Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse machine Reforged ghoul Superpele daryl khan hunk commonwealth Gear riot Call Mask space marvel mandalorian dead boomers NPCs body boom money vault upgrades FCOM wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Have any of you ever played Caravan? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Have any of you ever played Caravan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Have you ever played caravan?
Whats that?
Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_lcap0%Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, but some npc's talked about it once.
Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_lcap15%Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 5 ]
I tried it once but couldn't understand it.
Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_lcap42%Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 14 ]
I played it only for the achievements.
Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_lcap9%Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Its pretty fun to play every now and then.
Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_lcap33%Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 11 ]
Caravan > Gwent
Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_lcap0%Have any of you ever played Caravan? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
tuxek

tuxek

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Have any of you ever played Caravan? Empty
PostSubject: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 9:26 am

So I am trying to get all achievements on steam for fallout nv and one of them asks me to win at gwent 3 and 30 times.

I have no idea how to play it however.
It is funny how I have played this game for over 5 years but I never ever have understood how the carvavan game works.

So I am really wondering how many other people who absolutely love this game and hell maybe mod the game, but have never played this weird, unexplained minigame.

Oh and if you do perhaps know the rules.
Could you try to explain it and also the controls of it.

(hopefully the poll works properly)

-Julius Caesar

Q: Can you teach me how to rig? - A: Perhaps this will help:
Back to top Go down
gentledamnspy

gentledamnspy

Character sheet
Name: Sharpshooter
Faction: Freelance
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 am

Hello, @tuxek. I found Caravan card game pretty fun and easy minigame. I always enjoyed Caravan a lot and never found a reason to not playing it. But i'm afraid it's gonna be hard to me to explain you the rules since i'm a russian and my english isn't the best. I can only provide to you my "very useful" advices. Please check Fallout Wiki or youtube video guides about Caravan. Since i never played Gwent, i would say Caravan is better that Gwent.

Last edited by gentledamnspy on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nukacide

Nukacide

Character sheet
Name: ʜᴀᴡᴋ
Faction: ᴍᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴀʀʏ
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:32 am

Nope! 5000+ hrs poured into new vegas and haven't played a single full game of caravan! LOL!

gentledamnspy

Character sheet
Name: Sharpshooter
Faction: Freelance
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:37 am

@Nukacide Give it a try, it's not so hard.

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 11:22 am

It is pretty fun to play but it is just too easy in my opinion, no competition at all. Still it is a good way to earn caps. lol
Back to top Go down
Cerruti

Cerruti

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 12:32 pm

@Nukacide Thank you guy, it's always fun not to be the only one. Have any of you ever played Caravan? 1f60b

Timeseeker

Character sheet
Name: Blues
Faction: Light Labs
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 1:22 pm

I tried it once or twice, had no fucking clue what I was doing. Read some instructions on the internet, still had no clue. Consulted a friend who's won so many caravan games he got an achievement — still no idea. Gave up.

Screw4ff

Screw4ff

Character sheet
Name: Red Crow
Faction: A Lonely boy
Level: The amount of times Aarius has changed his profile pic

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 1:23 pm

I've played it once or twice, it's like someone wanted blackjack to be a more two player central game as opposed to one player and the dealer, and while developing the game they slowly lost their fucking minds. Why do you need so many rules? I don't know man, I'm just gonna stick to blackjack.

Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 1:32 pm

I only really played it for the achievements, otherwise it's just a boring game that I never really understood.

Well, at least I have all the achievements for NV so I guess it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 2:32 pm

I played probably 4 games in total. Never bothered to learn. Never felt the need to since I made all my money through picking everything up that I saw and sell it. It's pure Pazaak.
Back to top Go down
erictuong

erictuong

Character sheet
Name: Classified
Faction: UNSC
Level: Spartan II

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 2:45 pm

I've only played Caravan for the achievement, but honestly I don't remember how to play it. It's been awhile since I've played New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
GhostCR0

GhostCR0

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 am

Once I got hang of it I played it every chance I could. It's been a long time since I played New Vegas so I don't remember the rules but I think you get the "rule book" from Ringo, otherwise you can check fallout wikia for rules or watch YT video on how to play it

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 1:25 am

Caravan is actually a rather ingenious game when you think about it. The game incorporates elements of Fallout's lore and entertains you at the same time, providing your willing to learn. The in game tutorial for Caravan (a note) is lack luster and does a terrible job of explaining the mechanics of the game. Obsidian would have been better off introducing a voiced NPC that walks you through an entire game to explain the basics. Youtube search for how to play caravan or looking at the fallout wikia will explain with no confusion how caravan works, it's a mix between blackjack (not exceeding 26 vs 21) and elements of solitaire in my opinion.

