Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault hunk Gear commonwealth Superpele boom money body Mask ghoul mandalorian Ryse riot wolfenstein Overhaul khan NPCs dead boomers machine Reforged FCOM daryl marvel Armor Call
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aidan_r_m

Aidan_r_m

Character sheet
Name: EddieMcPickle
Faction: Don'tTazeMeBro
Level: 666

How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Empty
PostSubject: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 am

I really want to know as Fallout: 5 was announcrd, and while Fallout: 4 was a good game, it wasn't really true to the previous ones. So... I guess lets discuss how we think Bethesda will handle the next game.

gentledamnspy

Character sheet
Name: Sharpshooter
Faction: Freelance
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am

It is hard to imagine and think about it. Bethesda will not and should not try to make the next fallout game as the previous F3, NV, since F4 is fully paid off and many people likes this "fallout".

RedEye

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 11:29 am

Announced? This another rumor spread by a random youtuber or an actual announcement by bethesda?
Back to top Go down
What Are U Casul?

What Are U Casul?

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:38 pm

the only thing i could find that was bethesda related was some leak that could be fake so yeah no official announcement for now

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Guaranteed Synths are gone, as there is no way for them to keep being created without the Institute. Otherwise, if an Institute ending is canon, they're probably just going to include little easter eggs relating to Fallout 4 here and there.

Other than that, I can see the Next Fallout not changing too much from the previous Fallout games. I can see the story bringing back key factions like the NCR and/or Brotherhood but really anything is possible at this moment in time.
Back to top Go down
RedEye

RedEye

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Well on the original topic;

I won't start speculating on a location. If it's bethesda releasing the next Fallout, i really hope they learn from their mistakes instead of just following the money and dumbing down Fallout. Fallout will die real quick real soon if that trend continues, to the point that even mods can't fix it anymore, and it'll turn into your generic run n gun kill everyone wanna-be RPG. I feel Fo4 almost fits this description, which is why i don't play it like i did New Vegas, i play it like a survival game, with mods that make it into one.

What i hope from the next Fallout; Better writing, story, quests, meaningful choices, choices that change the game world forever until you start a new game.

Stopping this nonsense of completely fictional weapons, like seriously, just look at the "assault rifle" from Fo4. Compare that to what we had in New Vegas and the originals, weapons based off real world firearms, hell even Fo3 had a few. I'd like the weapons of FO5 to be mostly from previous fallouts, and that bethesda would not create a single new weapon, since they suck at weapon design so badly. Thank god for weapon mods. They pretty much saved Fo4.

The choice to be evil. I'm talking really evil, the kind of evil Fallout has never seen, join raiders, work up your ranks, pillage towns with your raider army, loot, torture, murder, enslave, then burn it all to the ground, hang the bodies, behead some folks, keep the heads and use them as decorations, make skulls into ash trays, make armor from your victims bones, sell slaves for profit or use them as farmers, capture wanderers and tie them into trees for live target practice, etc.etc..

But what i expect from another bethesda Fallout; Even simpler quests with one outcome, horrible, cringy writing unless they fire Emil, no RP possibilities, you're a good guy, like it or not.
Ballistic weapons designed so badly they couldn't possibly fire irl.

I wouldn't be surprised if they only gave one dialogue option for each conversation.

They'll also keep disrespecting the original lore and mess with it however they like, pushing Fallout Veterans even further from the franchise, to the point where we can officially declare Fallout dead.
Time of death; the release date of Fo5 if it's a bethesda title.
Back to top Go down
Screw4ff

Screw4ff

Character sheet
Name: Red Crow
Faction: A Lonely boy
Level: The amount of times Aarius has changed his profile pic

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm

No more voiced protag, when Todd Howard looks at something and says "Yep, that was a fuck up." you can bet it wont be in the next game, though that rarely happens. Probably set in the east, since Bethesda really likes their fucked up city spaces. A generally lukewarm story with one or two notable side-quests but improved mechanics like combat, crafting, and a surprise here and there.

With FO4 I can safely say that no one say the settlement building or a return of somewhat immersive fast travel (vertibirds), so it really comes down to speculation and hopes for what we see in the next Fallout game. Personally I'd like to see pilotable vehicles, or maybe even terrain destruction (as insanely difficult as that later one would be). Honestly I think what keeps people coming back to Fallout games is the potential there. Every game has the potential to be "the Best Game" but falls short due to technological or development limitations. FNV could have been mind blowing if Obsidian had been cut a little bit of slack, unfortunately we only got a really, really good game.

Aidan_r_m

Aidan_r_m

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 2:14 pm

@RedEye I have to agree with you on being evil and really everything else. You never really get to feel evil, yeah, you can kill everyone in a town. But the raiders still attack you and people will still like you and treat you like a good guy. I also agree with you on the whole money and weapons problem. All of the vanilla guns felt cartoony, and just all around dumb.

Cerruti

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 2:18 pm

All right! For me the next Fallout will have fewer bugs, even if the 4 is rather stable.

The choice of place, another states of the United States, certainly with many cities but not only.

New weapons (please recruit modders !!), new armor / clothes (same) ........

Full of promises on a revolutionary game, full of novelties ..... (thanks for the lies).
A trailer ...... (ok).

But, with certainty, the games Fallout 3, NV and the 4, were very profitable financially so for the next, we will also break our piggy bank.

