Info Panel

Calendar Calendar

[PETITION] OBSIDIAN Entertainment,

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[PETITION] OBSIDIAN Entertainment,

Post by klup89 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:00 am

So I miss many Fallout elements in fallout 4 and I sure am not the only one, I think I found the solution so the next fallout game wont be utter shit, : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/717/432/352/ Big-Hug

I do companion requests!!
klup89

Character sheet
Name: Floor
Faction: NCR
Level: 89

View user profile https://nv-mp.com/forum/index.php?members/ncr-veteran-ranger.105

Back to top Go down

Re: [PETITION] OBSIDIAN Entertainment,

Post by gentledamnspy on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Sorry, i would like to see next fallout game by Obsidian too! But... truth is - it never happen. Don't waste your time, gentleman. If you want to know more about this or why Obsidian never create next fallout game check some internet resources, like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4502oe/be_careful_what_you_wish_for_another_fallout_game/

Character sheet
Name: Sharpshooter
Faction: Freelance
Level: 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehlengast on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Petitions are a nice try, but normally they don't really change that much tbh. You're right, a Fallout game by Obsidian would definitely be epic, but I don't really think we can "force" them with a petition.

Ehlengast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IRORIEH on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:06 pm

It's a noble pursuit, but all it amounts to is essentially asking Bethesda to contract Obsidian to work on the next Fallout, which while it's certainly what we want, it may not be possible.
It's far more cost effective for Bethesda to develop their own games in house and cut out the costs of paying an outside team, on top of your own staff. Then there is the issue of your statement. It basically amounts to "your game is bad, let better people make it" which while I don't particularly disagree, it's not particularly the type of feedback a company like Bethesda, to whom Fallout New Vegas was enough of a black eye already are likely to look upon positively. There's no real direction to the statement either. Your signing it to make sure Obsidian make the next game, but realistically that is neither here nor there, as only one thing can assure that: Bethesda Studios. Even if you got 100,000 signatures, which is a far shot already, you'd in reality just be a lot of upset fans. Fallout New Vegas was fantastic, but we also need to accept and appreciate what we got and move on.
There also the issue of Obsidian themselves. This relies on them dropping their current projects, and while FNV was great, it used an existing engine and resources (bar those created from new) to create. Let's not forget, Obsidian don't have an amazing record with content in a time frame. While it tells a great story, KOTOR II was released unfinished as a direct result of this, so theres no guarantee that a game by them would work out a masterpiece. While I agree FNV is vastly superior in it's storytelling, it was also, sadly, a one off.

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvo on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:30 pm

I don't think it's going to change a thing. Bethesda OWNS Fallout and what they choose to do with it is up to them.

Anyway, look on the bright side. If Fallout 4 was branded an outcasted Fallout game by the fans for changing what fans loved, then I'm sure Bethesda will add that back in to the next game.

Character sheet
Name: Corvo
Faction:
Level: Colonial

View user profile https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ededed117 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:32 pm

That's how the world works. Money talks. You want it, set out to do it. I'm already help sponsoring Wasteland Overhaul team. If you have skills come help. If you don't, donate to the artists. Take actions
ededed117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by klup89 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 pm

@ededed117 wrote:That's how the world works. Money talks. You want it, set out to do it. I'm already help sponsoring Wasteland Overhaul team. If you have skills come help. If you don't, donate to the artists. Take actions

Can you tell em more about the wasteland overhaul?

I do companion requests!!
klup89

Character sheet
Name: Floor
Faction: NCR
Level: 89

View user profile https://nv-mp.com/forum/index.php?members/ncr-veteran-ranger.105

Back to top Go down

Post by momuse88 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:27 pm

I'd be more willing to sign a GUN petition, promoting more original thread content than the ever-constant "ObsidiGod" circlejerk. This shit is getting old, guys.

@klup89 There was a guy named Bungo who started a new project to overhaul the whole game. The main aim for the project is to make Fallout 4 feel more like a fallout game. They've outlined their goals here:

https://trello.com/c/wqAqfrKi

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerruti on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:57 pm

I rather agree with @momuse88 for a petition of the site Gunetwork.
However, any form of petition usually does not have a big impact or it would have to be signed by 5 or 7 ..... million gamers.
Which represents when one is a company a lot of money because a gamer is money.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top