The difficulty of caravan can be changed in the GECK for the NPC players and there are mods on the nexus that increase the difficulty and add new NPC players that were either disabled or their dialogue options were not enabled.

With NVSE you can even have NPC's that play Caravan until they are broke and lose every last cap, dollar, or aureus/denarius.
Back to top Go down
cyber_funk

cyber_funk

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 am

Tapper wrote:
Caravan is actually a rather ingenious game when you think about it. The game incorporates elements of Fallout's lore and entertains you at the same time, providing your willing to learn. The in game tutorial for Caravan (a note) is lack luster and does a terrible job of explaining the mechanics of the game. Obsidian would have been better off introducing a voiced NPC that walks you through an entire game to explain the basics. Youtube search for how to play caravan or looking at the fallout wikia will explain with no confusion how caravan works, it's a mix between blackjack (not exceeding 26 vs 21) and elements of solitaire in my opinion.

The difficulty of caravan can be changed in the GECK for the NPC players and there are mods on the nexus that increase the difficulty and add new NPC players that were either disabled or their dialogue options were not enabled.

With NVSE you can even have NPC's that play Caravan until they are broke and lose every last cap, dollar, or aureus/denarius.

Well put, it was a well crafted, fun mini-game that fit well into the lore of the game world but it's presentation was so terrible that almost no one played it.

Kinda like how less than 7%(according to steam records) of people even played Lonesome Road, which is a tragedy if you ask me.

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyMon May 08, 2017 8:17 pm

If you're looking for something of a tutorial, I might be able to give one. Caravan involves having six tracks of cards called Caravans, three for each player. Your ultimate goal is have each track add up to a value that is more than 21 but less than 26. The catch is... once you start adding cards... Say, you add a two and then a three. If you add a card that's higher than the card before it, you essentially have to keep adding cards with a higher value from your hand, vice versa if you decrease in value. Certain cards like the Queen can reverse this, letting you go back down in values if you were goin up and vice versa. Other special cards include the jack, which can remove a card from yours or your opponent's tracks, the king, which adds an additional 10 to a card of your choice (Yours or your partners.) And the queen, which I've already mentioned. =p

Hope this helped you some! ( Sunny Smiles - 2281 )

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
MicksandMatch

MicksandMatch

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyTue May 09, 2017 3:05 am

Nothing is >Gwent (imo). It's such a finely crafted mini-game.
Back to top Go down
Pre-Workout

Pre-Workout

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyWed May 10, 2017 12:05 pm

For some reason there is some so unbelievably unappealing to Caravan that I could never bring myself to try it. Is it actually fun? I don't know, maybe I'll force myself to learn just for kicks.

Have any of you ever played Caravan? Whomst10
Back to top Go down
bearkingboy

bearkingboy

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Spent all the money buying cards to get the bages on steam
Back to top Go down
MrVulpe

MrVulpe

Character sheet
Name: Kyousuke
Faction: Maou The True Dark Lord
Level: 99

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Likewise really, never really understood Caravan or did i really ever think about it. I usually just did the other mini games if i felt like playing them. Then again it was back on console years ago when i did try Caravan, might be worth giving another try haha.

Back to top Go down
Niik Havod

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? EmptyWed May 31, 2017 2:38 am

Card games within video games generally have never really interested me. In fact, the only time I've attempted to play Caravan was because of role playing purposes. I thought the Courier should probably be a great card player. I thought i'd just wing it as I was too lazy to stick around reading a guide on how to play at the time. Of course, I failed badly and have since never really tried again. Perhaps I may give it another go in a future playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have any of you ever played Caravan?   Have any of you ever played Caravan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have any of you ever played Caravan?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next