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 3:38 pm

I have no idea or any evidence to support this, but I feel like Texas might be an option. No idea why. Don't ask why as I won't be able to give an answer. I just think Texas for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Decer

Decer

Character sheet
Name: Asurah
Faction: Rapists of New World
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Sadly, as long as FO5 will be developed by Todd Howards top ideas, i won't be interested in FO5. FO3 in some kind, ruined some ideas of FO1-2, FNV restored it, and NOOO, Bad Todd, Bad! He ruined it again.

:*(

Aidan_r_m

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 pm

@Wertologist Texas would actually be pretty cool, they could add some story about like people from El Paso fighting some other people from Mexico, but I don't know, we can only hope that Bethesda won't fuck it up again.

UndeadFiend16

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 am

Poorly. I tried a lot to like Fallout 4. I mean, I tried exceptionally hard to find some redeeming qualities in it related to Fallout and I just couldn't, not without mods. Truth be told, I don't think Bethesda is going to get any better with Fallout unless they want to touch back on the roots and be true to the series itself. Voiced protagonist, forced stories, limited choices, that's not Fallout and I can't have true faith in Bethesda to make a decent Fallout game. They can make fun games, because I enjoyed my time with FO4, but it's a sort of a "it's a good game, but it's not a Fallout game."

My hope is that they fire whatever shit tier writers they have now, hire a new batch, take even more notes from Obsidian (not just on the goddamn companions), and we might end up with something that I might call a worthy successor to Fallout New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:33 am

First off, kill that one: Fallout 5 is not announced. That said, of course Bethesda will make it. They own the licence and the franchise, so don't fret about announcements. It'll happen when it happens.

Second, the "supposed" (big emphasis on "supposed", as it is a rumour) is New Orleans, though that's likely made up. It would be nice to get a Fallout down south, particularly as Bethesda have exiled the events of BoS from the lore.
In reality, setting and content will be fine, but as enough people above have already said, what Bethesda really need is to tell a better story. There's only so long you can ride on the coat tails of it been a Fallout game before people just start to give up on the series. Bethesda need to really put together a smash hit to recover from Fallout 4's narrative lull. How they go about doing this however, is anyone's guess.

Back to top Go down
DontKnow42

DontKnow42

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 11:38 am

I really hope Bethesda get Obsidian to make another one, if they will. I loved NV, loads more than fallout 4. As for its location, I'd like another city based one, maybe NYC or something.
Back to top Go down
geminispark262

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 11:49 am

We are talking about a long period of time in future when Fallout 5 actually get announced. We never know as Bethesda might actually start developing Fallout 5 at this moment like they did with 4 back in 2008. During this period of time, I hope they learn things that fans don't like in general and get their next game back on track of actual Fallout RPG.
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 12:46 pm

DontKnow42 wrote:
I really hope Bethesda get Obsidian to make another one, if they will. I loved NV, loads more than fallout 4. As for its location, I'd like another city based one, maybe NYC or something.
Just because Obsidian make it, doesn't mean it will be fantastic. Obsidian are great storytellers, but they've had misfires as well. To boot, how many times are Bethesda going to contract another company to do pre-existing employees jobs?

Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 1:40 pm

There were a lot of really great improvements in Fallout 4, but there were also a lot of drawbacks. I think one of the biggest controversies with this game was the whole voiced protagonist and dialogue system. While it was a fantastic idea, it was not something that Fallout should have. It took away a lot of interesting options for talking to people that we saw in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The dynamic dialogue system was also a good idea but it was very wonky and didn't work right.

If they got rid of these things and took a step back to the old style and went with a more compelling story that was not so linear and didn't have such a large focus on constantly finding your kid, it would be leaps and bounds better.

The settlement system is also an area of interest in the next game as well. It's wonderful to have the option to make our own bases and player homes exactly how we want them as well as our own small towns and what not, but there was too much emphasis on them and they felt forced. If it was more of a passive mechanic that wasn't always required but still had the depth of features it does now, that would make it much better.

If they fixed up a lot of the issues with Fallout and utilized the newer engine in a better way with the next Fallout game, i think it has a strong chance of being really good.

Ichigo Tiger White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 pm

I agree no more, Bethesda need to educate Emil Pagliarulo the best lead writer video games in Bethesda Games Studio to write more appealing story rather than cliche moment of finding your father and finding your son and finding your mom(fallout 5 next hehehe) stuff. Emil Pagliarulo need to immerse himself in the world of Fallout what make it Fallout the post nuclear apocalyptic role-playing games in the first place. well despite Emil Pagliarulo ego I am sure of it. why not ask Josh Sawyer, Brian Fargo, Tim Cain and Chris Avellone a bit of tips how to make Fallout yah? to me, if Bethesda really want to dumb down their games, streamlined their games, I don't care about it anymore. dumb down RPG mechanic? fuck it. at least make the story interesting and appealing not Preston Garvey meme i mark on your map settlement need help fecth quest..
Back to top Go down
ShanghaiBatz

ShanghaiBatz

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 4:13 pm

It'll probably go as it always does, mediocre story and side quests with an amazing game world.
I wish they would just let Obsidian handle Fallout so they can focus on pumping out TES games faster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?   How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you see Bethesda's next Fallout going?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next