression we see in Fallout. It doesn't really make sense that the Wasteland would remain entirely chaotic 200 years later. Resettling and repopulating the wastes is bound to occur like we see in Fallout 2 and NV. If anything, that opens the way for a new type of danger, corruption, which is present in places like Vegas and Reno. Now that people don't need to worry about Wasteland threats as much, they can focus on growing rich and profiteering, like the senators in Shady Sands, which is part of the reason NCR's campaign in the Mojave is going so poorly. They grew lax under the newfound illusion of safety and were unprepared to face an enemy that would really test their ability to defend the massive territory they built up.

Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 am

Caesars Legion is definitely an interesting faction. It brings Spartan culture(even though they were based on the Roman Legion) to the American Nuclear Wasteland.

But my favorite faction would probably be the Enclave Remnants. You have to commend their efforts to survive and make a difference despite what they have gone through. And they still kick ass even at the age of 80(my assumption Very Happy).

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
Primus_Daibhidh

Primus_Daibhidh

Character sheet
Name: Daibhidh of Salopia
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 am

The Legion, a meritocracy is much greater of a society than a false "democracy"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Favorite Faction?   [FNV] Favorite Faction? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[FNV] Favorite Faction?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next